Xavier Austin - David Jones-Roberts

-Kevin-

Me too Cal! :D

I'm so excited to see Brendan arrive, and the interaction with Xavier, I'm really hoping it's the positive kind!

As I've said before, I still do think that David is doing a good job of Xavier; I agree with others that he could do with a little more "expression" in his facial expressions, but on the whole, I'm being kept satisfied with Xaiver as a character, to be honest.

I particularly love the movie that he made for Ruby, AND the scenes between them in that episode. It seemed very 'sincere' acting!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too Cal! :D

I'm so excited to see Brendan arrive, and the interaction with Xavier, I'm really hoping it's the positive kind!

As I've said before, I still do think that David is doing a good job of Xavier; I agree with others that he could do with a little more "expression" in his facial expressions, but on the whole, I'm being kept satisfied with Xaiver as a character, to be honest.

I particularly love the movie that he made for Ruby, AND the scenes between them in that episode. It seemed very 'sincere' acting!

I agree with everything you said. This movie was soo sweet, I watched it like a million times

:lol: And he did seem very genuine in that episode.

• 1 month later...

Ok so my opinion on Xavier has changed completely since he arrived. I really disliked him when we first saw him but over the last few weeks i have warmed to him, particuarly after the introduction of Brendan. Now i can understand why he was acting out, due to the pressure he must be under having to care for Brendan at such a young age. I really like the strong bond he has with his brother [brendan], it has made me see a whole different side to him.

I also like his relationship with Ruby and the friendships he has made with Annie and Jai.

My opinion on Xavier has changed aswell.. I disliked him when he came to the bay, and I didnt really like him with Freya either. I've started liking Xavier a lot more since the arrival of Brendan, and I like the strong bond with them aswell.

Xavier is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. I didn't dislike him at first but I felt a bit uncomfortable about him, but I was also aware that that may have been exactly how we were meant to feel towards him. I couldn't see what Ruby saw but now I really admire her maturity and generosity to persist in helping Xavier escape Freya's negative influence. I also think that in a few short months, he's filled out a bit (or is wearing tighter shirts) and is looking great!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never liked Xavier's character and bringing in Brendan hasn't changed my opinion of him. Sure he is a good enough brother at certain times, but thats just one part of his character. So unless they plan on keeping him only involved in Brendan's storylines for his entire stay in Summerbay or give him a personality transplant when he's not then he is still going to the same character from before his brother showed, the one who really I despise. And even in the scenes with Brendan or anything dealing with Brendan I find it like the writers seem to be going overboard in suddenly trying to paint Xavier in a good light, be it because they might have become aware of how hated he was or because they just want to, but thats always the feeling I get when watching him since Brendan arrived.

Edited by Jody

I love that people are turning over to Xavier now :D

Although I do want to ask;

do people like him more because of how his character is with Brendan, but still think he's not a good actor [which nearly everyone seemed to be saying before :o] or do they think his acting is better now just because they like his storylines?

Hope that makes sense.

As always, think Xavier is going from strength to strength - his scenes with Ruby are building in chemistry, but I love the friendship vibe that David is giving off as well - when they're hanging out, it's not always full on which is great. And, of course with Brendan - that's just brilliant.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they started filming those scenes; say they had great craic :D

• 3 weeks later...