Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

*cautiously sticks head into thread* Yep, all under control. Glad to see the video is going down well. :P

I feel like I should say something in appreciation of HotDad. I'm sure there was a split second last night where Jack, Lucas, and Tony were all sitting on the couch drinking beer - yep, that's a family! I liked that, even though it was only for a moment. :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ :D Yeah, I've seen that... Quite a number of times! :wink: Actually that video that has gone onto youtube was mine originally I think, I recognised the turning the page bit when I blended 2 clips together! I had a really good quality version but my hard drive died and I lost it. :( Nevermind, I will survive with the one on youtube! Cheers for pointing me in the right direction!

I can't believe there has been such little response to the stripping video!!.. Although, Mistified you are quite right.... 'OMG!!' does more or less sum up the video in question! :P

Where is everyone lately anyway? Bodwod? Coco? Emmasi? Come out come out wherever you are!! :P

Thats understandable. :) It was a sight all HotDad fans shouldn't miss! :wink: To be honest when I first saw it I have admit my reaction contained a number of expletives!... In a good way!! :P

Well lets see if we can drum up some HotDad discussion to get us through the summer/winter drought!....

What has been HotDad's best storyline of the year?

Best scene?

Worst moment?

Hottest scene??

What would you have changed about HotDad this year?

How has HotDad developed this year?

If you were a writer, what would you have planned for HotDad next year?

And anything else HotDad related you want to talk about!!!

I'll get back to you with my thoughts soon. :D

Jazz stuff and after Beth's death

Best scene?

Him and Jazz snogging on the table then being caught

Worst moment?

I was crying when Jack had to hold him back after seeing the crash site, so sad.

Hottest scene??

Shower

He was in the show more... had more storylines

Hotness.... erm... we have seen a different side to him :)

For Peter to move in with Tony and become bad boys :P

Erm.... Not really :P

Thanks Lilone! :D Here's my thoughts.

It has to be the aftermath of Beth's death, but not straight after... I think the best episodes were the ones when it became apparent that he wasn't coping as well as people thought and he turned to Naomi for 'support' :wink:

Best scene?

This is a tough one...there are lots that spring to mind....the sex talk with Mattie!... when he discovered Beth was dead and Jack had to restrain him... when he was talking to Jack about having to go through it all again (refering to his first wife too)....... the speech at the memorial service..... whe he told Naomi no amount of money would bring Beth back.. when he was talking to Irene about feeling empty without Beth..... when he stopped Lucas from killing Denni and didn't let go of him.... and of course the kitchen table incident with Jazz! I honestly can't choose!

Worst moment?

There have been a couple of moments that have not been HotDad's finest hour and they are both very much 'out of character' in my mind. The first is the scene where Lucas was going on about how he didn't think Tony was proud of him because he didn't play football and Tony didn't exactly put up much of a fight and prove he was proud of him. The other was meddling in the Martha/Jack/Sam shenanigans.. he should have stayed out of it.

I didn't enjoy him being alienated from his family but I can forgive him for the Naomi thing as he was in a vulnerable state.

Hottest scene??

I can't decide between 3.. the shower..... the kitchen table with Jazz... and the scene in the sea where he was bobbing around on the surfboard while Jack told him off for being a stud!

Basically the only things I would change are the times when he has been alienated from his family. However I wouldn't have changed the Naomi thing as it was good for him as a character and worked out OK in the end. He should have proved how much he was proud of Lucas instead of doing nothing and he should have stayed out of the Jack business. I would also like to have seen more Tony/Mattie and Tony/Kit scenes in the aftermath of Beth's death.

He has developed in a big way! They finally gave him something to do and he went from being a one dimensional supporting character to a great three dimensional character. We have seen so many aspects of his character and his emotions this year. He finally kissed Beth, he grieved, he got it on with every woman in the bay (sort of), his family turned against him, he took another child under his wing (Geoff), he wasn't the perfect father at times and he was the perfect father at others.

A nice juicy storyline, but no more death, he's been through enough. I hope he finds love with someone and he lives happily ever after. I want to see him fight (not literally) for someone I think, that would be nice. A baby would be nice or possibly fostering a child or two.

I don't ask for a lot! :P

Erm.. just one thing! :wink: I really liked Tony and Jazz's relationship. It was very different to Beth which made it interesting, even if it did have ups and downs. I liked it that Jazz was a different person around Tony and he was the only one to give her a chance. She did some bad things but he knew there was a heart in there somewhere!

That's all folks!! You will be pleased to know! You can wake up now!!! :D

I heard my name...

