Belle/Aden

Cal

One thing I really don't understand and hope the writers will clarify about the love triange is why Angelo is still with Belle? Maybe its just me but that aspect of the storyline makes no sense. I mean he has known from the begining that Belle wasn't over Aden she said so herself and sure enough for the last month or so she's back tracked and said she was over him but Angelo's not stupid he knows she's lying and we've seen him suspicious about her ever since Aden came back and now its got the point where he's practically stalking her. So why is he still with her? Surely a good looking, fun loving cop like him wouldn't be short of offers and Belle has hardly proved herself to be his dream girl. She's always been less than enthusiastic to see him, never shown him any real affection, doesn't seem particularly interested in him and has never expresed anykind of feeelings towards him. I really hope they explain this.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Angelo stayed with Belle because he developed real feelings for her and even though probably deep down he knew that she wasn't over Aden, he didn't want to admit it to himself or he thought that maybe she could get over Aden soon enough. And I believe a lot of people have been in Angelo's position and find it hard to leave that person even though they should.

^ Its a very good point and one that I dont understand myself.

The only reason I can think of is because he is lonley. He may give the impression that he is always happy but when you come to a new town you need company? Maybe he is one of those people who always have to be with someone, have a pretty girl on you arm. Or there could be no explanation and the writers didn't really think this through. :D

are we still allowed adelle's summarys in the thread? I really like those summarys :)

Aden and Belle at first didnt seem to be very good together but I think the quirkiness they had before they got together was what appealed to me the most. I do think that if they hadnt had that quirkines then they may have ended up like other couples. I like these two. They arent my favourite or anything, that is only JM but I do like them a lot. They remind me of Hayley and Noah.

I love Aden and Belle together. I loved them at the very beginning and like them now. Despite all the ups and downs they truly love each other and the chemistry between them never fades. Aden has turned around mainly due to Belle and he is now there to support her. I don't paticularly think they argue a lot. The many recent arguments were only due to the fact that they were not together but both wanted to be.

I do not like the fact that getting them back together had to involve Belle cheating on Angelo and I wish the writers had done it differently. I just hope that their relationship can soon be drama-free for at least a while.

I feel like I'm dragging all my negative vibes in here now :P I don't like Adelle. I used to be neutral towards them, didn't really care. But then it seemed like I was forced to believe in a chemistry I couldn't see no matter how long and hard I looked. And then it had the opposite effect. I started to hate them. Rolling my eyes at their love scenes, that were supposed to make me go "Awww!". It's like when there's something you don't really like and then it's in your face all the time and it's forced on you, then you start to hate it. Wanting it to go away. That's what happened to me.

It started with the first break-up. I mean, what gives Aden the right to call Belle a skank and interrupt her date when it was Aden who dumped Belle, not the other way around? And don't try to defend Aden by saying that I need to look at the bigger picture. Did he call Nicole a skank when she threw herself at him? No. He said "I can't do this!" and walked away. And he didn't love Nicole. So why should I believe that he loves Belle when he clearly has no problems hurting/offending her when it suits him?

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it. I don't think they're meant to be and I don't think, to quote Aden, "that it's right".

I wish the writers would have made another storyline getting Adelle back together. It did not make sense that Belle would be the one who insisted to keep seeing Aden and still be with Angelo. She was so hurt when she was cheated on by Drew. The reunion should be something that could happen in the open.

I do agree with valli on some things, some of the fights were a bit stupid, and Aden calling Belle a skank was a bit over the top. But I guess that 's what they have to do to keep people watching the show. After all there happens more in summer Bay in one week than in an ordinary place in a whole lifetime.

Hoping there will be much good times for Adelle ahead and good storylines.

The thing is these things, calling people names, do happen when you have been sexually abused, a lot of sufferers don't want people to get too close, especially in the bedroom, so will find ways to push people away. I'm not sure Nicole was ever close enough to be totally rejected but Belle was hence why he called her a skank and not Nicole. Aden was, and still probably is slightly, scared of any form of sexual activity due to his past and the assosiactions that goes with it.

When Aden and Nicole messed around the final goal of sex was never determined but with Belle it had been pre deterimined that it was going that way and he would no longer be in control so to get the control of the situation back in his corner he came out swinging, pushing her as far away as possible.

I love Aden and Belle a lot, although I wasn't keen at first in them doing a sexual abuse storyline as they have done it so poorly in the past, i.e Cassie's blink and you miss it storyline. For me her going slow after finding out was a big aah for me but I think the best scene for them was a couple of weeks ago with the reconciliation where the sexual tension was buzzing especially as they seemed to be rather frantic in their affections and were breathing very heavy!!!

I get why a lot of people like these two as a couple but I don't. When I see them I don't see two people in love with each other I see two people who are meant to be in love with each other. Like when Aden said something like 'you are the best thing to happen to me Belle', or something along those lines, it was like he was meant to say that because that was the romantic thing to do and they are this super romantic couple who are supposed to be completely loved up and say those kinds of things to each other.

I think it's brilliant acting from both Jess and Todd, but I just don't buy them as a couple. It's almost too perfect to be real and not scripted. Maybe it's just that I'm not usually a huge fan of 'Golden Couples', maybe if they were toned down a little or not hyped up as much it might change the way I see them. I just hope they don't turn into the next J/M.