Belle/Aden

Cal

^^ I find it unfair how really popular couples like Adelle and JM never got a happy ending.

Would you rather have had them break up ? I know I would have Jack die a thousand times over before he left the bay and Martha for some other reason.

The only people to blame in situations like these are the actors/actresses. They chose to leave when the other was intent on staying put, although it was stupid that Todd left so soon after Jess did, would it have hurt Jess to stay on a bit longer ? But I guess they didn't know of Todd's plans to leave at the time Jess quit. As for the Nicole/Aden thing, they needed something for Aden to do instead of just hanging around!

hmm I totally disagree with this because Todd left the show more than 8 months(!!!!) after Jessica and that is long time in H&A... when you think about that they leave after only 2-3 years...

But what was wrong, was how Aden was treated afterwards...

Aden had a lot of potential as a character on his own, but after Belle this was never followed up.

And I really hate how people seem to think that Aden's character was all about his relationship with Belle, he was so much more than that. I really hate how they always treat the characters as individuals... Life is more about than an on-and-off realtionship and constant bickering and flirting than both Jack/Martha and Aden/Belle had. But both Aden and Belle were stronger as individiual characters than Jack/Martha (esp. Jack..) were. But Belle had been longer on the show than Aden, she debuted more than a year before him (I think that his 6 eps from 2005 don't count, because we never really learned to know aden by then, he was only treated a figure who stood in the way of Rick/Cassie...) So Aden should have got more attention after Belle had died. And Adens storyline was never finished in a proper way in 2008 because belle and her misery came in the way... too much were thrown in their way.

His family storyline was brought back only six weeks before he left, and it was not written in a satisfying way... It seemed just to have the purpose to give the departing character more negativities so anyone shouldn't miss him....

Adens familystoryline should have been brought back just after Belle died (if not before...), and it should have been treated with respect because it was such a sensitive topic!!

And then by the end we could have Aden move on with somebody else, it would have been more satisfying for everyone. To couple him with Nicole was just extremely stupid since she was due to depart long time after him.... And his future should not have been brought up just as an excuse to make him breakup with Nicole, and as an excuse to adelle fans but used as a full storyline on its own. Thoughts about future jobs, UNI, etc... rather to force him into something he didn't want too..(the army)

Aden could have met somebody new by the end and leave with her, or he could have chosed to leave with Justin after they had finsihed the familystoryline in a proper way.

We should have seen Larrys funeral. We should have seen Larry and Aden talk together, and Aden should not have gone back to be far worse than he ever had been before!!! So there were a lot to do with his character after Belle died, enough to fill 8 months.

but this is typical H&A, far too couple/romance directed!

I would have liked Belle to leave in a different way too. she could have returned to drugs or left in the drug storyline. I think that the writers throw far too much misery on this couple. To have to deal with an abusive past, breakdown, her been beaten and in hospital numerous times, drug abuse, cheating, a bookie - him getting bashed, and finally cancer and death became far too much.... And after Adens breakdown it was wrong to throw Angelo in the mix. The storyline would have been much better if Belle and Aden worked slowly through their problems with help from Irene, Roman and the other residents of the bay.

I think that somebody else should have got the drug storyline or the cancer one... Because we never got the oppurtunity to see this couple really happy and doing normal stuff ... Yes, we had that prawn trawler thing --- but still, there were a lot of other potential happy stuff they could have put between the more dramatic ones.

Belle/Aden were extremely different and the totally opposite to how the teen/young adult relationship is portrayed now... Just look at Indi and Romeo... So very innocent without any drama... In many ways good but also very empty and dull... Just portrayed like parents want their kids to be... but what about a more mixed and balanced relationship, which is more realistic.

Edited by jodlebirger

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm I just posted because I miss them... as I said some people disagree and fair enough.... I didn't think it would start a debate about the inns and outs of their relationship...

meh... I just miss them! :(

They were what made me watch the show... its so... boring now... I only watch the Indi/Romeo/Sid/Dex stuff! but mainly Romeo/Indi... why couldn't Adelle just leave together! :confused:

Edited by matticus01

Ummm I just posted because I miss them... as I said some people disagree and fair enough.... I didn't think it would start a debate about the inns and outs of their relationship...

They were what made me watch the show... its so... boring now... I only watch the Indi/Romeo/Sid/Dex stuff! but mainly Romeo/Indi... why couldn't Adelle just leave together! :confused:

I only posted to say that Todd and Jess could have left together to give them a happy ending :lol: I seem to have started a very large debate :lol:

I only posted to say that Todd and Jess could have left together to give them a happy ending :lol: I seem to have started a very large debate :lol:

I totally agree with you Kevin! H&A supercouples like Adelle and JM should have had a happy ending!

When they were couples, they brought in great ratings and a huge amount of viewers for the show!

It's a shame they didn't have a happily ever after!

