The Axe

Guest Snapp

I wouldn't be surprised if Lincoln Lewis (Geoff) was axed from the show due to his off screen antics such as recording a sex tape on his mobile and showing cast members. Home and Away is a G rated program and things like this give the show a bad light.

Bobby Morley who played Drew was probably axed due to having problems with many cast mates. A few months before Drew's departure it was said in TV WEEK that the older cast members were upset by a younger cast member and they alerted Management about the individual and they were let go.

Helena Bozich who played Lynn in the early years of the show was let go by Producers. Her whereabouts is currently unknown. http://www.backtothebay.net/features/where...na-bozich.shtml

Tim Campbell who played Dan decided to leave the show after his contract expired. He has stated recently that he would be interested in returning to the show but nothing has been said since.

Jodi Gordon who played Martha was not kicked out the show. She chose to leave at the end of her contract. The reason she was not kicked was due to her large following of fans. When she told Producers that she was leaving, they begged her to stay but she decided to leave.

Never mind Lincoln Lewis' behind the scenes typical lad antics, it's appalling Axle Whitehead was EVER given another TV job after his incident at the Logies in 2006. Axle's incident was as public as you can get and the media is only condoning this sort of shock-for-attention behaviour by giving him a second chance. Sure, worse happens in Hollywood, no doubt about that but Australia should be upholding better standards. I swear they must have only added him to the cast to boost ratings because to begin with he wasn't even acting, just rehashing washed up pop start routine. Lame. Okay, I'll jump off my soap box now.

BTW, isn't H&A usually PG rated nowadays? Not that it makes much difference to what parents allow their kids to watch.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a UK viewer and so i think I may have missed something! What did Axle do at the Logies?

Axle was the host of Channel 10's music show Video Hits and at the Logies he flashed himself to everyone. He showed everything. He was fired by Channel 10 the next morning.

i wonder whether Bernard Curry was given the axe? when Hugo went into witness protection at the end of 2009 i am pretty sure that the only reason the character returned in 2010 was to serve as a plot exit for Jodi Gordon. the actor/character was instrumental in a storyline that a large percentage of viewers really disliked, and would have been a constant reminder of a real low-point in H&A storylining if he had become a regular post-2009. i would imagine he was given a one-year contract when he began on the show, and if the YLM had been more popular that it would have been extended.

just a theory, what do you guys think?

Axle did indeed expose himself but it wasn't at the Logies, it was at the ARIAs (Australian Record Industry Awards) back in October 2006. The incident was not show on the telecast though. But just like his character on the show, he was given a lifeline through a second chance and I'm sure that he has learnt from his mistake and moved on from that dark time of his life.

Noticed very heavely :o and that is not a joke ... Axle's still pickid on under water when he was on the morning show firts tme especially be the journos hes gotten a new chance they are on his side but they still got him in their power whenever they feel like it when it's not necassary, whydo they keep doing if it's not jealousy it's cheep for sure,they are lucky Axle stands above all that to dramatize a little but during commercial that's when the real fun begins does public have to be exposed to that :lol:

Axle the one and only real Whitehead! uh.. he and Jackass Johny Knoxville wicked buddy was it that bad? got a Linc of that too :blush:

Archived