1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Did anyone else notice how Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson 3, Neighbours) was a random extra in episode 79, in the scenes with Carly, Mr. Foley etc.? Quite amusing that the Buchanan girl and Melissa are both extras in these scenes, then a few years later are both involved in an incest storyline in Neighbours. :lol:

At the end of today's episode (80), Vera Bennett finds a pregnancy test kit under Roo's bed after earlier lecturing Roo about guys "wanting B.E.D" (she can't seem to actually say the word "bed" let alone say "sleep with guys" so she spells out the letters instead? What a laugh!!) Anyway, it is ironic that in the same episode, Vera lectures Roo about the dangers of "lust", saying it's the "devil's battleground" and how we should "position ourselves" for the best defences.

Anyway, it looks like Roo has fallen victim to lack of sex education, but it's still only PART of the reason why she got pregnant.

Discussion of episodes 81-85. :)

Enjoying the early years eps, although I admit I did find it strange when Frank told Roo that he would marry her if it was true that she was carrying his child. It's difficult to remember that this probably was the reality in 1988 when single mums were frowned upon but now it seems really strange.

Is anyone else surprised that no-one has asked Roo about Brett and whether she slept with him? I guess they wouldn't expect her to be so manipulative, but surely Frank would suspect it considering she told him a few weeks ago how she prefers "real men" where she is at boarding school now.

Archived