Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

Hehe, I'm glad i'm not the only one that has the decision over what episodes to keep! I just stuff everything onto the drive now...can't be bothered with sorting everything out, it would take too long! :P

Back on topic...I couldn't agree more with your point about Tony and Beth's 'relationship'. That's the thing, it wasn't really a relationship as such...it was more, two characters living together and looking after each others kids IMO. As far as storylines go, I think it's safe to say that everything was pretty relaxed in that department! They had plenty of storylines involving each others kids and everything, but the writers seemed to forget that they were actually together! I could think of loads of storylines they could have been involved in before Beth left...and died. The thing that most cheesed me off about Tony and Beth is how they had a spark at the beginning but from episode 4100 it all went downhill. The other thing that cheesed me off, was how they met. So if I was in charge this is what would have happened!

Btw mods/librarians, if you feel the need to move this to the fic section, please do :P...

Now if I had been in charge of how episode 4020 had gone :P, Tony would have been at the singles night Beth and Irene went to. So they all meet and have a drink together (at the Surf Club). Beth chats to Tony and finds out that his wife died 14 years ago, and he is currently single. Irene seems particulary pleased to find out that Tony is a bachelor. Beth feels cheesed off because she seems to think love is in the air for her and newest batchelor in the Bay, Tony Holden! She decides to leave so that Irene and Tony can chat. Tony is rather upset about this, but Beth says that she has to go and get an early night, as she has a shift in the morning. Irene is totally aware that Beth likes Tony and vice versa, so she decides to leave as well. Both Beth and Tony are rather pleased about this :P, so Beth decides to stay and keep Tony company. They have another drink together and decide to take a stroll on the beach afterwards. There, they discuss being single etc. It's sooooo clear that they like each other but of course, Tony gets a phone call from Lucas which interupts the mood! Tony says that it's not urgent, so they might as well spent a bit more time together. Tony decides to walk Beth home. They get to the front door and neither is quite sure what to say or do, so Beth says goodnight and thanks Tony for a lovely evening etc. Just as Beth is about to walk in the front door, Tony kisses Beth on the cheek. They awkwardly (in a lovingly sort of way of course!), look at each other before going their separate ways.

The next day and Beth plucks up the courage to visit Tony. She gets to the front door and sees Irene and Tony having lunch, and immediately thinks that something is going on. She thinks about going back home, but decides to go in anyway. Once again, Irene decides to leave Beth and Tony to talk. Beth senses that Tony looks dissapointed that Irene is leaving, so this makes her think even more that something is going on. Tony says that he is suprised that Irene and Barry just broke up, considering what a lovely person she is. Beth is sooo dissapointed by then...and Tony knows it! He asks her what's wrong. She tries to make up loads of excuses e.g memories of her and Jack and how she hasn't exactly had it easy when it comes to relationships. Tony knows that it's got nothing to do with that and asks her what's really on her mind. She brings up the whole thing with him and Irene, and how they seem to be getting on well. He says that they are good friends and that they hope to spend many more lunchtimes together (added bit of chesse in there!). The word 'friends' reassures Beth. She then asks Tony if he would like to join her on date. Suprise, suprise the answer is yes! So in true Summer Bay style...they go to the Surf Club the next day and have dinner. I'm going to leave it there so you guys can have fun and make up alternative endings :P.

That was fun! Why couldn't it really have happened like that?! The only episodes why they even remotely discussed their 'relationship', were 4074 (the ep where Tony asks Beth out on a dinner date), 4124 (were they decide to move in together) and a couple of eps just before Beth went overseas. It's a huge shame, because alot could have been done with both of their characters before Beth left.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, he only went down so fast 'cause he's a lover, not a fighter :wink:

Have you seen this picture before?! (Check out the shirt)...CLICK...:lol: .

Yes, I have, but thank you very much for reminding me :D

And even if I could move your fiction (which I can't), I wouldn't, because the idea is so good that it SHOULD have been a real episode anyway :P

But now I can't remember... was it Tony that saved Beth and Irene from those two nerds, or was it Barry...?

Also, he only went down so fast 'cause he's a lover, not a fighter :wink:

Have you seen this picture before?! (Check out the shirt)...CLICK...:lol: .

Yes, I have, but thank you very much for reminding me :D

And even if I could move your fiction (which I can't), I wouldn't, because the idea is so good that it SHOULD have been a real episode anyway :P

But now I can't remember... was it Tony that saved Beth and Irene from those two nerds, or was it Barry...?

Barry.

I actually only saw that episode for the first time the other day.

