Belle/Aden

Cal

QUOTE (gillyh @ Sep 27 2009, 06:22 AM)

QUOTE (Lily-G @ Aug 21 2009, 04:35 AM)

I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to listen to the letter Belle gave Irene. You can see Aden's really struggling to cope.

I've been wondering the same thing. Also, didn't Belle give Aden a couple of letters, so there should be another one somewhere.

No Belle only wrote one letter for Aden, but she also wrote one for Irene which I am interested in knowing whats in that one, as Irene hasn't read it yet!

I think she meant Aden's letter was more than a page long and yes we heard the entire letter read out by Belle (that was Aden's letter). I guess we are to assume Irene has already read her letter and we'll never know what the letter said. I think Belle was just editing her letter to Irene and Aden and who knows maybe writing her will?

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gillyh @ Sep 27 2009, 06:22 AM)

QUOTE (Lily-G @ Aug 21 2009, 04:35 AM)

I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to listen to the letter Belle gave Irene. You can see Aden's really struggling to cope.

I've been wondering the same thing. Also, didn't Belle give Aden a couple of letters, so there should be another one somewhere.

No Belle only wrote one letter for Aden, but she also wrote one for Irene which I am interested in knowing whats in that one, as Irene hasn't read it yet!

I think she meant Aden's letter was more than a page long and yes we heard the entire letter read out by Belle (that was Aden's letter). I guess we are to assume Irene has already read her letter and we'll never know what the letter said. I think Belle was just editing her letter to Irene and Aden and who knows maybe writing her will?

Belle said there were some letters for Aden, so that means they were more than one. I do hope we get to hear Irene's letter.

Oh gosh, feels like I'm intruding on a wake here and I should probably leave you all to mourn in peace but...I'm still not convinced Aden and Belle would have lasted.Theirs struck me as a strong love but not a particularly deep love.It seemed to come more from what they'd been through together and needing each other's support than any basic compatibility.They were thrown together by circumstances at a low point, possibly the lowest point, in their lives and just grabbed onto each other.And they never really had a chance to let go.

I'm not sure Aden really knew Belle as a person.To him she was an ideal, a symbol, the girl who saw the worst of him and still loved him and helped him be a better person.He might have known what her favourite champagne was but I don't think he really knew much about the sort of person she was and what she wanted out of life.As for Belle, having had a string of failed relationships, it felt like she was willing to do anything not to lose someone else she loved, even if it meant pretty much losing her identity and her ability to stand up for herself."I put so much effort into Aden and it still failed,"she moaned after probably their most serious break-up, seeming to realise she's been left on her own again and isn't very good at it.It's telling that right up to the end neither of them seemed to have much of an idea what was going on in the other's life.

For all their supposed scenes of domestic bliss, it was perhaps interesting Belle was almost insulted that Aden praised her in practical terms, because she was used to their relationship existing on a higher but perhaps more nebulous level.Going on past form, they'd probably have filed for divorce within six months.And then torn up the papers and had hot make-up sex.But you can only split up so many times before one of them sticks and I think they'd have reached that point eventually.

Maybe I'm wrong.Maybe their love would have deepened if they'd had a chance.Maybe there was even a hint of that in the way Aden quickly came to terms with Belle lying about her illness when in the past he'd have sulked for months.Then again maybe he was just reacting to the unique circumstances:In a way, Belle backed him into a corner and didn't give him any choice but to marry her, much as he backed her into a corner and didn't give her any choice but to take him back when he told her about his abuse.

Ironically, in the end they were torn apart by the one thing they genuinely had no control over.It seems in the final reckoning they just weren't meant to be...or at least weren't meant to be for very long.

I have copyed this from my post in the Belle tread because I feel that this also belong to this discussion: "When Belle first got together with Aden she was ashamed of her, and he did forgive her for that. Well, he wasn't excactly kind to her when she wanted to be intimate, but he finally told her the reason. After that Belle was nice to Aden for about two weeks, then he had his breakdown. Yes, he put her through some difficult time when he took her and Rachel as hostages. I don't excuse his actions, but he didn't plan to do it, he actually had a breakdown. Belle had all right to feel unsure about Aden after this, but she should have seeked some support from her friends and from Irene. When Aden came out of the clinic she put him through a lot of tests. She gave him mixed signals. As the matter of fact, he was the one who had suffered from a breakdown not her, and in a situation like that you need stability and clear signals from others. Yes she did had the reason not to trust him anymore, but then she should have stayed away from him and not give him the mixed signals that she gave. He was still vulnerable and unstable. It felt that she wanted both Angelo and Aden, the manipulating Belle was in action again.

when she finally took him back, Aden became Belles doormat and not the other way around. He had to go through months supporting her with the consequenses of her actions towards the developement site (something that the police should have been investigating alone), after that it was months with her lying to him about the drugs. And everybody expected him to do so, because he owed her so much...well.... And finally she lied to him about her illness for weeks, and wanted to fool him into marriage. And she justified herself by saying it was because she loved him so much. What??? what about when he finally found out, what would he feel. She revealed the main reason for her lies on her wedding day when she was talking to Nicole. She said that she deserved to have a happy wedding day (she didn't mention what Aden deserved). It was like he had to justify himself all the time, everything became a test for him. She just tricked him around her finger (do you say that in English??)

