Belle/Aden

Cal

The thing is these things, calling people names, do happen when you have been sexually abused, a lot of sufferers don't want people to get too close, especially in the bedroom, so will find ways to push people away. I'm not sure Nicole was ever close enough to be totally rejected but Belle was hence why he called her a skank and not Nicole. Aden was, and still probably is slightly, scared of any form of sexual activity due to his past and the assosiactions that goes with it.

Maybe so. This actually brings me to the points I can't stand about Adelle. The red line that is supposed to be in a storyline to make it believable, is nowhere to be found in the Adelle storyline. It's gone. It flew out the window or something.

Aden did have one or two sessions where he dealt with the issue involving sexual activity, and then we're supposed to believe that he went from a kid who freaked out when someone came too close, to a person that is ready for it and who has no problems with sexual activity. Then, dun-dun-dun, he has a breakdown which is related to the abuse, he gets away with it because of the abuse, and then, dun-dun-dun, he sleeps with Belle again. What the...? And where did this all begin? Aden and Belle hating (well, maybe not hate, but it certainly wasn't love) each other, and then, as by magic, they love each other. And if Aden says "Jump", Belle asks "How high?" :rolleyes:

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think that the whole sleeping together was really rushed. I mean who gets over sexual abuse after two counselling session and is completely fine with sleeping with someone without a problem and no more problems to do with it.

Although I suppose the writers didn't want to drag it on for too long. It would get a little boring just to keep seeing him not be able to go further.

Adelle Fan Where is the picture from your av from. I'm guessing It's Aden finding her unconscious, but I haven't seen a scan or pic with it.

I still love the couple, I dont know what it is about them but I dont think i could ever not like them.

Im glad that belle finally told angelo, when I was watching I kept thinking, Ooo! just tell him the truth, but at the same time I could see that Belle didnt want to hurt him even more and even thoughin lying could have and has made things worse, Im still thinking that angelo would still have the same reaction and be as just as mad? Like he said hes a sore looser

I still love the way belle and aden cae about each other, and I feel sad that now everyone knows they will never fully understand cos Aden was trying to be good and lay off belle whilst she was still with angelo. I hope things are gonna be ok, it might not ake sense but I think I like them even more after this, cos they really didnt want to hurt angelo, just went around things badly

I really strongly dislike Belle and Aden. I used to like them, but when Aden called Belle a skank I hated them. First of all, I love Belle; so I didn't take kindly to him insulting her. I liked Aden but he kind of freaked me out then but I still liked his character, he was interesting. I lost all my respect for the couple however when they got back together after he insulted her like that. When the Aden and his dad thing happened I lost all my respect for Aden, I mean, who tries to kill their father, no matter what they may have done/not have done. The thing was Larry was going to die or go to prison anyway so it was like Aden was trying to speed up the process. And I lost all my respect for Belle when she took him back. And you can't say I never liked Adelle, I started that whole name thing. :P

I *enjoy* some scenes, especially when they try to act mature, it's kind of amusing. Unfortunatly most scenes I enjoy in a negative way :P

I could go as far as to say I hate Adelle, but I believe the word hate in this context is immature, which is very Aden and Belle like actually :unsure:, so I'll stop here.

I do like Aden and Belle but mostly I think because some of the stuff people don't like, the breaking up the insults and the cheating are quite real, I know of many people who are or have been in relationships which have had some or all of these trates at times and non of them as far as I know have the problems Aden has.

Maybe I'm just old and a bit to cynical.

I really strongly dislike Belle and Aden. I used to like them, but when Aden called Belle a skank I hated them. First of all, I love Belle; so I didn't take kindly to him insulting her. I liked Aden but he kind of freaked me out then but I still liked his character, he was interesting. I lost all my respect for the couple however when they got back together after he insulted her like that.

But it's not like he called her a skank and ever actually meant it, he freaked out because he couldn't go through with sleeping with her because of the abuse and tried to mask it as it being a problem with her rather than him. Whilst that doesn't justify him calling her that it explains it and I think by her forgiving him my respect for her actually increased because she could have held a grudge and refused to listen but that wouldn't have got either of them very far. She showed him that people can love you without wanting something from you in return and for me that played a big part in his progress to where he is today.

