Belle/Aden

Cal

Belle and Aden are the best couple I've seen on Home and Away in 20 years!!

Todd lasance and Jessica Tovey are outstanding actors. They are seriously the best actors on TV, they deserve an award!!!

i completley agree thet are amazing

they are also the best soap couple that have been in H&A in a long time

im a uk home and away fan and we are only just getting to adens trial episodes and they are amazing. i have seen some spoilers for the next few weeks though and it looks really good.

cant wait for aden and belle to get back together.

:rolleyes::):wub::wub:

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think belle and aden should be friends. To me, the transition from enemies to lovers has been too unrealistic and untrue. You could see with drelle, there was some interaction before they became lovers. I think belle has been great for aden - as his first proper girlfriend, i think they work brilliantly. But as it's been said before, belle is a part of aden's journey to recovery, not his future. I think belle should eventually leave, to reunite with drew.

Okay, please do NOT shoot me for these comments. I know there's a lot of ehm, we'll call them fans of this couple and you will be offended by this because yes, I do say that I don't like Adelle :o Okay jokes aside, but if you wish to respond please don't tell me I'm wrong or anything. It's just my very valid opinions.

Aden and Belle are a joke. Lets face it. Their relationship goes like this:

1. Ooh, I take photos of you, but I still hate you,

2. Ooh, you know you want me.

3. Ooh, Yes I do!

4. Ooh no, you called me a skank! boo hoo.

5. But that's okay! I'll forgive you!

6. Aww no, you were abused! I'm so sorry!

7. Awh yeah! I've had A COUNCELLING SESSION! Let's have sex!

8. Awh we're so happy.

9. Ooh, you tried to kill your dad and kept a doctor and me hostage.

10. But that's okay! Let's have sex again.

I kind of stopped watching Home and Away then, the whole charade was getting annoying. I just cant stand watching them anymore, and the hype that surrounds them is rediculous. So, some people think Todd is hot. Fine. Jess of course is gorgeous. So yes, OMG, they are SO hot together! They don't have much chemistry at all. And what gives ADen the right to call Belle a skank, and does Belle have no respect for herself?... She took him back! He called her a skank, it was horrible and uncalled for. I love Belle; so I didn't take kindly to him demeening her like that. I lost all respect for Belle, Aden and Adelle after this incident though.

I sound like a vow, but I feel taht strongly about this subject, it's getting rediculous! This 'golden couple' is ruining my favourite show. I have no idea whats happening anymore! But let me guess, Adelle fight, make up, have a soppy heart to heart, have sex and be all cuddly and then the whole thing starts over again. It's like a cycle. It never stops.

And even when I was an Adelle fan (eurgh) I still had negative views and I never considered them the best couple in 20 years. You cant call that teenage fling love. Especially in comparison to romances such as Shane and Angel who really were the definition of love. Yet I hope the same thing happens to Aden... :)

Right, guns at the ready, aim, fire, :P , only joking as if anyone would shoot you Cerise!

You really do not like Adelle at all do you! Well I am not going to say you are wrong, as obviously everyone has a right to like/dislike whoever they want.

I, personally do like both Aden & Belle apart & together. Yes some of the arguing, has been a bit extreme, ie skank, but everyone does argue. All couples argue, fact of life. even those very much in love. I know I argue with my husband frequently, doesn't mean I don't love him or vice versa. What is that old saying you always hurt the ones you love the most. I believe there is a lot of truth in that.

The counselling sessions & then sex was rushed. However, it would not make for good viewing if we just saw Aden having counselling for months on end before they slept together.

Belle took Aden back after the hostage/trying to kill his Dad, because she realised he had changed.  Also because she loves him, she could forgive him what he did & she realised it was because he was ill, not evil!
I know you don't but I, personally do see a lot of chemistry between Aden & Belle.
I am hoping that now they are back together, after being apart for a while, that we will see a more mature relationship developing between them.

As for the "teenage fling" comment, teenagers can & do fall in love & last. I know because my parents got together at 14/15 & are still together 56 years later! I don't know if Aden & Belle will last, but I for one am hoping that they do.

Okay, please do NOT shoot me for these comments. I know there's a lot of ehm, we'll call them fans of this couple and you will be offended by this because yes, I do say that I don't like Adelle :o Okay jokes aside, but if you wish to respond please don't tell me I'm wrong or anything. It's just my very valid opinions.

3. Ooh, Yes I do!

8. Awh we're so happy.

:D

You won't get argument from me. Great summary. :)

See, that's where I would disagree [in a friendly manner of course] with you entirely - because i think you're missing the whole depth behind it all. Any journey, like Aden's story is going to be emotional, hot tempered, and on occasions, offensive / rude. Sure, to the outward eye, if you didn't pay any attention to the 'serious' themed storyline running around it, then yes - they're like a couple of irritable kids with all the fighting.

