The Location Thread

ctang

I have some vague recollection of another rare exterior scene around about there, or at least on the road, i may be completely wrong but I'm sure it involved Belle and a car accident - I've forgotten the details but I do remember it - unless it was somewhere else completely! lol

Oh I don't remember that at all.....will have to do some investigation..... the only car mishaps I remember with Belle were when she took Irene's car (which was 2006, before the townhouse appeared) and when she was run off the road during the development site storyline (which was in the middle of nowhere)

Does anyone else remember something along those lines?

Ahh maybe I was wrong then.. I just had that feeling we'd seen it onscreen once before for some reason, but maybe not lol

The only other car insidents involving Belle I can think of was the Dom storyline. And maybe when she was kidnapped by Amanda's sister. I cant remember anything about the locations though.

wouldn't it be fab to see the old beach house from the air?! they could be more creative if they put their mind to it. The new beach house shot does look rather like the back of a house and yeah, they do look like windows, although they must I assume open onto the veranda. I saw Leah's 'new house' stock shot for the first time last night - its horrible! it's nothing like the old one and again, as has been mentioned doesn't fit the interior atall... they may aswell not bother using them atall since they show no continuity or add anything to the story.

I presume it would be quite hard to focus in on one house amongst the other houses in terms of aerial shots. But I was just thinking more along the lines of the ones they used to use during the 90's, taken from far away - I think they'd look fantastic in HD, espeically if you can see a bit of the beach too. I remember one particular shot of the beach house, it was taken from afar and you saw the whole house and a lot of the sky and the garden/some of the beach (I think) - but it always made it look like such a beautiful house to live in and gave a really nice summer bay feel.

I also think they should use some stock shots from the later 90's of Summer Bay House, they had quite a few 'aerial' looking shots they could use again, all they need to do is upscale and color correct, I'm sure they would look good and seamless if they use that zooming effect they seem to make use off, until they've re-built - that's if they are still going ahead with it? Hopefully.

Thats true, I don't see any reason why they couldn't recycle old stock shots and make them work today. They seem to go from one extreme to another at the mo - amazing sweeping new shots of beach, landmarks etc to inferior/poor stock shots that could easily be much better. They definitely should with summer Bay House, they keep using the exact same night time shot all the time now and it's getting boring. They must have plenty of them, why not jig them about a bit lol

Thanks Dan! I remember when Brad first moved in, it was a one bedroom flat, and then the next year we had Morag, Roman, Aden and Nicole all living there in seperate rooms!

Do you know if the townhouse will be seen again or if that's the end of it on H&A?

Also, back to Summer Bay House. Do you have any idea what the real life interior is like? (either in the old house before the fire or the new one?) I've always wondered about that.

Thanks Dan! I remember when Brad first moved in, it was a one bedroom flat, and then the next year we had Morag, Roman, Aden and Nicole all living there in seperate rooms!

Do you know if the townhouse will be seen again or if that's the end of it on H&A?

Also, back to Summer Bay House. Do you have any idea what the real life interior is like? (either in the old house before the fire or the new one?) I've always wondered about that.

I'd forgotten about Brad living there lol is it just me or - yet again - does the front interior of the house not match the real life front exterior? On the inside the front door wall is flat and looks out onto what looks like another wall. On the outside the wall is at a sharp angle altogether with windows and blinds and obviously doesn't look onto a wall - or am i completely wrong? lol :S

Ahh I've just noticed theyve altered the outside in the 'as seen on screen' pics, to create the wall seen through the front door lol it looks better without it I have to say :) I'm amazed theyve gone to the trouble to create that continuity given the complete lack of it on these other location shots as discussed hehe

Yeah it would be fascinating to know what Summer Bay House looks/looked like inside for real! :)

Edited by pluto

Ahh I've just noticed theyve altered the outside in the 'as seen on screen' pics, to create the wall seen through the front door lol it looks better without it I have to say :) I'm amazed theyve gone to the trouble to create that continuity given the complete lack of it on these other location shots as discussed hehe

I knew there was something I forgot to mention when writing up that page, will have to add that now :wink:

I've been unable to find out about the real interior of Summer Bay House as yet - you can slightly see the walls in the burnt out picture but its difficult to say how it differs from on-screen - I remember there was once a newspaper article with a few pics of Kate Ritchie walking around the remains, but again it was difficult to compare anything.

I don't imagine we'll have seen the last of the townhouse, after all it's still in Nicole's name...

^^ The Townhouse now belongs to Nicole. Maybe she could move in there someday or rent it to someone else.

Thanks you for posting the new locations on the main site. :D

I have some vague recollection of another rare exterior scene around about there, or at least on the road, i may be completely wrong but I'm sure it involved Belle and a car accident - I've forgotten the details but I do remember it - unless it was somewhere else completely! lol

Oh I don't remember that at all.....will have to do some investigation..... the only car mishaps I remember with Belle were when she took Irene's car (which was 2006, before the townhouse appeared) and when she was run off the road during the development site storyline (which was in the middle of nowhere)

Does anyone else remember something along those lines?

Ahh maybe I was wrong then.. I just had that feeling we'd seen it onscreen once before for some reason, but maybe not lol

Could it be when Belle stole Barry's car and tried to avoid another car whose driver turned out to be Macca, Martha's brother? :unsure: The townhouse hadn't been on screen back then but I don't know if that road was anywhere near it.

As yes it was Barry's car, that's the one I meant in 2006. Belle took that from outside the surf club and the near-accident was on good old 'Old Yabbie Creek Road' - and yes it was Macca :wink:

I had a look at the scene you mentioned Alex, and whilst it was correct with the details, we didn't actually see Diana looking at the house - just Irene mentioning it and then Chloe going outside to meet her on the beach (not Clareville beach though). The search continues!

Oh shoot! The only memory I have of that episode is from when it aired back in 1999; for some reason it stuck out to me as memorable so I guess I must have presumed it was becuase we actually saw the beach house; though I do remember the scene between Diana and Chloe to be strong and character lead. Maybe it really was last used when Selina was kidnapped by Saul. The stock shots were so prominently featured though, so it felt like we saw it all the time in a way.

Nice update to the locations. Interesting to see how the Townhouse was dressed so as to fit the interior design. I think it always works best when they choose a outdoor location and then design a set around that. Thats why they should go back to using the original Beach House too.

Edited by alexx