I agree the counselling etc was very rushed but whilst it was extreme people kill their relatives every single day, you only have to watch the news to see that, and I think Aden's breakdown was amazingly well written and acted and helped us understand a lot more about not just him but also the substance of Aden and Belle's whole relationship. Rachel pretty much summed it up for me in the court room when she said "It was the support of someone who loved and cared about him that ultimately stopped him doing anything stupid to his father that day". Aden's storyline by itself would have been enough for me but when you combine it with his relationship with Belle it's only then I think it becomes something completely amazing and actually quite profound.

Valli you are making some very vaild points here!

And I hate to be negative as well about the relationship because I do like Aden and Belle as a couple.

But what they did to Angelo was wrong, and in a way I am happy that Aden ended it when he did, but they shouldn't have done it in the first place. Even the reunion was reunied because Belle was still with Angelo at the time, which is wrong, and I know what it is like to be cheated on and can understand where Angelo is coming from and how he is feeling very well.

I mean Belle didn't like it when Drew cheated on her, with her mother no less so why is what she was doing, making it any different.

I can remember a conversation she had with Irene when she was with Lucas and Drew kissed her. "That just makes me as bad as my mother, lying and cheating'

Well She is doing exactly that, she was lying and cheating. ANd Angelo has been nothing but good to her!

And while as much as I like Aden and Belle as a couple and yes I could see the chemistry between then two, I dont condone at all the way they got back together!

It actually made me think less of them as a couple!

Is that wrong?

I like to think I kept an open mind about this couple.When I first heard about them getting together I thought "That sounds like a terrible idea but maybe they'll do a good job of it."And then it happened and it was a terrible idea.I just didn't understand why it was happening.They had nothing but contempt for each other and then suddenly he was breaking into her bedroom and kissing her and she was taking sneaky photos of him naked...Frankly the whole thing was a bit distasteful and how anyone can see them as one of the Bay's top couples is just beyond me.

Maybe I'm missing it or maybe there's a load of stuff I haven't seen yet but the arguing isn't just a big part of their relationship, it IS their relationship.I'm not sure if anyone's ever commented on it but the first time they broke up, when she kept his father's drinking from him.Firstly, she shouldn't have done it.Secondly, she did nevertheless promise Larry she'd keep it a secret.But then Aden turned up, accused her of knowing about his grandfather, clammed up when he realised she didn't and stormed out.And Belle then broke her word to Larry, even though Aden was refusing to be honest with her for reasons she didn't know, simply because he was being horrible to her and she wanted him to stop.It just made her seem weak.

Then the whole "skank" thing.Belle did the mature thing and talked it over with Aden.Instead of being honest and saying he didn't want to sleep with her, he tried to force the issue then turned on her when it didn't work out.Then after spending a week ignoring her he muscled in on her date with Angelo demanding she speak to him and, as soon as he told her about his abuse, she took him straight back. And then in the very next episode he did it all again.And then she gave him that big speech about their being more to their relationship and less than a week later they were sleeping together, thus proving that there isn't really much to their relationship at all and making a mockery of Aden's earlier behaviour.

And then?Oh yes.He tried to murder his father in what was nothing more or less than an act of revenge.And not against someone who'd actually done him wrong but against someone who'd stood by and done nothing.And in doing so he locked up two women, Belle included, who'd shown him nothing but kindness because all he cared about was making sure a man died.Seriously, who'd go out with a person that did that?There then followed a seemingly endless cycle of Aden sitting around wondering why Belle didn't go and see him, Roman passing messages on to Belle and her saying she can't face him and can't help him then going to see him anyway.She's not his girlfriend, she's his social worker.

And now apparently they're back together.Oh whoop-de-doo.I'm sorry, all their fans, but I just can't believe they're in love.I believe they think they are but they just come across as two people that by going through some intense experiences together have become dependent on each other and trapped in a very unhealthy relationship.And the fact that we're probably going to be stuck with them for the foreseeable future frankly fills me with dread.

... have become dependent on each other and trapped in a very unhealthy relationship.And the fact that we're probably going to be stuck with them for the foreseeable future frankly fills me with dread.

You've probably got it right: they're in a destructive codependency situation.

"How Do People Develop Codependency?

Most often codependency begins in dysfunctional families. Dysfunctional families may have a member(s) with addiction problems, but there could also be chronic mental or physical illness or physical, emotional or sexual abuse.

http://www.emotionalwellbeingblog.com/2007...comes-self.html

http://www.usenet.co.za/nodrugs/art_codependancy.htm

I wonder if that's what the writers intended?