Skins

Guest Level

Re:S4

Did you see all those rumours claiming that this series of Skins would be the last? Rubbish!

I've just heard that E4 has given the go-ahead for a full fourth series, to be broadcast early in 2010.

While ratings are admittedly down on its series one heyday, the programme is still one of E4's biggest draws, with around a million viewers each week.

Eurgh, that's SO long away. I'm gonna like... cry next week. :(

Anyway, that was a really good episode. Katie's such a btch. Awww at the Naomi/Emilie cuteyness at the end, i'm glad they're together. I missed cooke and effy, but that can't be helped, they'll be in it next week! I wont think about the Effy/Freddie implied sexing in the promo :P

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't cry, but nothing on TV has ever had that effect so it was always slightly unlikely.

I did enjoy more than I thought I would. I just hope in writing the 4th series, that a lot of it doesn't become a repeat on what happened to get us where we at the moment. I definitely don't feel it has the same group feeling as the past series does and that has sometimes been evident in the way that episodes were constructed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been able to get 'into' Series 3. Ryan's right in that the new group doesn't have the same 'feeling' as the first generation. Series 1 and Series 2 were great, and I'm too devoted to Skins to give up on it just yet, but the whole idea of axing the original cast and replacing them with entirely new people (minus Effy) was kinda pathetic! I understand why it had to be done, the cast were getting old and the show would eventually get away from being about teens, but still... I miss them! :(

I miss them too, I mean I like series three, but apart from the name and Effy, it just feels like a completely different show. Because we had a long break between 2&3 the change wasnt as bad and it wasnt like one minute they were gone, next second ship in new people. I've been rewatching first generation and your absolutely right, it was far better.

Archived