Skins

Guest Level

I agree that season 2 hasn't been as good as season 1, still though I don't think I like the idea of the entire cast being replaced. Like if you take away all the characters, than what is left of Skins really? A great concept? A fantastic setting? No, just another TV drama. The way I see it Skins is just another drama, it doesn't really have a main storyline that creates a setting, like LOST and Criminal minds for example. It's just a drama, and I think it really is the characters that made us all like the show in the first place, cause let's face it; without the characters there's not really much left of Skins...

Never a truer word spoken. I fell in love with Cassie, and Jal and Maxxie and everyone, I don't know if I'll be able to grasp the concept of new characters, because these characters haven't run their course yet, there is still things we are yet to grasp about them, and we may never find out about them.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'm quite happy they're starting all over again. Because I don't like this season at all! Last year I was constantly oh'ing at everything that happened, and now.. nothing. And with everyone leaving high school, I don't know, I don't think it would work.

I just read something about the season finale. BIG SPOILER!

Chris is going to die!

Obviously that will make me :o

Just finished watching season 1, and it definitely got better after a few episodes. It kinda reminds me of "Life as we know it", both storyline-wise and because Tony reminds me of Dino (he seriously looks like Sean Faris!). Also I really like Cassie, Chris and Effy, and I like the Anwar/Maxxie friendship.

I loved Life as we know it!! I wish they didnt cancel that show. :(

I can't believe they are axing the cast! :o Very stupid move in my opinion. Loss of viewers? I think so. :blink:

I cant believe i haven't seen this thread before. Im in love with Skins, one of the best UK shows i've seen! I must be one of the few people who actually like series 2, but of course series 1 was much better. It was a waste bringing Sketch into the show, they could've used her episode to show us more of the main cast.

Chris and Jal is my favorite couple, i really liked him with Angie but he has way more chemistry with Jal.

Cassie was one of my favorites but i hate her i series 2. She just comes of as one big crazy-bitch. I really dont like Tony anymore, and he was the reason i started watching the show. He was so much cooler before he got hit by the bus..

Chris is going to die!

I read that Sid and Cassie dies in a fire!

:o

I cant believe i haven't seen this thread before. Im in love with Skins, one of the best UK shows i've seen! I must be one of the few people who actually like series 2, but of course series 1 was much better. It was a waste bringing Sketch into the show, they could've used her episode to show us more of the main cast.

Chris and Jal is my favorite couple, i really liked him with Angie but he has way more chemistry with Jal.

Cassie was one of my favorites but i hate her i series 2. She just comes of as one big crazy-bitch. I really dont like Tony anymore, and he was the reason i started watching the show. He was so much cooler before he got hit by the bus..

Chris is going to die!

I read that Sid and Cassie dies in a fire!

:o

:o:angry:

That just makes me so upset and also a little bit angry

• 1 month later...

Season 2 starts Monday at 10 on SBS

When we last left them, alpha male Tony (Nicholas Hoult) had been hit by a bus. He’s back for the second series – but you’ll have to see the first ep to learn any more. Gay dancer Maxxie, played gloriously by Mitch Hewer, is this week’s focus. With his platinum crop and toned physique, Hewer’s clearly been working out during the season break.

But Maxxie is much more than eye candy. He’s a loyal friend to Tony, for whom he harbours a crush, and probably the most well-adjusted kid in the gang. Hewer is also a killer dancer. He leaps through the opening scene’s dance rehearsal with ease – look out Rhys Bobridge!

Maxxie’s dad wants him to become a builder, a story device that’s a bit Billy Eliot for my liking. Watch for the less plot-driven scenes where he laughs off the taunts of homophobes – you won’t believe where that ends up.

The other shining kid I’m waiting to revisit is Sid (Mike Bailey) who, from behind his beanie and spectacles, brims with vulnerability, and is usually handed the production’s best dramatic scenes. But it’s all the cast combined who are the reason to love Skins. Many of them first-time actors, they’re a joy to behold – which is why it will be so much harder when Elsley turfs all but one for the third series. Even in TV you’re too old at 18?

- David Knox, tvtonight.com.au

Saw a random Aussie article on it the other day - have to say the headline was something I thought I'd never read :blink:

"New series Skins is like Home & Away, with heart"

IF HOME and Away was real, it'd look more like Skins. The show scandalised parts of England when it first started, and occasionally since.

Yes, apparently it came as an enormous shock to people that teenagers had sex and took drugs.

The second series starts tonight, and I recommend you don't miss it. It's six months later now and Tony, who was hit by a bus and nearly killed at the end of the first series, is back home.

Not quite the same though – he can't remember telling his girlfriend he loved her moments before the accident.

Can't remember there was a girlfriend really either.

You know that movie About A Boy? Tony is played by said boy – in next week's episode there's an amusing in-joke involving Hugh Grant's career.

It's funny seeing that droll little boy suddenly older and up to things ... I was thinking, there's not a lot I can tell you about Skins in this venue, it's a pretty full on drama.

And by full on I mean there's a reason it's on at 10 o'clock at night on SBS.

But on the whole, that's a good thing.

You can just imagine this in the wrong hands – some hypocritical politician's, for instance, who wouldn't watch it but wouldn't want anyone else to either.

I suppose this is largely aimed at young adults, the Big Brother audience, but I think it has wider appeal than that.

For parents, for a start. Or for anybody who likes solid writing – real situations told in a wry and unvarnished way. It's not just about watching teenagers texting each other and being moody.

I mean, one of them has just come out of a coma with major memory loss and possibly a whole new personality – it's not lightweight stuff we're talking about here.

It's not who stole the chicken wings from the Summer Bay diner. How his friends and family deal with the new Tony is the axis of this opening episode.

His main support is his mate Maxxie, who's being coerced by his father to become a builder, but, shades of Billy Elliott, really wants to be a dancer.

Maxxie's also gay and spends a lot of time running from local meatheads who want to bash him.

His father is great – an actor called Bill Bailey, who you might've seen in Black Books on the ABC, he was Manny in that.

The family dog Taz also turns in a decent performance. That's how good this show is – even the dog in it is impressive.

Archived