Xavier Austin - David Jones-Roberts

-Kevin-

I just wanted to say I met David when I visted the surf club on palm beach, also filming were; the new girl who's just started appearing in Oz eppisodes, Alf, Roo,Dex and Sid and John was walking around to.

There was a lot of people wanting their photos took with Alf but the rest of the cast didn't seem to have as much fan love. I was sat down drinking at the cafe when David walked past so I watched him as he checked his phone shaddow boxed some crew members. and as he seemed to be just messing around when they were setting up went over to ask to have my photo took with him and just say how much I liked his acting.

To be honest I didn't know what he was going to be like I did at first think he might be a bit big headed arrogant ect as I'd heard stories about the younger members of the cast and knew he was a friend of Lincoln Lewis (who's been painted bad in the press, however I'm sure he is a sound guy if you meet him)

David was well mannerd, down to earth, likeable bloke with took time out for me.

As for Xavier I love the comedy undercurrent we get with him now the other week when he had that massive grin when talking to dex when he was "convincing" him to give up the Pizza job and the looks he and John were giving over the no sex with his new girl had me in stitches.

I rate him in my top 3 soap actors with Kieron Richardson (Ste, Hollyoaks) and Jeff Rawle (Silas, Hollyoaks)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David was well mannerd, down to earth, likeable bloke with took time out for me.

I'm really pleased to read this. I wasn't his biggest fan to begin with, but I have really grown to love Xavier and I think he's actually one of the best characters in the show. He comes across as caring, friendly and giving, and I think the acting has improved.

I also have to say his relationship with Kelly was my favourite out of all of his relationships so far. I hope they bring her back as a regular, they were so well-wuited and their relationship has been one of my favourite storylins this year. I hope they don't shove him into a new relationship any time soon!

• 2 months later...

Xavier is such a great character

I read some stuff about the finale week and Xavier is a much better friend to Dexter, than Dexter ever was to him. Don't know if Dex deserves so much loyalty from Xav after Dex ultimate bratrayal of him. I found it weriod how they became friends again so quickly, quite unrealistically soo

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that two and a half years ago Xavier was near the top of the list of characters I wanted to get rid of.

Miles is still on UK screens at the moment

but aside from that I think Xavier's now my favourite.He's changed from a moody, arrogant teen with a chip on his shoulder into a kind-hearted, caring young man who I somehow can't bring myself to dislike even when he's doing dumb things.It just proves the show can still redeem "bad boy" characters if they don't try and make them the focus of the storylines.I think someone mentioned this elsewhere but Xavier is basically the glue that holds the current teen group together:If you look at that year group of him, Ruby, Dexter, April and Casey, Xavier's basically the only one that's good friends will all the others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Xavier left UK screens today and I'm going to miss him.It's a shame he went out with the Jett storyline which seemed to leave a lot of people hating him.While I disliked some of his attitude, I disliked some of Gina's attitude as well:They seemed to be at the two extremes with reality somewhere in the middle and Gina frankly seemed to treat Xavier as bad as he treated Jett.I personally think Xavier will make a good police officer and I think it's wrong to dismiss him as a "zero tolerance" cop or lacking compassion:I think the problem was that he let his personal feelings get in the way of doing his job and, from that perspective, getting a fresh start somewhere else is a good thing.The fact that compassion tended to be met with a literal bite on the hand didn't help but I think if he'd stuck around he'd have become friends with Jett, much as he did with John.Shame it won't happen but at least they parted on good terms.

At the risk of repeating some of my earlier posts, I think Xavier is one of recent years' quiet success stories.At a time when they seemed to have forgotten how to do "bad boys turned good" stories, he blossomed from an annoying troublemaker into a caring young man, helped by the way David Jones-Roberts matured into a decent actor who will hopefully do well in future.Even though other characters tended to hog the limelight, he managed to be a worthwhile part of the show.

Xavier left UK screens today and I'm going to miss him.It's a shame he went out with the Jett storyline which seemed to leave a lot of people hating him.While I disliked some of his attitude, I disliked some of Gina's attitude as well:They seemed to be at the two extremes with reality somewhere in the middle and Gina frankly seemed to treat Xavier as bad as he treated Jett.I personally think Xavier will make a good police officer and I think it's wrong to dismiss him as a "zero tolerance" cop or lacking compassion:I think the problem was that he let his personal feelings get in the way of doing his job and, from that perspective, getting a fresh start somewhere else is a good thing.The fact that compassion tended to be met with a literal bite on the hand didn't help but I think if he'd stuck around he'd have become friends with Jett, much as he did with John.Shame it won't happen but at least they parted on good terms.

At the risk of repeating some of my earlier posts, I think Xavier is one of recent years' quiet success stories.At a time when they seemed to have forgotten how to do "bad boys turned good" stories, he blossomed from an annoying troublemaker into a caring young man, helped by the way David Jones-Roberts matured into a decent actor who will hopefully do well in future.Even though other characters tended to hog the limelight, he managed to be a worthwhile part of the show.

Man, I'd totally forgotten that Xavier was introduced to the show as a drug dealer. I agree with you. He used to be an awful character, but he's one of the best for a while and, for whatever reason, other characters just seem to be more likeable when they're with him. Good luck to Dave in the future.

I've always like Xavier's character, coming into the show - obsession with drugs. Him listening to Jack Holden, to change his perception.

Then him going through all that he has, and coming out the other end wearing a police officer's uniform. He showed that the littlest change, can come from the biggest decision and for the better.

I will miss Xavier.

• 8 months later...

Xavier is one of those character that I didn't particularly care about when he was on the show full time. Like, I didn't instinctually hate him or anything, he just didn't really do anything that made me want to cuddle him and pet his hair or conversely, yell at the tv every time he walked on screen.

Then he decides to come back for all of two episodes and I'm like I've missed you so much don't ever leave and I don't know what happened in between. Like, he just seemed much more together this time around and he was actually interacting with all his friends and people he knew and having broments with Casey and Dex and then being an awesome big brother for a split second to Jett and I'm so pleased he's got his stuff together, because now I look at him quite fondly.

I don't know, I was just hit by sudden Xavier feels and didn't know where to put them so here I am.