Belle/Aden

Cal

I am a HUGE fan of Aden and Belle as a couple and i didn't actually realise how much until they broke up. That being said i DEFINITELY agree with some of the negative points being made against them.

However, in my opinion, them going from disliking each other to liking each other wasn't rushed. Before they got together the only time i can recall that Aden was actually horrible to Belle was when he shouted at her about the newspaper article which was a long time before they got together. And during the interview for that; Aden was nothing but nice, admittedly it was quite sarcastic but i never really got the impression that he disliked her. And when Aden started working at the diner i think that he saw another side to Belle and he was able to trust people more now (like Roman) so maybe felt there was more hope of him actually being attracted to a girl and doing somethng about it... but it took a while for her to see the other side of him, as he was constantly flirting, (but in the same kind of way that he used to, his trademark line 'i know you want me' being used a fair few times.) and she just kept knocking him back as she was still used to how he used to behave.

That being said, they definitely rushed into sleeping together, i thought that was very unrealistic but i understand why the writers did it, otherwise i don't think the kidnapping would have had as much impact on either character.

Personally, i think that they've only ever broken up twice really, when he called her a skank and the breakdown, the other times people refer to, i think was them just learning one another's boundaries and were arguments or fights rather than actual break ups. Whereas some people say this dislike this, it actually made me like them more because it showed there was going to be more to their relationship than just flinging two characters together.

As for the 'hype' that people say made them dislike them as a couple, you only notice the hype if you do more than just watch the show and that's an individual's decision but means that an opinion formed is fairly biased and may be different if that person only watched the show. (This bit might seem like i'm arguing but i'm trying not to, it's just my opinion, lol)

The cheating storyline i definitely did not agree with and I didn't like Belle doing that, especially considering what her experiences of cheating have been before; but that being said if it was all nice and dandy no one would watch it. And it's meant to resemble real life and the fact of real life is that people do cheat and i think it's a plot device that hasn't made me dislike Belle, only dislike her actions.

I'm looking to seeing Aden and Belle scenes now; that show them being a real couple, out in the open, even if there is still some angst to come.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once a fan of Belle & Aden as a couple but now I prefer them apart. And even though I am not at Australian pace I dislike the way that their actions are defended and Angelo is painted as evil when his actions are totally justified. Considering he just got cheated on <_<

Classic Dani syndrome. The writers paint the innocent characters as evil and the viewers fall for it.

^^ Good point.

And oh so true.

Adelle has been annoying me a lot lately. They've been pretending like nothing has happened and like they're oh so mature and in love. The way they have been acting is not my definition of that, but each to their own.

Aden and Belle have actually been ruining Home and Away for me, the show because they seem to dominate a lot of scenes and I find myself skipping them, and I wish that didn't happen. And it also ruins discussions, I can't feel comfortable discussing things, Anti-Adelle and other topics, due to all this love. I don't like it but I can't help how I feel.

I'm a massive fan of Belle and have been since she arrived. She has flaws and weaknesses which I feel make the character believable. What we've seen recently in Australian pace episodes is the return of her fiesty side with the development site and her determination to help people which I don't believe Aden does anything to stifle. Her relationship with Aden, in my opinion, has always been believable and far better than her other pairings with Ric, Lucas, Drew and Angelo. I do feel sympathy for Angelo, I like his character just not necessarily in a relationship with Belle, I find the Aden and Belle relationship so romantic (at the risk of sounding very girly). I think todays episode especially highlighted the bond between them which to a lot of viewers is amazing to watch.

When the actors and the characters have such genuine and exciting chemistry it really is nice to watch, there is always going to be plenty of angst in a soap but the romance is an essential part. Couples like Aden and Belle, Jack and Martha, Tony and Rachel etc will always have massive fan bases because as a fan you become invested in the relationship.

Saying all of that, I also get why people don't like Aden and Belle as a couple whereas the frustration for a fan is fun and exciting, the frustration for someone who doesn't like the pairing and the 'on-off' relationship must get annoying.

^^ Good point.

And oh so true.

Adelle has been annoying me a lot lately. They've been pretending like nothing has happened and like they're oh so mature and in love. The way they have been acting is not my definition of that, but each to their own.

Aden and Belle have actually been ruining Home and Away for me, the show because they seem to dominate a lot of scenes and I find myself skipping them, and I wish that didn't happen. And it also ruins discussions, I can't feel comfortable discussing things, Anti-Adelle and other topics, due to all this love. I don't like it but I can't help how I feel.

I wouldn't exactly say they are pretending nothing happened. Belle is clearly - and rightly - feeling the guilt and knows that what she did was wrong. She was crying her eyes out and was clearly upset. As for Aden, from day one after the reunion he wanted them to come clean. They both know they could have handled things better but what's done is done. Cheating is morally wrong but not criminal.

As for being in love, why would they be pretending? To me their love is very believable. Why would they have gone through everything they've been through - including the not so admirable cheating phase - if they did not truly care for each other? As for maturity, they are as mature as any 19-year old can be (and by that I don't mean to sound like all young people are immature by default, I simply mean that at that age there is still plenty of room to grow up - maybe we are forgetting that they are still teenagers after all so life is still a learning curve and hopefully there's room for improvement).

