Belle/Aden

Cal

"How Do People Develop Codependency?

Most often codependency begins in dysfunctional families. Dysfunctional families may have a member(s) with addiction problems, but there could also be chronic mental or physical illness or physical, emotional or sexual abuse.

http://www.emotionalwellbeingblog.com/2007...comes-self.html

http://www.usenet.co.za/nodrugs/art_codependancy.htm

I wonder if that's what the writers intended?

You have just bought up a very interesting question there Alexei

Are the writers going to make both Aden/Belle co-dependant on each other?

If this is the case then I am very quickly going to stop watching home and away because its nothing like it used to be.

Aden and Belle are both amazing characters and both have such strong veiws about things in life. But Aden and Belle are too similar that its actually scary, like they have been bought up by the same people or something close to!

Now there's a twist :lol:

Does anyone know if home and away has done a relationship like this where they are both so co-dependant on each other? My mind has gone blank so I cant exactly think if they have or not.

If they have then this is taking it to the extreme's

Maybe I'm missing it or maybe there's a load of stuff I haven't seen yet but the arguing isn't just a big part of their relationship, it IS their relationship.I'm not sure if anyone's ever commented on it but the first time they broke up, when she kept his father's drinking from him.Firstly, she shouldn't have done it.Secondly, she did nevertheless promise Larry she'd keep it a secret.But then Aden turned up, accused her of knowing about his grandfather, clammed up when he realised she didn't and stormed out.And Belle then broke her word to Larry, even though Aden was refusing to be honest with her for reasons she didn't know, simply because he was being horrible to her and she wanted him to stop.It just made her seem weak.

Red Ranger 1 you made made a very strong point there about that, and it is so true. Aden and Belle were fighting every two seconds and then making up, it just reminded me of Belle/Drew! and that is not healthy in a relationship, fighting all the time. Yes they might lvoe each other and yes I do still like them as a couple but since the reunion I have not been happy about the way they went about being together in that way, using, lying, cheating just so they could be together, can any relationship stand on those grounds?

Yes they have both grown up alot since Aden never really had any friends apart from Axel and all Belle's friends, aka Ric, Mattie, Lucas, Cassie left the Bay and Belle's storyline with the toxic waste is great, but she could have done a much better job at finding other ways about helping the community instead of using Angelo like that.

And anyway, how is she helping the community when she is running back and forward between Aden and Angelo?

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the whole "skank" thing.Belle did the mature thing and talked it over with Aden.Instead of being honest and saying he didn't want to sleep with her, he tried to force the issue then turned on her when it didn't work out.Then after spending a week ignoring her he muscled in on her date with Angelo demanding she speak to him and, as soon as he told her about his abuse, she took him straight back. And then in the very next episode he did it all again.And then she gave him that big speech about their being more to their relationship and less than a week later they were sleeping together, thus proving that there isn't really much to their relationship at all and making a mockery of Aden's earlier behaviour.

And now apparently they're back together.Oh whoop-de-doo.I'm sorry, all their fans, but I just can't believe they're in love.I believe they think they are but they just come across as two people that by going through some intense experiences together have become dependent on each other and trapped in a very unhealthy relationship.And the fact that we're probably going to be stuck with them for the foreseeable future frankly fills me with dread.

But when Belle told Aden there was more to their relationship than sex she clearly meant it. After the fashion show she asked him if he wanted to stop and would have been perfectly fine with it he had of done. It was Aden who initiated thing that day and moved their relationship onto the next level, Belle was happy to wait. Yes in terms of episodes it was rushed but I think that was more to do with the writers wanting to progress the story in time for the olympic cliffhanger rather than them wanting to impact negatively on the Adelle relationship. Aden did tell Belle that he did the counselling for her but I think he meant so he could let himself be in a loving relationship, which he'd never had before, without pushing away all the time rather than so they could sleep together.

I don't think what they have is co-dependency, it's a relationship and aren't all relationships built on the experiences couples have and how they get through them together? Aden and Belle may have been through more than most in the short time they've been together but that doesn't make their relationship unhealthy, in fact it will probably in the long run make it a lot lot stronger.

There is very little I respect in Aden and Belle’s relationship.

In the beginning, they despised each other and treated each other in a very disrespectful manner. It may well have been part of Belle’s schoolgirl fantasies to have a known thug come through her bedroom window and engage in supposedly meaningful pillow talk but its not something I can respect.

Then followed some fairly heavy scenes and I accept they formed a connection. From what I could see, that connection had overtones of trauma bonding rather than any deep spiritual bonding. Certainly, not something I’d wish for.