But - to look at it, from Aden's point of view. Going from the outcast of society because he couldn't be himself; didn't know who 'himself' was around other people - cast into a dark mindset because of the actions of his grandfather - and thus rebelling agaisnt every rule that he could - because after all, if his Grandad, who was a medalled war hero could break the rules, then why shouldn't he - going from that - to someone in a reasonably stable relationship, with a steady job, steady income, safe place to live - and actually studying in school to get somewhere in life ... To me, when I take a step back and look at that side of the storyline, I'm thinking, "Wow, the writers curved that nicely - because to anyone who has been abused in real life, even though this is a soap, they portrayed it as the rocky journey that it IS to go from trusting nobody - to placing your trust in someone ; and, because it seems so lifelike for that reason, I believe it's quite inspirational."

It's so easy for anyone brought up in a stable home to trust - to laugh and be happy - and not have to worry about what's coming next, or what's going to come into your room in the dark. Aye, I'm an Adelle fan - but even if I wasn't, I like to think I'd be able to look at them objectively, and see how the writer's handled such a sensitive subject with remarkable aplomb.

Personally my favourite 'section' of their relationship is the fact that they've proven they can go through anything together - and still come out the other side. Going from despising each other, to like, to falling in love - to Aden's bouts of insanity, and Belle knowing she can't trust him ; but then Aden's path to self-renewal, and learning to be accepted in society again. To their gradually getting back together ; and most of all, proving to Aden that he's not 'tainted' just beacuse of his past - and that he can actually do something with his life.

Inspirational, to all - even if it is just a soap - is the word I'm looking for, I believe :)

3. Ooh, Yes I do!

8. Awh we're so happy.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't forget -

11. I have a boyfriend. That's ok let's have sex anyway.

12. My boyfriend found out we cheated and outed us in front of the whole town but it's okay because he did that, we can act like WE'RE the victims of the whole thing. :rolleyes:

I can't see their chemistry either and I don't see them lasting long term. How many times have they broken up already? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't last until the end of next year.

3. Ooh, Yes I do!

8. Awh we're so happy.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't forget -

11. I have a boyfriend. That's ok let's have sex anyway.

12. My boyfriend found out we cheated and outed us in front of the whole town but it's okay because he did that, we can act like WE'RE the victims of the whole thing. :rolleyes:

I can't see their chemistry either and I don't see them lasting long term. How many times have they broken up already? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't last until the end of next year.

I agree with 7, 11 and maybe 12.

But the rest just seem like any other hate to love TV relationship to me (i don't think it was rushed, took nearly six weeks from flirting to kiss!), just with different circumstances. Circumstances which i think shows the support that people do place in one another and support that is needed... I agree with Symphony that their relationship has been inspirational...

Personally I think they've broken up twice (the 'skank' incident, what else was Aden supposed to do? He was scared that she would find out and want nothing to do with him anymore, as he said, it was easier to push her away. ...and the kidnapping) and they've been 'involved' (whether actually together or not) for about five months, i've known couples break up more times than that in that amount of time and get back together for much more stupid reasons than 'he kidnapped me', i think it was very valid of Belle to break up with him at this time, but she gave her reasons for breaking up with him when she gave her testimony at the trial and when he gave his, she saw that those reasons no longer existed because he had taken responsibility and knew that what he did was wrong.

I think you're reasons are really valid and that's why i agree with some of them. I honestly don't know why or how i became so obsessed with Aden and Belle as a couple (it's not just because they're hot... single or together,) i do think they have an amazing chemistry. For me, i loved Drelle when they were together, but now i think Belle kind of grew out of him and Aden's her chance at a more meaningful, mature relationship as i think she knows how much she means to Aden and to be that in someone else's life must be an amazing feeling for her. For me they've kept the show alive when i've not even wanted to watch it anymore, i get that that's not the case for a lot of people, and i respect that but it's just my opinion. The fact that Todd and Jess are both such amazing actors helps a huge amount too!

3. Ooh, Yes I do!

8. Awh we're so happy.

I kind of stopped watching Home and Away then, the whole charade was getting annoying. I just cant stand watching them anymore, and the hype that surrounds them is rediculous. So, some people think Todd is hot. Fine. Jess of course is gorgeous. So yes, OMG, they are SO hot together! They don't have much chemistry at all. And what gives ADen the right to call Belle a skank, and does Belle have no respect for herself?... She took him back! He called her a skank, it was horrible and uncalled for. I love Belle; so I didn't take kindly to him demeening her like that. I lost all respect for Belle, Aden and Adelle after this incident though.

I sound like a vow, but I feel taht strongly about this subject, it's getting rediculous! This 'golden couple' is ruining my favourite show. I have no idea whats happening anymore! But let me guess, Adelle fight, make up, have a soppy heart to heart, have sex and be all cuddly and then the whole thing starts over again. It's like a cycle. It never stops.

And even when I was an Adelle fan (eurgh) I still had negative views and I never considered them the best couple in 20 years. You cant call that teenage fling love. Especially in comparison to romances such as Shane and Angel who really were the definition of love. Yet I hope the same thing happens to Aden... :)

I think what you're saying is a joke. That is an appalling observation of a relationship. You are obviously missing the whole DEVELOPMENT and TRUTH behind Aden and Belle's relationship and how it's superbly written on a physical and esp EMOTIONAL level. Well according to you, there is no 'truth' to their relationship. :rolleyes: I understand hypes can be severely off putting in anything in this world but it's just one of those things that is a part of being a golden couple. Anti fans of this couple often don't capture what their relationship is all about.