I've been sulking and not posting much of anything, but for you guys I'll make an exception :)

Hooking up with Jazz. It was great how they were two outcasts who found each other and had a good, casual relationship that ended on civil terms. It was so refreshing, and I appreciated Tony's willingness to accept Jazz for who she was, instead of focussing on what she'd done.

Best scene?

Talking Geoff down from wanting to kill Bruce.

Worst moment?

Any of the dozens of times he's been painfully ignorant towards Lucas...

Hottest scene??

Playing with Jazz's hair :wub:

I'd have made him a lot cooler. As in he wouldn't yell at Lucas for no reason or be obsessed with trying to replace him... and he wouldn't have flipped out over Jazz not wanting to make a commitment. That was the deal Tony! You can't freak out if she wants to stick to the agreement you both entered into!

I actually think his character has regressed. He seems a lot more stubborn and ignorant these days, especially with Lucas, and a lot more agressive and hot tempered. Perhaps losing Beth broke him...

I've gotten as far as putting him in a sordid love triangle with Amanda and Jazz, having him used and abused as part of their vicious no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners catfight... other than that, I haven't really thought about it. I suppose it might be fun if he was accused of being inappropriate with Geoff, perhaps by Aden, just for my own amusement. Actually that would be a great way for Aden to get back at them both for being kicked off the football team and supposedly ruining his life (missing selections and such). Especially if Tony has made moves to take Geoff into foster care, now that Michael's apparently run out on that responsibility... Damn it Aden, why didn't you think of this already??

Um... I liked seeing pictures of Jon stripped down to his underwear...? And yet, that table-top make out session with Jazz was too much information for me. Go figure.

I can't say i'm HotDad's biggest fan at the moment, he's being totally out of order in the UK paced episodes :angry:. But, Tony would have to do something extremly bad for me to even begin to dislike him :P.

That video was so funny :lol:. The things people do for charity!

Great idea, Karen! We need to find ways to keep the thread alive over winter...we can't have it slipping to the second or third page!

That's a tough one. I think i'd say Beth's death though. Tony hadn't had a proper storyline before then and we really got to see Jon act his socks off during the many scenes he had after her death.

Best scene?

Again, that's a hard question! Probably Tony breaking down in Jack's arms after finding out Beth had died.

Worst moment?

The Tony we're seeing in the UK at the moment is not the Tony we've come to know and love. He's being out of order to Lucas and his attitude towards him is slowly, but surely, getting on my nerves! Bring back good ol' HotDad!

Hottest scene??

The scene with Tony and Julie when they were on their date...A.K.A the first episode of 2007 to contain HotDad's new and very wonferful haircut!

I think he should have made a little bit more of an effort to smooth things over with Mattie and Lucas after the whole Naomi thing happened. I would also like to change the way he is treating Lucas at the moment...

Well for starters, he's finally getting some screentime! :lol: Like you said Karen, he finally (after about 242 episodes) kissed Beth. But I think the main thing that's stood out to me this year, is how he's now become almost like the main dad in the show. With Brad and Dan out of the picture, Tony is the only guy who is now in a place to look after kids.

Jack and Lucas would accompany their dad on a camping trip. In true Summer Bay style, Tony's car would breakdown in the middle of nowhere. Jack and Lucas would fall seriously ill, meaning that Tony would be the only one to help them stay alive. Lucas and Jack would make it through...just.

The experience of the camping trip would scar Tony. He would start to feel as though everyone in his life leaves him...e.g Kate and Beth etc. He would fall into a depressive state, causing Jack and Lucas to start worrying about his mental state. After many months of trying to get through to him, Jack and Lucas would suggest counselling. He would agree to go and would suddenly find himself attracted to the counseller...who is none other than, Rachel Armstrong!!!!

Tony and Rachel would then get married and have a baby!! Awwww.

What do you think? Plausible? :P...

How could I not included the haircut in his best moments!? Shame on me!

Also, I forgot to add another hot scene to the list..... The one where he woke up in the caravan with Naomi practically joined at the lips! :D

Great storyline idea Coco! I particularly like the ending! :D Although I don't think I could cope with another Jack at deaths door storyline. Maybe Tony and Lucas can go on a bonding trip and Lucas can get injured.. I don't think he has been in hospital yet! Then HotDad can save him and prove how much he loves him. :wub: Then he can get it on with Rachie!

Um... I liked seeing pictures of Jon stripped down to his underwear...? And yet, that table-top make out session with Jazz was too much information for me. Go figure.

You are a highly complex individual emmasi... and very unpredictable! But don't take offence at that I mean it in a good way! :P I love how you look at things from a totally different perspective to most people. :D

Archived