I don't find they dominate the show (maybe because I love watching them). They have just as much airtime (not sure this is the right term, sorry English is not my mother tongue!) as any other major character.

I skip lots of the other scenes just to watch them - well I guess viewers like you and me Cerise make sure all characters get a fair share of viewers :wink:

^^ Sorry, I didn't mean they were pretending to be in love, I meant to say that their love isn't very believable, they don't have that vibe that we call chemistry, or atleast I don't see it. Yet chemistry is very subjective, you'll feel it between soap couples depending on whether you like them or not. In my opinion, yes Todd and Jess work well together but I don't feel the chemistry any more, no spark.

^^ Sorry, I didn't mean they were pretending to be in love, I meant to say that their love isn't very believable, they don't have that vibe that we call chemistry, or atleast I don't see it. Yet chemistry is very subjective, you'll feel it between soap couples depending on whether you like them or not. In my opinion, yes Todd and Jess work well together but I don't feel the chemistry any more, no spark.

Interesting pov, but to me there chemistry goes beyond anything that I've ever seen on H&A! I think its too early to "judge" whether they still have chemistry or not because they have only just started back up again, but I think the writers are at this point focusing on the strength of their relationship and how they support each other through the difficult times in the coming weeks rather than all the lovey dovey stuff...i think down the line once their characters have been put through their emotional turmoil we will see how great they will be together :wink: again :)

Interesting pov, but to me there chemistry goes beyond anything that I've ever seen on H&A! I think its too early to "judge" whether they still have chemistry or not because they have only just started back up again, but I think the writers are at this point focusing on the strength of their relationship and how they support each other through the difficult times in the coming weeks rather than all the lovey dovey stuff...i think down the line once their characters have been put through their emotional turmoil we will see how great they will be together :wink: again :)

I totaly agree with you bailey4

The writers are defiantly focusing on the strength of their relationship and its a joy to watch. I loved how today Aden was so caring, they both admitted they handled the situation wrong.

I also Loved the dinner scene at Romans. I have been waiting ages for there to be a dinner scene at Romans and it just made it all the better that Adelle were there. They were acting like a couple and doing couply things, it was a joy to watch...Untill Charlie came in :angry:

Is that it for adelle for this week or are they appearing again this week?

Isn't it interesting how people can have such very different views of the same couple on screen?

To me, & I guess to every other Belle & Aden fan they seem to have oodles of chemistry & yet others see zilch chemistry. I agree with Bailey4 on this one, to me they have far more chemistry than I have seen on the show before.

I wonder if it is a personality thing, with our differing views. Me, I am an absolute hopeless romantic & like to try to see the good in people on screen. Don't get me wrong I know there are flaws in both Belle & Aden but I tend to zoom in on the positives more. They seem to genuininely care for each other & be upset if the other one is upset etc.

This is going sound incrediby girly, lol, but I also love the way Aden kisses Belle, touching her face, I find that so romantic! However I can see that some people, who are not as girly as me, would be put off with things like that. I mean my husband hates stuff .like that on screen, :rolleyes::D He won't watch romantic films as says there boring, more into James Bond, but I digress.

I really do not agree with what they did with Angelo. However I feel Belle should bear the brunt of the blame here. Aden wanted her to tell Angelo straight after they reuinited, but she said no & kept coming up with excuses to carry on cheating. Whilst I don't condone the cheating, I also feel the way Angelo exposed them was totally out of order too. I really feel there was absolutely need for that. Yes be mad at Belle, but keep it private!

There really does seem to be a big split here between those who think they have chemistry and those who think they don't.For those of us who don't, it feels like a really bad move on their part, being sucked back into a relationship that wasn't worth much in the first place.

I think if they were going to pair Aden up with someone it should have been someone new, not someone like Belle who knew what he'd been like.Maybe he'd never been directly nasty to her but she'd been around and seen the way he treated people, especially Geoff and Annie who were living with her.The scene at the hospital was a turning point but it didn't seem enough for her to do a total backflip.It was like when Cassie was warning people off Jules and then suddenly started dating him herself:It just didn't make character sense.That very night, Aden blundered into her room drunk (having just tried it on with Nicole), asking to stay there.For some reason she agreed and then he kept forcing his way into bed with her despite her telling him not to.The second time they shared a bed was even weirder:he turns up after they've just argued and asks to stay the night.And then...I don't know if it's a perception thing or a chemistry thing but the way he cuddled up to her while she lay there looking bemused looked to me more like a child getting into bed with his parent than boyfriend/girlfriend which makes their relationship seem very strange.

And they totally rushed into them sleeping together after making such a big fuss about not being ready.I believe Belle meant it when she said they didn't need to rush things but I'm not sure Aden did, since in the very next episode they appeared he slept with her.I think it was partly to show her he cared about her and I think he did enjoy it but there was an element of him doing it because he thought she'd leave him otherwise.Stepping out of the show, I think the intention was to show Aden and Belle all nice and happy before Larry turned up and things went wrong.But it's disappointing that the only way they could find to do that was for them to have sex.It just undermined the storyline and the relationship.