The Location Thread

ctang

I just e mailed the official site about the Summer Bay House rebuild and this is what I got back:

Yes they have been talking about it, and I'm not sure what stage they are at, but I will find out next time I go to the studio

So, at least we know it hasn't been forgotten about. I really hope they go through with it and we get rid of the supersized caravan park that we now have!!

I just e mailed the official site about the Summer Bay House rebuild and this is what I got back:

Yes they have been talking about it, and I'm not sure what stage they are at, but I will find out next time I go to the studio

So, at least we know it hasn't been forgotten about. I really hope they go through with it and we get rid of the supersized caravan park that we now have!!

I hope so too, the caravan park seems to have dissappeared again aswell doesn't it lol watching the early episodes with Summer Bay House and the gardens and leading into the caravan park and onto the road reaffirms for me the need to have a new house set built and try to try and get abit of continuity going again.

great, so glad this is still on the cards

great, so glad this is still on the cards

me too! :) and on Summer Bay House related note, did anyone else notice the wierd continuity error in tonights (Friday & UK time) episode? I noticed that the famous SBH main door had changed to a modern looking one. It was the same colour but was a different style, so I thought hmm have they really changed the famous door. (I had a brief thought it was the washroom door but that didnt make sense either and thats still white!) Then in a later scene it was back to normal! I'm not sure whether this was a continuity error in that thay HAVE changed the door but that scene was filmed in such a way that meant it didnt match in sequence, or was it some other kind of error that meant they just used a new door for that scene? lol I'm intrigued!

me too! :) and on Summer Bay House related note, did anyone else notice the wierd continuity error in tonights (Friday & UK time) episode? I noticed that the famous SBH main door had changed to a modern looking one. It was the same colour but was a different style, so I thought hmm have they really changed the famous door. (I had a brief thought it was the washroom door but that didnt make sense either and thats still white!) Then in a later scene it was back to normal! I'm not sure whether this was a continuity error in that thay HAVE changed the door but that scene was filmed in such a way that meant it didnt match in sequence, or was it some other kind of error that meant they just used a new door for that scene? lol I'm intrigued!

i think the red front door of SBH has a different design on the front to that on the back. i think the scene you may be talking about was where Alf was talking to Tachel and the door was closed behind them. on the back the design has two sets of two vertical rectangular panels, like the washroom door. and the front has three horizontal rectangular panels spaced out, one at the top, one at the bottom and one in the middle.

i think the red front door of SBH has a different design on the front to that on the back. i think the scene you may be talking about was where Alf was talking to Tachel and the door was closed behind them. on the back the design has two sets of two vertical rectangular panels, like the washroom door. and the front has three horizontal rectangular panels spaced out, one at the top, one at the bottom and one in the middle.

Ahhh, yeah that was the scene I was talking about lol it's so rare we actually see that door shut (I'm sure in the early years no one ever seemed to close it! lol) that i had no idea what the back looked like. I just assumed it was the same on the back :P thanks for clearing that up :D

That is actually the back door! The front door is out in the hallway, near the stairs but it hasnt been mentioned in years!

That is actually the back door! The front door is out in the hallway, near the stairs but it hasnt been mentioned in years!

I know :) we were meaning the front of the back door and the back of the back door (which you rarely see). But you're right, the front door hasn't been seen in a zillion years which always strikes me as odd - and the fact they have two back doors (the second one being the one leading off the kitchen onto the patio) lol

• 1 month later...

The posh new restaurant and bar, "Angelos": Obviously everyone has had a pay rise or Centrelink rise considering they're all eating and drinking there now. Anyway, aren't the sets for the surf club and Noah's bar going to be used at all now? I like the fact that there are new sets but it would better if they're used as well as the old sets, not instead of, for the sake of variety.