Edited by LauraPhilly!!

:) I did not say that I don't miss them... I just said my opinion that it is very unfair to expect two characters/actors leave at the same time, especially when one of them debuted much earlier than the other one. And my wishes for how I wanted the storyline to go...

And I also think it is sad that people do seem to just care about the couples and not the individual characters... Because that means no deep character developement and just nagging on-and-off things, so I do hope the writers can find the balance and also develope characters individually.

but with that said, I really do miss these kind of characters, intense, deep and very emotionally involved in everything they did. The new characters seem much more shallow, and just smiling and wiping troubles away without explore them in a realistic way.

I liked the arguments, the very happy intense moments and the sad ones, but I do think that they should have got more of the happy ones.

And by the way, I wish that Aden could pop in back in the bay for a visit, to make up to Irene, Leah and the others he hurt by leaving so suddenly.

And probably have a talk to Nicole too, and get their friendship back on track (not relationship!), even if I think that Nicole has after Adens departure played too much of a victim in this, the whole storyline got twisted. Because it wasn't Aden who left her, she left him.... Friendship has to be taken more care of in Summerbay, because friendship is really an imortant thing in life.

And I do agree that we should have seen Aden visit Belles grave, but this is H&A and they never show these things. I wish we had a funeral for Larry too, because after the mystery about his death was resolved we never heard more about it... It would have been good too see the aftermath of everything. It would have made the storyline more real and human.

And we have never seen Tony visit Beths grave either... I wish they didn't drop those things... It would have been good if Aden and Irene had visited Belles grave before he left and then he leave with a heartfelt to Irene because she was trying to be good to Aden after Belle died. And Belle was the one who made Irene care about Aden...

All those things would have made the community feeling better..

But I'm glad they (those two actors) were at the show at the time they did, because we wouldn't have seen the intense storyline otherwise. It's a new era now.

Sorry for rambling.. But I have to say that even there was sometimes things that I didn't like with their storyline I really liked (admired) some things about those two and how the two actors + the writers pulled some part of the storyline together. It was very good acting for a soap!!! :)

I understand the Adelle fan's wish for a happy ending for their favourite couple although I'm sometimes a little bemused as to the extreme lengths they will go to to pursue that wish.

However I think we have to consider the fans in general. Believe it or not there are not just those who "love" Adelle and those who "hate" them. There are the vast majority of the fans who appreciate the drama and storylines surrounding all couples without singling out any one couple for their love or hate.

For this large group of fans the cancer storyline which lead to Belle's death and the involvement of other characters including Aden in it was one of the best and most compelling storylines in the recent history of the show. It provided a fantastic opportunity for both Jessica Tovey and Todd Lasance to showcase their acting talent to the delight and appreciation of many of the fans. Perhaps a happy ending could have been written to also do that but it might then have just been lost among all those other fairytale endings on their way to the sunset.

Edited by john003au
Edit

meh... I just miss them!

They were what made me watch the show... its so... boring now... I only watch the Indi/Romeo/Sid/Dex stuff! but mainly Romeo/Indi... why couldn't Adelle just leave together!

I know Bec, and it seems I'm not allowed to moan without starting a debate and bringing those who hate adelle into it.... I miss them too.

Anyways.... why don't we share our favourite quotes and scenes of adelle...? I personally love so many moments of Adelle, they had the cutest fluffy moments :wub: I liked the scene when Aden was there to catch Belle in the kitchen when she was going through withdrawals. I love the way Aden hugs and kisses Belle....so romantic! I really believe Aden and Belle didn't quiet express in words how much they love one another and what they meant to each other, but their body lanauage surely expressed that love. It's cute when Aden gets defensive and protective of Belle, like when he was jealous of Belle and Liam.

My two favourite scenes are probably different ones to most others. I love the one when they are lying on her bed talking after Aden came around with the flowers and the DVD and thought that he'd be able to sleep with her just because he'd told her about the abuse. My other favourite scene is the one on the beach just after he'd been let out of rehab.

I think the reason I loved them was more because of the story that went with their relationship because of Aden's abuse more than their chemistry (which I think they did have).

Edited by Lise

I miss them too, I used to sky + all the eps when they were on so i wouldn't miss any adelleness.... i think one of the best things they bought to the show was their acting, (not saying noone else can act) but their performances were just incredible! the abuse storyline, the drug storyline, the cancer, their relationship and the thing is, some people might say they were all individual storylines but they weren't, what made them amazing was that they were in it together and Todd and Jess were just incredible!

since they've both left i haven't really had that much interest in the show... there's no storyline gripping me. which is why i think its a shame they've gone back to the "old style family H&A" where nothing reallllllly happens. the whole Abuse thing was so new to the show it gripped everyone!

I really hope they're the couple that gets chosen to have the 10 eps on fiver... you can vote here http://holysoap.five.tv/homeandaway