1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Yes, that's right. How I intended my post to read is that from watching Friday's episodes (103), I didn't see a scene that I'd already seen from having seen 104 many times (one of the first pre-2000 episodes I ever watched from the Summer Bay 3000 site) and therefore deducing that either 104 doesn't have a recap or they edited the VCR release.

Ahh sorry I get you now!

Bobby's theme in its infancy was heard today - I dont think I remember it being composed like that at the beginning but it sounds very recognizable as her theme regardless and really suited that scene in the hospital! The last few episodes have been awesome viewing!

I am loving these original episodes! I've never seen them before so it's making them every better, such great storylines, classic characters, puts today's stuff to shame.

I am really annoyed though, to be sure today's episode recorded I taped it on 2 Foxtel boxes and I wake up to see 'no signal, program failed'. Really, really annoyed. Huge episode, been building to this one for quite some time, and it fails to record.

Can anyone provide a small recap?

1988 and 1989 are unbeatable. :)

Erm... Frank flatlined on the operating table, but now seems to be going to be alright. Fisher helped Ailsa track down Bobby, who was all but ready to skip town. Roo told Alf everything, he was unsurprisingly unimpressed and went out, coming back to find Roo has left town - with Morag. At the end Bobby went to see Frank in hospital and told him she loved him (though he was unconscious!)

Morag also outwore her welcome with Ailsa, leading to this classic line:

Ailsa : "We're two mature women. We should be able to go two days without scratching each others eyes out... but you are pushing your luck, madam."

:lol:

Ahh sorry I get you now!

Bobby's theme in its infancy was heard today - I dont think I remember it being composed like that at the beginning but it sounds very recognizable as her theme regardless and really suited that scene in the hospital! The last few episodes have been awesome viewing!

It sounded as though it was still being practiced and rehearsed. Nevertheless, very recognisable and associated with Bobby scenes in future seen episodes (both the previous repeat run and the originals back in 1993, especially when she and Greg split up then got back together then when she died).

Archived