Skins

Guest Level

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIG NEWS!!! It isn't just Cassie leaving, the ENTIRE cast have been axed and series three will have an entirely new cast. It sounds crazy, but the producers want to do this every two years to keep the cast fresh. It stinks of age-ism if you ask me. Its as if they're getting new younger kids in because the current cast are going to start Uni next year. God forbid anyone over the age of 18 should be part of Skins. If you need a source its on Channel 4 teletext page 139.

:o

Are you kidding me?!!

Seriously, I hate it when producers think they can replace the entire cast and keep it as good as it was. When will they get that it's not really so much the concept people always fall for, it's just as much (or more) the characters!

I know it's different as Laguna Beach is a reality soap, but seriously, this reminds me of when they decided to do a complete recast for season 3. Look how well that turned out.

I thought 5 people and a few hundred sheep died? What I believe is needed is an overlap. For instance in Grange Hill, which could be said to be be vaguely similiar, each year lasted four (later six) years and a new year was introduced every two years.

That's definitely a much better way to do it, IMO. That's basically what happens in soaps, only there's usually not huge groups of people leaving at the same time. Still there's a constant flow of characters coming and going, and because you constantly get the chance to get to know new characters and get to start liking them before all your old favourites are gone, it doesn't feel like such a huge change.

It says it on digital spy as well. I haven't watched the last few episodes and I just realized I didn't miss it either. Series 2 just hasn't been as good as the first one. I hate that Chris isn't with Angie anymore. I hope they literally get rid of everyone and start over, because I can see them scrapping Chris, Tony, Michelle, Maxxie, Sid, Anwar, Abigail and Cassie, but keeping Effy, Scarlet and Sketch and then adding new characters, which I wouldn't like because I hate Sketch and Scarlet. The best thing to come from this is no more Posh Kenneth!!!

BIG NEWS!!! It isn't just Cassie leaving, the ENTIRE cast have been axed and series three will have an entirely new cast. It sounds crazy, but the producers want to do this every two years to keep the cast fresh. It stinks of age-ism if you ask me. Its as if they're getting new younger kids in because the current cast are going to start Uni next year. God forbid anyone over the age of 18 should be part of Skins. If you need a source its on Channel 4 teletext page 139.

:o

Apparently, the cast was too expensive, I found this article on a Skins forum, it was from The Sun or something, it was from a while back, after filming of the second series wrapped up.

The stars of Channel 4 show Skins have apparently been axed - because they are too expensive. It seems the show will return for a third series in 2009 - but with a cast of new faces because of the tight budget, reports the Daily Star. -->

Apparently April Pearson, 18, who plays Michelle and Mike Bailey, 19, who plays Sid, will not have their contracts renewed. Producers are hoping to persuade Nicholas Hoult, who plays Tony, to stay for more episodes by offering him the chance to direct.The 18-year-old - who shot to fame alongside Hugh Grant in About A Boy - has already directed mini-web episodes which are due to air online, alongside the second series this year but now bosses want him to take a directing part when the third series starts shooting in Bristol. Harry Enfield directed a quarter of the forthcoming second series, which starts next month.

I agree that season 2 hasn't been as good as season 1, still though I don't think I like the idea of the entire cast being replaced. Like if you take away all the characters, than what is left of Skins really? A great concept? A fantastic setting? No, just another TV drama. The way I see it Skins is just another drama, it doesn't really have a main storyline that creates a setting, like LOST and Criminal minds for example. It's just a drama, and I think it really is the characters that made us all like the show in the first place, cause let's face it; without the characters there's not really much left of Skins...

Archived