Ah okay, well maybe it should stay the way it is... because I think I remember Barry being very confused and unimpressed when Beth and Irene were suddenly fawning all over him :D. Besides, Tony's touching scene with Beth about the lawnmower(?) wasn't so bad... you know, where he explained how his wife died, and why Lucas is so horribly emotionally scarred and guarded... *sigh*

I loved the singles night episode! :lol: I thought the bit with Beth saing she was waiting for Mr Right to find her, and then right on cue HotDad pulls up, was a touch cheesy, but other than that I was more than happy at the way they got together. I particularly loved the scene on the beach when Beth had just found out she was Noah's grandmother and Tony and Beth were talking about Amanda. Beth was saying about how her husbands had cheated on her then realised she may had given Tony too much information. He said he was happy she was comfortable enough to talk about it with him.... Awwwwww

I didn't really have a problem with their relationship before the 2005 series finale, it was after that it all went a bit 'mundane'. I liked how they got to know each other in 2005 and how they seemed to click straight away. I even thought their relationship was 'nice' when they moved in together but it was too nice. They did boring couply things like shopping, cooking, eating, etc. but there was no passion or anything like that. I think I can only recall one argument and a minor disagreement which is not realistic in relationships.

First of all I am going to quote something I said in the Aus Discussion thread:

I couldn't let today pass without mentioning the scene where Tony went into the hospital room, kissed Sam on the head, kissed his fingers and touched Jack's head then picked up Rory and carried him home... pure HotDad Gold!! :wub: It would have been better if it was the original Rory but.... hey, you can't have everything!

Great HotDad episode today! :D Running on the beach in a vest, bonding with Lucas, worrying about Jack, the scene with Martha, the scene mentioned above and the scenes with Fitzy! :wub:

I was slightly disappointed the spoilers misled us about Tony and Fitzy racing to find out the truth about the robbery but there was so much other stuff in the episode I can live with that!

On a slightly random note, may I just mention that it looks like HotDad has been given some new clothes by the wardrobe department. Although, I think he has enough horizontal striped shirts now!! We need something new and different.... a birthday suit perhaps!! :lol:

^ I haven't seen many Aus paced ep's recently so I have nooo idea what's been happening, but what you descibed does sound like HotDad gold!! *Runs to Mar's server and starts eagerly downloading* :o

I particularly loved the scene on the beach when Beth had just found out she was Noah's grandmother and Tony and Beth were talking about Amanda. Beth was saying about how her husbands had cheated on her then realised she may had given Tony too much information. He said he was happy she was comfortable enough to talk about it with him.... Awwwwww

That is one of my all time favourite Tony/Beth scenes! We had never really seen Beth open up to someone about Jack and Rhys before in that kind of way, so I thought that it was a really good scene in terms of her being able to talk to someone and feel comfortable about it.

They did boring couply things like shopping, cooking, eating, etc. but there was no passion or anything like that. I think I can only recall one argument and a minor disagreement which is not realistic in relationships.

It didn't help that the kids always got in the way as well :P. As much as I like to see soap couples happy and everything, you're right, it's not very realistic that they only had a couple of arguements. In fact, I can even remember offf my head, the exact episode numbers when they had arguements!

Episode 4089 - A couple of heated words to each other over Lucas helping Mattie get revenge on Amanda (the paint-bomb incident :P).

Episode 4135 - Again, a couple of heated words but not what I would call an argument. What made me laugh was in the episode when Beth was visiting Graham in hospital, Beth said ''I had a bit of an arguement with Tony today''...:lol:. Mmm...sorry...what arguement?!

Episode 4136 - Beth suggests that her and Tony shouldn't be together. (That was actually a good scene, but they resolved everything just a bit to quickly I thought A.K.A, the next episode!).

Episode 4137 - The aftermath of them breaking up. They were a bit distant and had a few words to each other just before making up, but other than that nothing major.

Episode 4220 - The ''You might think you're dealing with this Beth, but nothing could be further from the truth'', episode :P.

When you think of how long (compared to most pairings anyway), they were together they didn't argue very much did they?!

We had never really seen Beth open up to someone about Jack and Rhys before in that kind of way

At the risk of making it all about Lucas again... I thought you meant Jack and Lucas, 'cause of Rhys Wakefield :P. I can't tell you how confusing that was, trying to work out why Beth would be opening up to Tony about his own kids like she never had before lol. The names are a strange kind of coincidence now that I think about it.

^ I can see how you got confused! :lol:

Seeing as this is the 'Character/Actor Appreciation' thread, I thought it might be fun to have a quiz thing. Feel free to quote the questions and post your own answers :P.

How do you think Tony has developed as a character over time?

What do you think has changed him the most, in terms of storylines?

What is your favourite storyline, and why? (doesn't have to be the one above - but it can be :P)

Why do you like his character?

Who do you think is most suited to Tony (e.g Rachel :P), and why?

Tony has always been a great dad to Jack and Lucas, are there any areas where you think he could have done better though? (e.g spending more time with Lucas instead of Geoff :P).

I look foward to your answers!...

Archived