For me Belle was the most bad young girl through all times on the show. Manipulating and extremely self sentered. A lot of people see aden and belle as the usual "Bad boy meets good girl" thing, but for me they were two very troubled persons who met each other, but troubled in different ways. "

---

I think that Aden loved Belle more than she loved him. It wasn't a ideal relationship but at least it was interesting. No relationship on H&A are perfect especially not the younger ones. We had Ric and Mathilda - he fooled a lot around with other girls, and she had a relationship with Lucas, and finally he was cheating on her with an older woman and she got pregnant. Ric has a similarity with Aden, that they both have a anger problem. But Ric was actually worse...He got into the fight club, Aden is worse when it comes to choice of words, he is much more verbally. Cassie was with a lot of troubled men etc. And I'm not looking forward to what the writers are going to do with young innocent Annie....

Edited by jodlebirger

He might have known what her favourite champagne was but I don't think he really knew much about the sort of person she was and what she wanted out of

I kind of agree with you here, this coule is one of my favourites, although I think Aden didn't really know the 'old' Belle. I don't think Aden really understood what type of person Belle was like when she was a teenager. I do think that Aden knows the "changed" Belle we see, the mature 20 year old. I guess we're to assume they have had disucssions with each other about what they were like as younger teenagers. So to a certain degree I agree with you..

If you take a really good look at their relationship I would probably say Aden did love Belle a little more than Belle loved him, but I guess that's because Aden hasn't had many people in his life he has loved and who have offered to love him back. So maybe he is more grateful in that way? But that doesn't mean Belle does love him alot.

I don't think that Todd and Jess portrayed hot, steamy chemistry, sorry I love you both Jess and Todd and I love Adelle, but I really didn't see any chemistry. I did however see lots of affection and love portrayed which was lovely :)

She painted Sally as a villain in the paper, and that actually was the first step for Sally to realise that she had to move away from the bay.

No, that wasn't exactly write at all! Belle wrote a beautiful article about Sally and the school but Gavin turned the article around to make Belle look bad! so Belle didn't set out to hurt Sally at all, and not wanting to lose her first actual job as a writer, she was torn between her friends and her job!

And finally she got together with Aden. At first she was ashamed of him, and he did forgive her for that.

And second, she wasn't ashamed of Aden at all, she was ashamed of what people would think of her because she was with Aden, especially after the whole Drew thing.

For me Belle was the most bad young girl through all times on the show. Manipulating and extremely self sentered.

I can think of so many people who are manipulative and extremely self centered, Belle not being one of them. She never once thought about herself, but other people, look at the development site, she wanted to shut it down for what it was doing to other people, and had done.

Sure, when Belle was younger, she was manipulative, especially when it came to Ric and Lucas and some parts of Drew... but I really dont think she was like that with Aden, she truly loved him and she didn't tell him about her illness at first because with her conversation with Rachel "I'm scared for Aden!'

A lot of people see aden and belle as the usual "Bad boy meets good girl" thing, but for me they were two very troubled persons who met each other, but troubled in different ways.

I never saw the bad boy meets good girl, Belle was never a good girl, ever, she had her moments but as she grew up, she became more mature, Belle was carefree and a free spirit who wanted to sore. Sure when all her original friends left, she didn't know who she was or what she wanted anymore but she fell in love with Aden, and they made each other complete.

and RR1 everyone knows that you never saw the connection between Aden and Belle, which is understandable but I seriouly think if they had lasted and Belle didn't get cancer, I think they would have worked... no... I know they would have worked

For me Belle was the most bad young girl through all times on the show. Manipulating and extremely self sentered.

I can think of so many people who are manipulative and extremely self centered, Belle not being one of them. She never once thought about herself, but other people, look at the development site, she wanted to shut it down for what it was doing to other people, and had done.

Sure, when Belle was younger, she was manipulative, especially when it came to Ric and Lucas and some parts of Drew... but I really dont think she was like that with Aden, she truly loved him and she didn't tell him about her illness at first because with her conversation with Rachel "I'm scared for Aden!'

First things first, well said Bec I agree with everything you said :P I agree that Belle was never a saint and she was manipulative when she was 16, especially when it came to hooking up but I think that was only because she was craving for love she wanted to belong and she wanted to feel loved and wanted. Also when it came to sex as a 16 year old I think Belle thought that guys would only like her if she had sex with them and wouldn't like her for just being Belle.

If Jess and and possiblity Todd wanted to hang around longer I reckon they would have made adelle have a mini Aden or little Belle "running around" :P

and RR1 everyone knows that you never saw the connection between Aden and Belle, which is understandable but I seriouly think if they had lasted and Belle didn't get cancer, I think they would have worked... no... I know they would have worked

I totally agree with you Bec!

From the very beginning, I knew Aden and Belle were the kind of couple who wouldn't just break up and be friends.

There was just something between them that kept them together, or wanting to be together at least.

I don't think anybody was sure what we happen the first few times they broke up, but then when they got back together after Belle's drug addiction, and the Liam thing, I knew they were back together for good, and that was ages before anyone found out she had cancer.

I am fully confident that if Jess had stayed on the show, both Aden and Belle would stay together until or if both actors decided to leave together!

Edited by Adelle4eva!!!