Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

I know she ratted him out to Drew, Belle and Lucas about Jazz. I don't know that you'd call evesdropping behind a doorway a conversation though...

I think Tony's problem is that he gets focused on one kid and forgets about the rest. Lucas is the only one that seems to call him on it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tony's problem is that he gets focused on one kid and forgets about the rest.

That's an interesting point you've brought up there. I kind of agree with what you're saying in some ways but disagree in others, so i'll try and put my point across as best I can :P.

First of all, I don't think he forgets about them,...far from it. I think Tony is the kind of dad who is very set into doing what he is given at the time. If that makes sense? :huh: Take Geoff, for example. When Tony is coaching him and the rest of the team on the footie field, he probably doesn't think about Lucas as much because well, he's not there and also because he is focused on the task in hand. But if he and Lucas were doing something together, then he would obvioulsy be more focused on him. I do get what you're saying, but I don't think Tony is the kind of character to just focus on one thing, and forget about the rest. Saying that though, recent events (Oz pace) with Lucas, have led me to believe that he was getting a bit too involved with the footie and had started to not forget about Lucas, but just hadn't ackknowledged him as much. Again, I hope that makes sense!

In regards to Tony being focused, I completely agree with that. As a footie coach, that's part of his job so it's only natural that his character in general would be partly shaped by that. There have been times when he hasn't given Lucas as much attension as he probably should, but again, that's a character trait that seems to have developed recently.

I'm rather worried about the lack of Tony and Matilda scenes aswell. And I'm not just saying that just because I love their bonding scenes :P. Earlier in the year (pre-Beth's death), we were spoilt IMO with Tony/Matilda scenes which was mostly down to Beth being away. Just after Beth's death I thought we would be spoiled again with scenes with them in, but so far...not much :(. I can understand that Mattie wants to be independent and everything, but a little scene with HotDad every now and then, would make my week! I'm still shocked that throughout the aftermath of Beth's death, Tony and Matilda didn't actually talk to each other. Obviously Naomi had something to do with that, but even before she arrived they seemed to be becoming very distant from each other. I suppose it's one of those things we will have to embrace <_<.

The lack of Mattie/Tony scenes at the moment is very disappointing, especially with Mattie going through her exam crisis. It was the perfect opportunity for her to confide in Tony about her worries about her exams and Beth, but I guess the writers did not see the appeal of such a scene. She is clearly still traumatised by the loss of her mother, as probably is Tony.

Tony's 'turning the corner moment' was a bit too convenient, clearly designed so he could embark on his relationship with Jazz with a clear conscience. At the time I thought... Yay.. HotDad is getting some action!.. but thinking about it now I feel that maybe Tony shouldn't have been as comfortable about getting it on with Jazz on Beth's kitchen table as was portrayed!!! There are obviously some other aspects of his character that have been 'manipulated' lately to make a storyline fit, which I am not too happy about either. I think this has been mentioned in another thread lately.... (possibly by alexx)... but I think characters should dictate storylines and not the other way around.

Obviously major storylines may change a characters personality in some way but for HotDad to become a footie crazy, uncaring father overnight is just not on! What gets me is... what was the point of the scene when Lucas had a go at Tony for not being proud of him and Tony just stood there like an idiot?? Nothing has been mentioned since, apart from a little friction over the sculpture. They made a huge deal about nothing and tainted a usually fantastic relationship for no reason at all! Of course if something should develop because of this in the future then I will eat my words!!

Now I've had my serious rant I am going to float down into the baby pool again for some puely shallow ramblings! :D

Has everyone seen the pics of Jon in his underwear at the Telethon?! :D I thought I'd seen everything then Jen posted this gem in the Telethon thread.....

