The Location Thread

ctang

The posh new restaurant and bar, "Angelos": Obviously everyone has had a pay rise or Centrelink rise considering they're all eating and drinking there now. Anyway, aren't the sets for the surf club and Noah's bar going to be used at all now? I like the fact that there are new sets but it would better if they're used as well as the old sets, not instead of, for the sake of variety.

I think the Surf Club and Noahs bar have been renovated into the whole new Surf Club look with 'Angelos' above and the Surf Club below, with what looks like a juice bar of some kind (not sure if it's called Noahs or not), the pool table etc etc. It looks completely different but I imagine far more realistic to what the surf club probably really looks like (and appears to actually match the exterior more closely too). Im sure I heard that this came about through real life renovations of the club with an upwards extension to the building and of course with the show revamping all its sets it came at just the right time! :)

Im sure I heard that this came about through real life renovations of the club with an upwards extension to the building and of course with the show revamping all its sets it came at just the right time! :)

That is correct, but as I mentioned in the Surf Club spoiler thread, the debut on screen is a little bit premature as the real life building work hasn't even started yet - it's still awaiting planning permission.

It looks completely different but I imagine far more realistic to what the surf club probably really looks like (and appears to actually match the exterior more closely too).

I actually have no idea how the new surf club fits into the exterior layout or where the old Surf Club used to be in place of the new one? To me it seems too big... but yeah in terms of layout, I really dont know - I mean where about its that doorway/utterance that used to be prominent? The kiosk bit? Where does it all fit...

Edited by alexx

It looks completely different but I imagine far more realistic to what the surf club probably really looks like (and appears to actually match the exterior more closely too).

I actually have no idea how the new surf club fits into the exterior layout or where the old Surf Club used to be in place of the new one? To me it seems too big... but yeah in terms of layout, I really dont know - I mean where about its that doorway/utterance that used to be prominent? The kiosk bit? Where does it all fit...

Being in the UK we've only just glimpsed the new renovations but to me the bits we've seen seem to marry more with those long narrow windows at the top of the building you see on the outside and a more prominent proper entrance that isnt hidden from view like the old one (on outside shots again it appears to have a proper reasobale sized entrance). The exterior of the club seems pretty big, if you look at the photos and on the google street view.

The kiosk is a funny one because, while it had apparently long gone from the interior of the surf club when Rhys was forced to close it (around the time it was closed for the last set of on screen renovations to open noahs bar, the gym etc) it still obviously existed on the outside (it wasnt even covered up to hide it)and even recently weve seen alf at the open kiosk handing boxes of what appeared to be stock through it to the interior (which wasnt glimpsed) lol so where that will or wont fit with the new look i don't know.

Just saw Episode 1822 and it ends outside the beach house....I think we see a bit more of it in the coming episodes. I remember being pleasantly surprised to see it back in 1995. They really need to start using this location again its beautiful!

My thoughts exactly - it's sad to think that it's been over a decade since we've actually seen a scene outside the Beach House - as far as I'm aware they've never even shown this current one outside of the odd stock shot, which is silly.

If it was the case that they weren't able to use that property anymore, then they should try again now that it has new owners. Mr Harris (location manager), if you're reading this then you'll find the address here - use it!

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to the police station, the courtroom has been will be shown occasional seeing what's coming and making good honest choices is what Morrag stands for

if she happened to visit by accident

she's no cheater that's for sure and she doen't take the defend on their weakness if it's got nothing to do with the case itself, she has her standards what makes her so good and in the end always wins or takes the best of it atleast.