Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

I looked everywhere and i couldn't see another thread on him.... Sorry if there already is. I must be blind!

Anyway, I think Tony Holden is an awesome character on Home and Away. I particularly noticed how he is always there for everyone in his family including the whole Hunter clan whenever they're in any sort of trouble. He doesn't seem to have very many storylines of his own though which is kind of disappointing. I would love to see a storyline focused on just him.

It's funny the way he calls Lucas 'love' sometimes. lol. But that's a nice thing. I really like the way the Holden family is portrayed on screen. Tony is so laid back and cool... he did have his moments during the Lucas rebelling phase... but overall it's awesome that he has such a good relationship with Jack and Lucas.

He's not bad looking either. I remember reading someone's post a while ago in another thread and they said that because they didn't know his name in the beginning they'd just call him "Hot Dad". Lol i thought that was pretty funny.

Here's some info on Jon from the H&A website:

Jon Sivewright was born on 22 May, 1965 in Perth, Western Australia.

When Jon left school he worked on the mines in the North West, travelled and then became a fire fighter for 12 years. During this time Jon dabbled in some amateur theatre in Perth.

Jon moved to Sydney in 2003 to follow his passion and pursue acting. He was accepted into the Actors' Centre in Surry Hills where he completed the two and a half year 'journey course'. He then acquired an agent and went on to do some commercials, television guest roles including All Saints and some theatre.

Jon's character Tony Holden moves to Summer Bay with his two boys Jack (Paul O'Brien) a cop and Lucas (Rhys Wakefield) a student at Summer Bay High, to take up the role of the school's new Physical Education teacher.

Widowed for 14 years Tony has remained single, his life is his boys. Tony, Jack and Lucas are more like best mates than father and sons. "Tony's family is everything to him, he has a lot of love for his kids," says Jon.

Originally from Fremantle, Jon is a keen AFL fan and supports the Fremantle Dockers. He's a keen surfer and loves to play guitar.

Now living in Sydney's eastern beaches Jon likes to surf or swim every day.

Jon was born under the Zodiac sign of Gemini, the Twins

So anyway i just thought i'd start this up and see if there is anyone else out there who has the same opinion. Maybe i am the only one?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree I think Jon is a great actor and the character of Tony is fantastic. The relationship between the Holden men is lovely and I think its a shame that there have not been storylines exploring their relationships with each other.

In Lucas's rebellion storyline I think Jon proved how good an actor he can be when given the chance. (Although Rhys, Clarrisa and Indianna were also great) I cant wait till Tony Holden gets a big storyline.(fingers crossed that he does.)

I agree with everything above - as you can see from my sig! :D

Tony needs a storyline because you know what happens with characters who have no decent storylines..... clue: a big wooden handle with a sharp metal bit at the end!... THE AXE!! And that cannot happen!!

He is most definately 'Hot Dad' by the way!

JSHAA04070603c.jpg

This what Clarissa House said about Jon 'Jon plays Tony so well' I think that is true and he dose plays Tony great, I also want him to have a dramatic storyline soon and best wishes in the furture for Jon and his charcter Tony :)

I remember reading someone's post a while ago in another thread and they said that because they didn't know his name in the beginning they'd just call him "Hot Dad".

That was me. He's still known as HotDad around our house. I was in the kitchen during an add break the other night and my husband called me from the lounge room and said "your stupid HotDad show's back on!". I had to smile.

I'm with you on the Beth thing, danifan, I don't love her for Tony. For me it's probably not so much the character I don't like but the relationship that's been written for the two of them. There are no sparks. They just went straight from attraction to what I see as a pretty flat, passionless kind of pairing. I don't think I've ever seen them kiss. I know the general audience of H&A doesn't want to see the oldies going at it but there's not even much romance going on there. My parents had more spark in them after 20-odd years of marriage than these two do.

I love Tony as a Dad for Beth's kids but not as a partner for Beth. He has a great parenting style. Laid back and good mates most of the time but knows where to draw the line and be the parent when he needs to.

I agree with all the posts so far - Tony needs a storyline. Tony's gorgeous character's being wasted, as is Jon's talent as an actor.

I'm with you on the Beth thing, danifan, I don't love her for Tony. For me it's probably not so much the character I don't like but the relationship that's been written for the two of them. There are no sparks. They just went straight from attraction to what I see as a pretty flat, passionless kind of pairing. I don't think I've ever seen them kiss. I know the general audience of H&A doesn't want to see the oldies going at it but there's not even much romance going on there. My parents had more spark in them after 20-odd years of marriage than these two do.

I remember reading someone's post a while ago in another thread and they said that because they didn't know his name in the beginning they'd just call him "Hot Dad".

That was me. He's still known as HotDad around our house. I was in the kitchen during an add break the other night and my husband called me from the lounge room and said "your stupid HotDad show's back on!". I had to smile.

You're right... there isn't any chemistry there at all. Beth and Tony did get together pretty quickly, I don't even remember it happening! Sometimes it really bugs me how the writers automatically pair everyone off into a couple.

I love that HotDad name! It's great and it suits him perfectly! When i first saw him on H&A i thought the same thing. I was actually really glad they brang in a single dad that was nothing like Rhys Sutherland!

It was very obvious from the start that they were meant to be together, it was just a matter of time. I think there was some chemistry just before they got together but then it kind of disappeared as soon as they did. There has been the odd flash, like when they split up for like.. a day!... when Tony thought she had switched off Grahams life support machine. The moving in together thing was very unromantic and done for convenience. Since then they have been more like best friends than anything else but I don't thing having to deal with an endless series of traumas has helped! Actually thinking about it you could count the kisses on 1 hand and I only recall Tony saying 'I love you' once.

I like Beth and Tony as a couple but they desperately need a storyline of their own instead of just playing background characters or 'parents'. Actually Tony needs to be the focus of the story because Beth has had a couple of good storylines in the past.

Going back to the chemistry thing, I don't think that Home and Away ever show much chemistry between older couples too often so this is not that unusual. Having said that I don't agree with this as they need to show sparks sometimes to make a couple believable!

Rant over :)

Archived