Also they brought out an old calndar of 1994 with Jon as Mr July :P . I think I got some of that. There was a precisely placed fire hose, I believe. :D

I just knew a fireman calendar would rear it's not so ugly head at some point and as you can imagine I have begged Jen for pics!! :D

Well all our talk of the lack of Tony and Mattie scenes, seems to have payed off (in the form of one scene with them in anyway :P). I can't really say much in here (as i'd be spoilering), but Dan who's been enjoying the Aussie lifestyle for the last few weeks, has seen filming for a particular scene and Tony and Mattie are in it. Again I can't say much in here, but I have a feeling from the nature of the scene and the events that might follow it, that perhaps Tony and Mattie will start bonding a bit more again,...well I hope so anyway :D.

I know... I was very disappointed in him! :P I am not too keen on HotDad being caught up in a silly little storyline like this. A feud with an annoying teenager like Aden is not where I want to see his character heading.

Although I did like his little line about a mispent youth and there was something about HotDad with a black eye, it was slightly erm.... hot! :D

You people, you don't know when you've got it good. That fight was hhhhhhhHOT! And I don't think that this is anywhere near as simple as a silly fued. I think that Aden might be shaping up to be Tony's new stray, now that Michael seems to have claimed Geoff.

Also, he only went down so fast 'cause he's a lover, not a fighter :wink:

Indeed he is and if I had the choice between him loving and fighting I know which one I'd pick!! :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been sorting through some old episodes of H&A recently to make space on my computer and something occured to me. Everytime HotDad gets some... erm... 'lovin'... he is interuppted by one or more of the kids! I am not an anorak or a saddo (honest) but I was just watching one episode then it suddenly hit me! :D

Episode 4100 - Tony and Beth's first kiss is interuppted by Jack and Martha with the news of Graham and Amanda's wedding.

Episode 4155 - Tony and Beth talking about Tony's heavy metal record collection... then they go to kiss and Lucas and Mattie walk in asking if they 'ever stop'! (Which always seemed a very odd line to me seeing as they never seemed to 'start'!)

Then he went through a very lean spell!.... Or I could have missed something!

Episode 4331 - Beth and Tony are getting cosy on the couch and are about to kiss, then surprise surprise Kit knocks on the door to announce she's pregnant!

Episode 4342 - Beth is leaving for Europe and is having a goodbye pash with Tony - in walks Kit, Mattie and Jack right on cue.

Episode 4515 - Tony and Jazz are getting very friendly on the kitchen table - Lucas, Belle and Drew walk in and get the shock of their life! (They are lucky they didn't walk in 5 minutes later or they would have been scarred for life!)

Anyway the point of this post is.....

1. I am bored and have nothing better to do at the moment.... and

2. It's a wonder HotDad gets any action with those pesky kids around! :P:lol:

Have you seen this picture before?! (Check out the shirt)...CLICK...:lol: .

I have been sorting through some old episodes of H&A recently to make space on my computer and something occured to me. Everytime HotDad gets some... erm... 'lovin'... he is interuppted by one or more of the kids! I am not an anorak or a saddo (honest) but I was just watching one episode then it suddenly hit me!

I've been thinking that for ages as well!!! But even if someone (usually HotDads kids) doesn't turn up while he is hugging or kissing someone, something else seems to happen that breaks up the scene! It was really annoying when that happened when he was with Beth, I just kept thinking...go away kids!! Come to think of it, HotDad and Beth hardly ever had a moment of peace whilst they were together!

(Speaking of having to sort through your computer to make space...I bought a 320 GB external hardrive a couple of months ago because my laptop was getting so clogged up with pics and episodes etc....it was one of the best things I ever purchased!! :D).

I have a 250GB external hard drive that has all my episodes on. I wanted to keep as many as possible on my laptop too for easy access but it has become impossible. So at the moment I am deleting all the non HotDad episodes on my laptop so gain some space. I can't bear to het rid of them! I may have to be ruthless next year though!

I think i've gone down this road before but there is no harm in going over old ground.........

Beth and Tony's relationship was more of a comfortable/supportive relationship, it didn't exactly set the world on fire. Even though lots of things happened to them in their time together, mostly involving their kids being at deaths door, nothing actually happened in their relationship.... it was just kind of.. there.

Archived