The Location Thread

ctang

Ailsa'a original store was just across the road from the 'Pier Diner' but was demolished many years ago - there's absolutely no trace of it now with the whole area just being grass and picnic benches.

This is the only pic I have showing the exact spot nowadays, you can just see the road heading up to the left:

store.jpg

You can see the area on Google Maps here, but the Streetview doesn't really cover it.

ETA: The body they found was Philip Matheson, Steven's uncle

Cheers for that and clearing up the body question :) It's interesting to see it like that now. I know the pier etc have been used alot over the years but it's kinda nice that theres now a shop/diner etc so close to that original one! Am I right in thinking Bobby and Ailsa opened the Bayside diner because the old store burned down or was it already in existence? It was such an early epsiode I can't recall lol I remember the fire and obviously the diner being open but not if it was already there.

I always thought Stewarts Point was where the lighthouse was. I agree that it can be frustrating when they just keep changing locations all the time, its inconsistent. I dont think they realize how much it takes away from the idea of 'Summer Bay'. If they used consistent locations and named them consistently too, it would really create a fictional town that you can believe in...but when they change things around so much, like they do with the stock shots of the houses, it just takes 'something' away...

Edited by alexx

I watched Friday's episode after reading your thoughts here, and I have to agree - putting Martha on easily recognisable Pittwater side of Palm Beach and expecting us to believe it was Stewart's Point is frankly an insult to long-term viewers.

I always thought Stewarts Point was where the lighthouse was.

That was one of the places I'd always thought as a possibility - but with them mainly using West Head for Stewarts Point over the years, where you can see the lighthouse in the distance, it pretty much put pay to that one.

As much as I love West Head, you do have to question how it's within walking distance for the residents of the bay when it's the other side of Pittwater :P

That was one of the places I'd always thought as a possibility - but with them mainly using West Head for Stewarts Point over the years, where you can see the lighthouse in the distance, it pretty much put pay to that one.

As much as I love West Head, you do have to question how it's within walking distance for the residents of the bay when it's the other side of Pittwater :P

Was Belle and Aden's wedding on "Stewart's Point"?

Was Belle and Aden's wedding on "Stewart's Point"?

Yes, and Josie and Jesse's and also where Shane died. It's a beautiful location.

Ailsa'a original store was just across the road from the 'Pier Diner' but was demolished many years ago - there's absolutely no trace of it now with the whole area just being grass and picnic benches.

This is the only pic I have showing the exact spot nowadays, you can just see the road heading up to the left:

store.jpg

You can see the area on Google Maps here, but the Streetview doesn't really cover it.

Cheers for that and clearing up the body question :) It's interesting to see it like that now. I know the pier etc have been used alot over the years but it's kinda nice that theres now a shop/diner etc so close to that original one! Am I right in thinking Bobby and Ailsa opened the Bayside diner because the old store burned down or was it already in existence? It was such an early epsiode I can't recall lol I remember the fire and obviously the diner being open but not if it was already there.

Don't know if you're watching the Early Years episodes, but just so I don't give too much away.

We've just seen Ailsa leave Summer Bay, but she comes back from Singapore and she and Alf repair their relationship. I think since she was planning to cut her ties with the Bay, she had already thought about selling the shop. Whatever, Celia buys and runs it for 100 episodes or so, until Dodge burns it down. The Bayside Diner I think first appears in the first 1989 episode, so both business were in the show for about 70 episodes.

I don't know I've just been fooled by special effects, but I always got the impression that they actually do burn down the building in real life, like it was condemmed or something.

store.jpg

Don't know if you're watching the Early Years episodes, but just so I don't give too much away.

We've just seen Ailsa leave Summer Bay, but she comes back from Singapore and she and Alf repair their relationship. I think since she was planning to cut her ties with the Bay, she had already thought about selling the shop. Whatever, Celia buys and runs it for 100 episodes or so, until Dodge burns it down. The Bayside Diner I think first appears in the first 1989 episode, so both business were in the show for about 70 episodes.

I don't know I've just been fooled by special effects, but I always got the impression that they actually do burn down the building in real life, like it was condemmed or something.

Cheers for the backstory, I remember very little about the early episodes so its cool to know that about the store and diner. Are those Early Years episodes in the UK? I havent seen any (although i heard a few channels such as Living re ran some years back). I remember Five ran some supposedly 'early years' epsodes for a while a few years ago (around 2005 I think) but sadly they were only from 2000 - meaning their own early years and not actually the shows early years lol - a big disapointment to a long term fan I have to say.

Yeah I too thought the fire looked incredibly real, actually better than most modern incarnations (lots of smoke but no fire usually!). I'm not sure how they managed it if it WAS special effects/didn't burn the building down, I guess they have their ways if it was still standing at the end in real life lol

store.jpg

Cheers for the backstory, I remember very little about the early episodes so its cool to know that about the store and diner. Are those Early Years episodes in the UK? I havent seen any (although i heard a few channels such as Living re ran some years back). I remember Five ran some supposedly 'early years' epsodes for a while a few years ago (around 2005 I think) but sadly they were only from 2000 - meaning their own early years and not actually the shows early years lol - a big disapointment to a long term fan I have to say.

Yeah I too thought the fire looked incredibly real, actually better than most modern incarnations (lots of smoke but no fire usually!). I'm not sure how they managed it if it WAS special effects/didn't burn the building down, I guess they have their ways if it was still standing at the end in real life lol

I see we had another incarnation of Stewarts Point tonight (uk time), which had to be the worst ever incarnation. It's ridiculous in my view, its clearly just a little runway bit onto the beach, totally obviously not Stewarts Point!