1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I've always found it strange that Roo has never returned. It would be the perfect time what with Martha back in the Bay, but Justine Clarke is doing that children's show these days. Hsving said that you'd think she'd jump at the chance of returning to Home and Away because surely it pays a lot higher? Though I suppose the hours on a children's show are pretty good, plus she did sound hugely enthusiastic about he job when I read an interview with her the other day.

Justine Clark doesn't only do Play School though, she was recently in a theatre production in New York with Cate Blanchet, she's also a very prominent actor on different ABC drama's and Australian released feature films, I see her more in other TV shows/dramas than I do other ex-cast members so that's probably why she wont return, she has moved on and probably gets paid 3 times the amount she would get from H&A.

Yeah Stevo and Sandra were only ever friends, that kiss in Thursday's episode was on the cheek too - maybe had she stuck around it would have progressed into something more.

Nah, they were going to, but they were interrupted.

Today's was a bit weak after a run of great episodes. Samuels is a jerk, though. I don't know about Steven being expelled, that guy would be out on his ass and probably up on child abuse charges nowadays for that kind of behaviour. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter whether or not they kissed, regardless of whether they were interrupted — it was the mere intention — makes no difference to whether they were "just friends" or "more than friends".

It is sad that Samuels would have been dealt with differently now to how he was dealt with in 1988.

Discussion for the next block of Early Years episodes.

Very much of a rarity in today's episode, with us seeing the long forgotten downstairs bedroom in Summer Bay House.

Rather powerful moment with Danny hearing Nev playing the last post, his underlying pain being all too obvious.

Interesting choice of music for the Anzac Day Service, very relevant song of course (link here for those not familiar) but its certainly something you wouldn't really get nowadays on the show

The song that played all throughout the final break in Episode 71 was I Was Only 19 by Redgum. Redgum isn't credited — instead CBS Records gets credited.

Thanks for that. I was quite amused when I heard the line "And why the Channel Seven chopper chills me to my feet?". Does Channel Seven exist in the world of Summer Bay?

I can't for the life of me work out how the downstairs bedroom fits into the any plausible lay out plan.

I was intrigued by the downstairs bedroom that apparently has been forgotten about since. Perhaps one day someone will rediscover it and find it full of Fletcher era treasures... or skeletons in the cupboard perhaps?

Archived