Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

And Bevan referred to him as HotDad which was kinda bizarre....Bodwod it looks like your name for him is famous!!

Oh God! That's embarrassing!!

so as long as Jon doesn't think that we really think he is 'HotDad'...we should be alright

Well.... he does have kids.... and let's face it, he is hot so I think the HotDad tag can pretty much follow him.

The future plans for his character sound interesting. I hope they keep sending kids his way though because his relationship with the kids around him is the thing I like most about his character, although that seems to be a little off track lately with his attitude towards Lucas.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about the break down in the relationship with Lucas. It's interesting really because Luc was always a sensitive soul. Tony then loses Beth and his sensitive son has showed no sign of the expected sensitivity towards him because he was so angry over the Naomi business. I like that unpredictability.

I have long and complicated theories about that. In short, Luc was devestated by Beth's death as well, and lashed out/distracted himself using Naomi. Then Tony took her away and left Lucas alone with nothing, at the same time acting like Beth meant nothing (the way Luc saw it). It was a very traumatic thing that I don't think Luc ever dealt with, and because Tony was so wrapped up in his own loss, he never noticed that Lucas was struggling too. Mostly because Lucas was acting fairly indifferent... but it was just an act, and Tony should have seen through it. But he didn't. And now Luc resents him for not knowing his own son, or even caring enough to try.

Something like that.

Yeah, people will say that I make this stuff up out of nothing, but it gets me by.

Having read what you have said emmasi, I think there are some good points. I think it would be easier to get an impression of how Lucas was affected by Beth's death if the writers gave us a bit more than they did. The fact that he was away at writers camp didn't help but when he did come back I thought he was handling it better than I thought he would. Which to be honest was a slight disappointment (I know that sounds a bit wierd!)

I don't think there was anything wrong with Lucas and Tony's relationship before the Naomi thing so that leads me to the conclusion that it was about Naomi and not about Beth. I felt at the time that Lucas used that as an excuse to get his anger about Naomi out. I think this recent dip in Lucas and Tony's relationship is partly about Geoff and Lucas feeling jealous that his dad gives him so much attention. The other part of the problem I don't quite understand. <_< Has Tony always found it difficult that Lucas is more into writing than footie or have the writers changed Tony lately on purpose to create a problem where there isn't one. Everthing I have seen leads me to think it's the latter but then I think back to the rebellious stage and Tony didn't handle some aspects of that particularly well either. He tried to talk to him about things but gave up too easily and went for the grounding option. It all worked out in the end but I think it was disappointing that we didn't see Lucas and Tony talk things through, we only got to see Beth and Lucas discuss the issue.

I'm a bit confused to be honest of where they are going with this one. I hope the problems are properly addressed and there relationship is good again. The other day was a bit confusing too when Lucas walked in on Jazz and Tony and the scene ended with Lucas giving Tony a death stare. Then the next day Tony said Lucas had text him to go and see the exhibition. I think my problem with the whole Lucas/Tony thing is inconsistency.

Now onto more frivalous matters.... I have spoken about this in the Aus Discussion thread but in short, I think it's time for HotDad to walk away from Jazz... she is no good for him and he needs to keep his distance. Having said that I really hope he is the one who saves her from the fire (Just because I want to see him be the hero :wub: not because I want her saved!) However, having seen the promo I have a horrible feeling we won't see HotDad in tomorrows episode... and I have a feeling there won't be a big fire, we will just get to see the aftermath. I hope I'm wrong on both counts though! :D If he does go into the fire, I hope his lovely white shirt isn't ruined forever!

If he does go into the fire, I hope his lovely white shirt isn't ruined forever!

OK, so if we're talking wish lists, here's mine. HotDad ventures straight through the flames to save the day. He is wearing that awful white shirt with the blue mess on it that he had on last night with those shocking grey stone wash jeans. The flames are out of control and he is unable to save Jazz or his clothes which all perish in the fire, leaving poor HotDad in nothing but his socks 'n' jocks and ready for his upcoming

threesome

Re the Lucas stuff, I think it's been really lazily handled by the writers. I agree with Karena that they didn't really show us that Lucas felt anything about the loss of Beth and it all seemed to be about Naomi. Then they got over that and got their relationship back on track and all of a sudden we're supposed to believe that Tony is apathetic toward's Lucas and his writing talents when we've only ever seen him supportive and proud. It's too much of a turn around for me and I'm not buying it.

If he does go into the fire, I hope his lovely white shirt isn't ruined forever!

OK, so if we're talking wish lists, here's mine. HotDad ventures straight through the flames to save the day. He is wearing that awful white shirt with the blue mess on it that he had on last night with those shocking grey stone wash jeans. The flames are out of control and he is unable to save Jazz or his clothes which all perish in the fire, leaving poor HotDad in nothing but his socks 'n' jocks and ready for his upcoming

threesome

Re the Lucas stuff, I think it's been really lazily handled by the writers. I agree with Karena that they didn't really show us that Lucas felt anything about the loss of Beth and it all seemed to be about Naomi. Then they got over that and got their relationship back on track and all of a sudden we're supposed to believe that Tony is apathetic toward's Lucas and his writing talents when we've only ever seen him supportive and proud. It's too much of a turn around for me and I'm not buying it.

In fairness though I think it's highlighting how Tony has been affected by the loss of Beth. People have been saying that Beth's death was all over and done with far too quickly, but I don't agree with this at all. I think the Tony we have now is a product of that, as is the Lucas and the Matilda. Her taking off with Rueben was a consequence of her losing her mother, and now her wanting to get away from SB for uni. I think we should give the writers more credit.

All this has inspired me to fic. It's more about Lucas, but... since I was inspired here, I thought I'd link here.

http://backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27491

Much to do about Tony, I assure. Though it is from Luc's view so it's less flattering than I think you'd like. Even I think that Lucas was being harsh! (and overly dramatic, but who's counting?) :P

^ I'll pop off and read it now emmasi :)

threesome

Very nice idea (particularly the socks and jocks bit!) but unfortunately it never happened. :( The budget people obviously said no to an actual fire!! Nevermind, at least HotDad's nice long sleeved white shirt will be OK after a little spin in the washing machine...phew!

I was reasonably happy with the way Jazz and HotDad ended. It was never going anyway so it's probably time for him to move on. I can't wait to see what the writers have planned for him! Although Bodwod I think a

threesome

may be a little bit much for H&A!!! :lol:

Seeing as I like to comment on his wardrobe so much I think I must give special mention to the lovely new light blue polo shirt he was wearing today :) Very nice... very nice indeed! Especially with the dark blue jeans!! :wub:

Archived