And now, the foundations of their renewed relationship have their roots in lying and deception. Again, nothing I can respect.

Having said that, even though I don’t like either character, I’m glad they are together as it keeps them out of the heads and hearts of the other residents in the Bay.

The Belle-Aden romance hooked me from the start and I think the writers did the slow build-up really well. Sure, they started off as being completely antagonistic towards each other, but I think Belle slowly warmed to his cocky, cheeky side through working together, and the sly flirtations in the diner were great, completely believable, and fun to watch.

I think the first time we were given the indication that their relationship could turn into something more serious, was when Larry was in hospital the first time. I think it was here, where Belle realised that there could be more to the Aden, than just the cocky bad-boy. When she heard him confess to Roman about his fathers drinking, and how he had been the only one around to deal with that in the past, it was then she realised how alone Aden was in his life (minus Roman, of course) & I think she was able to recognise how that felt and sympathise with him, based on her own history.

When Belle stayed with him at the hospital that time, I think it also made Aden start to realise that maybe Belle was someone he could begin to trust & that there was more to her than just a sparring partner for him to joke with.

This truely marked the start of their relationship for me, and I think it was one based on mutual understanding, recognising that they were similar in a lot of ways, and actually had a lot in common.

When I first heard about Aden and Belle's relationship. I didnt judge at all as I know people who you can hate can eventually become people you really care about, it does happen. I think all the hatred towards this couple is the inevitable way they have become like Jack and Martha. Their breakup to me reinforced the attraction they still had as they couldnt keep away from each other and that to me is a sign of a long lasting relationship. Others may disagree and say passion only keeps the relationship afloat at times but I do believe it is a good thing to have passion and friendship and these two clearly have it.

As for Angelo I do hate the way Belle reunited with Aden and still going out with Angelo. It is a horrible thing to do but maybe she wasnt thinking clearly. Being stuck between two men can do that to you

:P.

When I first heard about Aden and Belle's relationship. I didnt judge at all as I know people who you can hate can eventually become people you really care about, it does happen. I think all the hatred towards this couple is the inevitable way they have become like Jack and Martha. Their breakup to me reinforced the attraction they still had as they couldnt keep away from each other and that to me is a sign of a long lasting relationship. Others may disagree and say passion only keeps the relationship afloat at times but I do believe it is a good thing to have passion and friendship and these two clearly have it.

As for Angelo I do hate the way Belle reunited with Aden and still going out with Angelo. It is a horrible thing to do but maybe she wasnt thinking clearly. Being stuck between two men can do that to you

:P.

Could not agree more Zetti! Aden and Belle have both passion and friendship. Belle was there unconditionally for Aden while he was going through his abuse breakdown and it looks like Aden will be there unconditionally for her

when things get harder in the next few weeks.

Yes, cheating is wrong but we all make mistakes (even if in this case Belle is a repeat offender) and Belle I think this time has learnt her lesson. She is sorry and is paying for it by feeling the guilt and the shame of having been exposed to the whole town. To me that is enough so let's just move on and turn the page.

After watching tonights episode i am leaving my opinion opwn for the time being to see how this turns out. I was never really against them in the first palce, I was actually for them, but then... well all the fighting and all the 'hype' as people can call it calmed me down after their break-up.

I wasn't phaised if they got back together or not. I still disagree with the way they reunited but after tonight I'm going to give them both the benefit of the doubt to see how it turns out. If they start fighting every two minutes like last time then thats it, I'll be over it completely.

But for now... I'm stuck in the middle!

I think people just need to reasses their relationship for example Jack and Martha are so much closer now and work well because they made the effort to make the relationship work so if Belle and Aden can do the same then it will be good.

I liked Adelle when they first got together, but then a few days later I started strongly disliking them.

Everything was so rushed with them, like Aden and Belle used to hate each other, and then all of a sudden, they started liking each other.

Secondly, the storyline with Aden having sex, that was also totally rushed into, I found it totally unrealistic, one minute Aden's saying shes a slut and slept with everyone in the town, and then a week(?) later, they have sex. Um okay?

And then with the whole Angelo/Belle/Aden triangle.

Yes I give credit for Aden breaking up with her, but then the next night, they have slept together again, WHEN Belle is still with Angelo. The only reason Belle was with Angelo, was because of the development site, and she needed help with it.

Belle did excatly what she did to Lucas, to Angelo. She wanted to hide her feelings towards the guy she really loved, (Meaning Drew and Aden) and played Lucas and Angelo along ..

I like the characters separately, but not together.