Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

i loved fridays promo too :P can't wait for the scene this week and her reaction to it , i don't think hotdad is gutless or spineless or whatever people like to call him and to be honest people were saying rachel wears the trousers - i don't think any of them needs to be boss , they have a certain way about them that they listen to each other and take on board what each has said , rachel doesn't tell tony what to do and he doesn't tell her what to do its called advice , he does know the right things to say and i think they are way past the whole bridget thing so he doesn't need to be shy , a little bit of fun or romance needs to be put back into their relationship which could have been this week if they were going to the meal thing but i guess its canceled since leah and miles go , they need to let go of joe and start focusing on them and their future which could include a tachel baby/wedding

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The HotDad love is still in the house and all the windows are shut as far as I am concerned! :D

HotDad has taken a little bit of stick of late for being spineless and, although on some occasions it would be nice for him to show a little more assertiveness, I think overall he has been a supportive, caring partner. He hasn't kept quiet, he has said what he thinks and Rachel has listened to him. Also, judging from what Jack said he enjoyed having Joe around so he was probably guided by his own paternal instincts in the end. I think that there is an element of him not wanting to 'rock the boat' after the Bridget indiscretion but I still feel he is not being influenced too much by that.

I loved that clip in Friday's promo :wub: he really does know all the right things to say sometimes... I am so looking forward to that scene this week. :D

I couldn't have said that any better! Of course we'd love to see him in storylines which are a bit more 'macho' but sometimes it's nicer to see a guy supporting his partner through a difficult time than throwing his fist around. He's told Rachel exactly how he feels in each situation and apart from his request to talk about things before bringing Joe back (which she did realise was wrong and apologised for) she has listened to him each and everytime. She seems to have decided against pursing action against Dane after Tony told her it wasn't their place to get involved, proof that she has listened to him and their relationship is a lot more equal than others are making out!

What he said in Friday's promo was just :wub: He is soo sweet! It's a shame they don't show too much affection with Tachel that often. Rachel seems to have been quite a 'lusty' character with her previous partners and I guess while the writers are trying to show that their relationship is more mature than her previous ones, it doesn't mean they have to tone done the love! We wanna see Tony with his shirt off haha.

Jon's an awesome actor, it's a shame he doesn't get any gritty material to work with, both him and Amy could produce amazing stuff given the chance.

I agree about the fun and romance... it's all been doom and gloom recently. Apart from the bum slap in the hospital! :P

I would love them to go for a trip out on the Blaxland... to a secret island or something for some romance. :P Or get roped into one of Colleen's schemes again for a bit of fun!

This is not a spoiler at all, it is pure speculation...... As far as gritty goes I have a feeling that should Rachel get pregnant and have a baby then it wouldn't be smooth sailing.... I think the writers would give them some meaty storylines to work with, either complications with the pregnancy or the baby after it is born. :(

I agree about the fun and romance... it's all been doom and gloom recently. Apart from the bum slap in the hospital! :P

I would love them to go for a trip out on the Blaxland... to a secret island or something for some romance. :P Or get roped into one of Colleen's schemes again for a bit of fun!

This is not a spoiler at all, it is pure speculation...... As far as gritty goes I have a feeling that should Rachel get pregnant and have a baby then it wouldn't be smooth sailing.... I think the writers would give them some meaty storylines to work with, either complications with the pregnancy or the baby after it is born. :(

Haha probably the 'sauciest' weve seen those two, hopefully once this Joe storyline is out of the way they'll go back to enjoying each others company like they said they were going to before. All weve seen since then are a few hugs and a shoulder massage since that. It's the little things that make a huge difference!

Yer it's funny but I have thought that that's what the writers are going to have planned for them. Tony is such an amazing father figure, the best in Summer Bay I think but with only Jack left in the town we don't get to see it much. It would be good for them to explore his reactions to difficulties with his new child, ie complications with the pregnancy like you said or with the baby once it's born. It will also give the writers a chance to dash those doubters who think he's only having a baby with Rachel for her. I genuinely think he's looking forward to having kids around the house and being a family unit again, he had to practically raise Jack and Lucas alone and then when he was with Beth his kids were a lot older so I personally cannot wait for a Tachel baby :lol: I'm wondering whether they'll have difficulties getting pregnant, maybe Rachel will keep having miscarriages, she's had one already? I don't mind sad storylines if they're well written and provide good Tachel drama! Aww I love Tachel :wub:

Archived