Belle/Aden

Cal

Whether they would have worked or not is all down to the writers people :lol: So nobody knows if they would have lasted or not. To be honest if she wasn't gona get sick and die I don't think the writers would have been in such a hurry to get them back together as quick as possible just so they could have some time before she died. I tend to agree with you Red Ranger as I wasn't a great fan of Belle through the Adelle times in fact I loathed them both. I think that they would hve gotten a divorce quickly, in fact the wedding wouldn't have even happened if she wasn't dying.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have copyed this from my post in the Belle tread because I feel that this also belong to this discussion: "When Belle first got together with Aden she was ashamed of her, and he did forgive her for that. Well, he wasn't excactly kind to her when she wanted to be intimate, but he finally told her the reason. After that Belle was nice to Aden for about two weeks, then he had his breakdown. Yes, he put her through some difficult time when he took her and Rachel as hostages. I don't excuse his actions, but he didn't plan to do it, he actually had a breakdown. Belle had all right to feel unsure about Aden after this, but she should have seeked some support from her friends and from Irene. When Aden came out of the clinic she put him through a lot of tests. She gave him mixed signals. As the matter of fact, he was the one who had suffered from a breakdown not her, and in a situation like that you need stability and clear signals from others. Yes she did had the reason not to trust him anymore, but then she should have stayed away from him and not give him the mixed signals that she gave. He was still vulnerable and unstable. It felt that she wanted both Angelo and Aden, the manipulating Belle was in action again.

when she finally took him back, Aden became Belles doormat and not the other way around. He had to go through months supporting her with the consequenses of her actions towards the developement site (something that the police should have been investigating alone), after that it was months with her lying to him about the drugs. And everybody expected him to do so, because he owed her so much...well.... And finally she lied to him about her illness for weeks, and wanted to fool him into marriage. And she justified herself by saying it was because she loved him so much. What??? what about when he finally found out, what would he feel. She revealed the main reason for her lies on her wedding day when she was talking to Nicole. She said that she deserved to have a happy wedding day (she didn't mention what Aden deserved). It was like he had to justify himself all the time, everything became a test for him. She just tricked him around her finger (do you say that in English??)

I think that Aden loved Belle more than she loved him. It wasn't a ideal relationship but at least it was interesting. No relationship on H&A are perfect especially not the younger ones. We had Ric and Mathilda - he fooled a lot around with other girls, and she had a relationship with Lucas, and finally he was cheating on her with an older woman and she got pregnant. Ric has a similarity with Aden, that they both have a anger problem. But Ric was actually worse...He got into the fight club, Aden is worse when it comes to choice of words, he is much more verbally. Cassie was with a lot of troubled men etc. And I'm not looking forward to what the writers are going to do with young innocent Annie....

Well, I was expecting disagreements(and I'd like to add, everyone else who replied to my posts in this one and the other one, I completely respect your opinions and don't want to start an argument here)but I wasn't expecting this.I don't see how you can possibly say Aden was Belle's doormat.Aden used Belle as a verbal punchbag if he was having a bad day and worse she let him.I don't think there was anything comparable from her.She lied to him about the drugs and about her cancer:It was wrong and it was selfish but the one thing it wasn't was personal, she lied to everyone.He forgave her, maybe a bit too quickly and easily but then I think she forgave him a bit too quickly and easily sometimes.I guess maybe that's what people in love do.You brought up Aden taking her hostage so I'll comment on that as briefly as I can:You can call it a breakdown and try to make Aden out to be the victim, indeed that's what Belle ended up doing, but he knew what he was doing, he knew he was hurting Belle, he knew she didn't deserve it and he still decided that if that was what he had to do to get what he probably saw as justice then that's what he'd do.Whether she understood his reasons or not, Belle getting back with Aden after that seems only slightly more plausible than if Nicole took Trey back now.

Not their thread but your comments on Ric and Matilda left me wondering if I sound that desperate to think of something bad about a couple at times.(I probably do...)"He fooled a lot around with other girls"-if you mean he dated other girls before they got together...yes, so what?"She had a relationship with Lucas"-again, yes, so what?"He was cheating on her with an older woman and she got pregnant"-He slept with her once, technically they weren't together at the time and really the only difference between that and Aden sleeping with Nicole was the time frame.As for Ric having more of an anger problem than Aden, I don't think the fight club was about that, it was about Ric finding himself in financial strife and making a bad choice to get himself out of it, like Aden did when he got involved with a loan shark and match fixing.If you look at Aden's behaviour this year, threatening Liam, ruining a police operation by jumping Russell, squaring up to Geoff when he got angry about Belle's drug taking, I'd say him and Ric were about the same.

I have copyed this from my post in the Belle tread because I feel that this also belong to this discussion: "When Belle first got together with Aden she was ashamed of her, and he did forgive her for that. Well, he wasn't excactly kind to her when she wanted to be intimate, but he finally told her the reason. After that Belle was nice to Aden for about two weeks, then he had his breakdown. Yes, he put her through some difficult time when he took her and Rachel as hostages. I don't excuse his actions, but he didn't plan to do it, he actually had a breakdown. Belle had all right to feel unsure about Aden after this, but she should have seeked some support from her friends and from Irene. When Aden came out of the clinic she put him through a lot of tests. She gave him mixed signals. As the matter of fact, he was the one who had suffered from a breakdown not her, and in a situation like that you need stability and clear signals from others. Yes she did had the reason not to trust him anymore, but then she should have stayed away from him and not give him the mixed signals that she gave. He was still vulnerable and unstable. It felt that she wanted both Angelo and Aden, the manipulating Belle was in action again.

when she finally took him back, Aden became Belles doormat and not the other way around. He had to go through months supporting her with the consequenses of her actions towards the developement site (something that the police should have been investigating alone), after that it was months with her lying to him about the drugs. And everybody expected him to do so, because he owed her so much...well.... And finally she lied to him about her illness for weeks, and wanted to fool him into marriage. And she justified herself by saying it was because she loved him so much. What??? what about when he finally found out, what would he feel. She revealed the main reason for her lies on her wedding day when she was talking to Nicole. She said that she deserved to have a happy wedding day (she didn't mention what Aden deserved). It was like he had to justify himself all the time, everything became a test for him. She just tricked him around her finger (do you say that in English??)

