20th Anniversary Discussion

Guest James Martin

^If that happened the Fletcher theme HAS to return! That’s a good idea for a storyline in general it should happen regardless of the 20th Anniversary calibrations.

I feel we need to have something more cement on the part of Sally and this fostering thing. I'm not sure where she is at with it. Was it just Ric and Cassie as a one off? Does she want to foster? We don’t really know. I mean she doesn’t legally foster them anyway does she? It’s more like what Rebecca and Travis were doing while Pippa was away. For example, Pippa was always talking about how important kids were and open to fostering new kids all the time…it was part of her character – I don’t get this from Sally.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^If that happened the Fletcher theme HAS to return! That’s a good idea for a storyline in general it should happen regardless of the 20th Anniversary calibrations.

I feel we need to have something more cement on the part of Sally and this fostering thing. I'm not sure where she is at with it. Was it just Ric and Cassie as a one off? Does she want to foster? We don’t really know. I mean she doesn’t legally foster them anyway does she? It’s more like what Rebecca and Travis were doing while Pippa was away. For example, Pippa was always talking about how important kids were and open to fostering new kids all the time…it was part of her character – I don’t get this from Sally.

I'm pretty sure that Sally has fostered Ric and Cassie legally...Remember when the DOCS woman came, twice I think?

Maybe the 20th Anniversary should just focus around fostering then, perhaps Sally has a particularly difficult foster child come to stay and with her at the end of her tether, Pippa returns to help out and remind Sally why she became a foster carer in the first place. Perhaps it could be an episode set entirely in Summer Bay House (and perhaps the Caravan Park), maybe Pippa could even take Sally back to the Fletchers' old house in the city. I'd quite like it to just be a two-hander between Debra & Kate actually, and perhaps the difficult foster child with the episode finally ending with Sally making a breakthrough and the entire family taking a photo which is then put up on the mantelpiece.

Just like with Bobby, I love that idea, the writers need to pay attention here!.

• 4 weeks later...

My material will start with a very startling cliffhanger at the end of this year that will make regular viewers re-evaluate something that they have always taken for granted about one of the characters in the show. This cliffhanger will turn the life of that character on its head and will lead to one of the major stories of 2008.

Unless I'm mistaken, this cliffhanger will makes the jaws of those who have watched the show from the beginning well and truly drop. And the story will lead to the return of many old faces to the show at various stages through 2008.

Why do I get the feeling that Sally will be fertile after all those years? :rolleyes:

^ That's an interesting scenario Cal :P.

Very exciting news...it's great to hear that Bevan is back!! I wonder what the big cliffhanger is then ...I guess we will find out in a few months time :lol:. It has to be something to so with either Sally or Alf though, thats what i'm thinking anyway :P.

Huge thanks for posting that Dan :D.

^ Could happen. :P

Or we could have a Bobby scenario again... Sally goes to the fridge, and Flynn pops out of the fridge door, (Maybe the special effects are better this time :P)

So, it must be Sally or Alf this 'thing' happens too. I'm happily sticking with my "Fertile Sally" speculation.

Archived