20th Anniversary Discussion

Guest James Martin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved Peta and Edward and would love to have them back. But unless H&A does the brave thing for once and actually shows someone with a disability (shock horror), I doubt it.

But they could still bring peta back, maybe to scatter Edward's ashes. Like all the 2000 season characters, they were unique and interesting. Now all the teens are bland clones!

I think I'd much rather something like the 100th Anniversary of the Surf Club or 50th Anniversary of the Caravan Park to bring characters back (The Guv said she was there at the opening, so it must be something like that). The Caravan Park would probably have more people they could bring back i.e. Morag, Celia, Barbara, Roo, Floss, Pippa, some of the foster kids, Joel & Natalie (Gypsy), Travis, although we can forget about the Sutherlands. Perhaps a small fire or something could happen just before the event and everyone could come together to restore the park to it's former glory.

One thing I will add, next time Sally marries someone, make sure that the character is recast, or the actor is willing to sign a ten year contract so that Sally doesn't end up becoming Sally Keating Fletcher Saunders Armstrong Baker Campbell Nicodemou Ritchie Furze McGranger Raco Bozich

I so agree with this it isn't funny. And it is partly why (apart from him being a bit of a dodgy character personality wise) I don't want her to marry Brad so soon, if at all. Saves her having to go through marriages and divorces and deaths. They can just break up, without too much difficulty.

Oh, and to stay on topic, has anyone heard any buzz about the anniversary? If it is broadcast in January, then we should start hearing bits and bobs about it pretty soon...

They made Alf the focal point of episode 4000. ....so I think its unlikely they will make him the focal point of the 20yth anniversary,.....Kate is the current SEVEN golden girl so in some way she is more likely going to be the focus....they could bring Pippa back for some reason...and I think that would be great...reminding us all how it all started and what the show was all about.

Whatever they do...some will love it...some will hate it...just like they do everything else :P

I take your point Frankie :) however I still stick by the fact it shouldn't be based around a wedding, how about tieing back to the beginning and the opening of a foster house or something :wink: after HAA was inspired by a foster home being built in a small NSW town or something :), they could name it after Pippa :).

In the end its the writers discision, they made choose to completely ignore it :lol:

Maybe the 20th Anniversary should just focus around fostering then, perhaps Sally has a particularly difficult foster child come to stay and with her at the end of her tether, Pippa returns to help out and remind Sally why she became a foster carer in the first place. Perhaps it could be an episode set entirely in Summer Bay House (and perhaps the Caravan Park), maybe Pippa could even take Sally back to the Fletchers' old house in the city. I'd quite like it to just be a two-hander between Debra & Kate actually, and perhaps the difficult foster child with the episode finally ending with Sally making a breakthrough and the entire family taking a photo which is then put up on the mantelpiece.

Archived