Xavier Austin - David Jones-Roberts

-Kevin-

The problem I have with Xavier is that he helped Ruby go back in age. I don't mean physically, obviously. I mean mentally. She was quite mature for her age, but as soon as he comes to the bay, she starts acting like an idiot.

Xavier is a great character, but I am not impressed with his actions -_- Dope is over. It is no longer "cool". And his treatment of Hugo is rather rude. Jeez, I'm beginning to sound like an old man! :P

I hope he gets his act together. He isn't doing much for me. And I have the feeling he was meant as a Lucas replacement... which is impossible because there can be no such thing because Luc was irreplaceable.

[/blabbering]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent warmed to Xavier yet. Im guessing because of his behaviour since he has been in the bay. I guess there will be a reason for the way he is acting though. Especially with Hugo. Hopefully it wont be too long before we find out.

Edited by Danni02

I'm not sure if I like Xavier or not yet. I really like the actor and think he has a lot of potential but the character? Not so much. He looks kind of like Lucas and speaks like Lucas. He even sat on the same couch Lucas used to sit on.

I dunno where they're going with this character but I can't wait for him to start at the HS!

I actually dont think the guy is much of an actor. He has not been able to hook any one in despite a lot of opportunities to do so. I mean we had Archie in 2 episodes only this week and everyone raved about him. Why? Because the guy knew how to act and deliver the goods. The scenes this week he looked like he was reading from a laundry list and poor Ruby might as well have been acting with a card board cut out. A lot of people have been saying he is young and needs to have a chance etc... like others have done. But You cant compare him to say Jodi who had no acting experience at all or Kirsty and Jade who were 14 when they satrted. This guy is at least 20 and has been to a performing arts school and both his parents are actors etc... He has had the training which they didnt so he should be able to hit the ground running where they could not. So far he has been less tha impressive, A better actor, would have made a better impression.

Edited by Corey

I actually dont think the guy is much of an actor. He has not been able to hook any one in despite a lot of opportunities to do so. I mean we had Archie in 2 episodes only this week and everyone raved about him. Why? Because the guy knew how to act and deliver the goods. The scenes this week he looked like he was reading from a laundry list and poor Ruby might as well have been acting with a card board cut out.

A better actor, would have made a better impression.

I totally agree. The guy cannot act, full stop.

A more talented actor, would have definitely garnered some sympathy from the audience during the confrontation with Hugo about abandoning the family and being left to look after Brendan. He hasn't once looked to be feeling anything more than indifference to the fact that his first cousin was just tragically killed.

And, tonight, his supposed portrayal :blink: of being messed up and confused over Freya was.....ZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

Xavier out. Archie in. :P

Yeah. he really cant act. I suppose we should give him a few more weeks to see if his acting approves. But at the moment, it doesn't look promising.

I really think he was only casted because he somewhat resembles Lucas in a way...(Skinny, blonde.) And Hugo in place of Jack. (Dark haired older brother.) Maybe thats just me though. :)