I think that Aden loved Belle more than she loved him. It wasn't a ideal relationship but at least it was interesting. No relationship on H&A are perfect especially not the younger ones. We had Ric and Mathilda - he fooled a lot around with other girls, and she had a relationship with Lucas, and finally he was cheating on her with an older woman and she got pregnant. Ric has a similarity with Aden, that they both have a anger problem. But Ric was actually worse...He got into the fight club, Aden is worse when it comes to choice of words, he is much more verbally. Cassie was with a lot of troubled men etc. And I'm not looking forward to what the writers are going to do with young innocent Annie....

Well, I was expecting disagreements(and I'd like to add, everyone else who replied to my posts in this one and the other one, I completely respect your opinions and don't want to start an argument here)but I wasn't expecting this.I don't see how you can possibly say Aden was Belle's doormat.Aden used Belle as a verbal punchbag if he was having a bad day and worse she let him.I don't think there was anything comparable from her.She lied to him about the drugs and about her cancer:It was wrong and it was selfish but the one thing it wasn't was personal, she lied to everyone.He forgave her, maybe a bit too quickly and easily but then I think she forgave him a bit too quickly and easily sometimes.I guess maybe that's what people in love do.You brought up Aden taking her hostage so I'll comment on that as briefly as I can:You can call it a breakdown and try to make Aden out to be the victim, indeed that's what Belle ended up doing, but he knew what he was doing, he knew he was hurting Belle, he knew she didn't deserve it and he still decided that if that was what he had to do to get what he probably saw as justice then that's what he'd do.Whether she understood his reasons or not, Belle getting back with Aden after that seems only slightly more plausible than if Nicole took Trey back now.

I'm glad you too our replies as a mere discussion :)

and what you said above ^^^... RR1 in your post

I couldn't have said ti any better myself!

Edited by matticus01

I'm glad you too our replies as a mere discussion :)

and what you said above ^^^... RR1 in your post

I couldn't have said ti any better myself!

Of course I don't want to start an argument either. But I have read your posts for about more than a year now RR1 and sometimes they have really upset me and irritate me, but in a good way, they are getting me engaged/more interested to the show! :lol::lol: And it is interesting to read others views on the storylines. :) Aden yes he had a breakdown, it was a sudden change in his mind, he wasn't at the moment able to see an another way to get rid of his pain. But I have to say that I think that sometimes the writers take their storylines too far, just for the exitement without actually go in to such a serious matter with more sensivity. The Charlie/Ruby-storyline, Melody, Trey etc are other examples of that. And yes I have to say that of course aden did use Belle as a punching bag, especially in the beginning, but she actually let him do it... She was the manipulator in this relationship, because most of the storylines were hers... And its not always the girl who's the victim.... I think its easy for us to take the girls side in the storylines, because most of us are females.

:lol:

But I have to say that I think that sometimes the writers take their storylines too far, just for the exitement without actually go in to such a serious matter with more sensivity. The Charlie/Ruby-storyline, Melody, Trey etc are other examples of that.

I actually agree with you here.It's better not to raise serious issues at all than to just trivialise them, which I think they did by taking Aden's problems to extremes and then having him get over them pretty much straightaway...twice.

But I have to say that I think that sometimes the writers take their storylines too far, just for the exitement without actually go in to such a serious matter with more sensivity. The Charlie/Ruby-storyline, Melody, Trey etc are other examples of that.

I actually agree with you here.It's better not to raise serious issues at all than to just trivialise them, which I think they did by taking Aden's problems to extremes and then having him get over them pretty much straightaway...twice.

yepp, yes they did!!

Nawww! :wub: Did you see that cute little article with adelle in it (in tv week) The picture of adelle are just so adorable, Aden's hand over Belle's stomach protectively :lol: Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking :P *cough* *cough*

Isn't great we have an adelle recruit inside TV week Carlyon :lol:

I'd like to mend Aden's heart, who wouldn't!!!! :wub:

Edited by Dotti

I am sorry to say, but i find the grieving from Aden not very well done. I don't blame Todd, he can pull anything given to him, off. But i find the writers did a terrible job. We saw Aden grieving for a few days, and then he goes on like normal. I am just disappointed, i expected more grieving scenes, or little comments or mention from him. The ones i found were very well done was Marthas because of Jack, and sorry to mention, but Declan in Neighbours. Those seemed more realistic, and not done and dusted like here with Aden.

Nawww! :wub: Did you see that cute little article with adelle in it (in tv week) The picture of adelle are just so adorable, Aden's hand over Belle's stomach protectively :lol: Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking :P *cough* *cough*

Isn't great we have an adelle recruit inside TV week Carlyon :lol:

I'd like to mend Aden's heart, who wouldn't!!!! :wub:

Could a baby Adelle have been on the way!