Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:Two.

Raffy continues to get it in the neck from all quarters, although she didn't do herself any favours by running away when Ben and Maggie saw her and then lying to John and Marilyn.But their insistence on thinking the worst of her was frustrating and I don't think she's really made enough bad calls lately to justify it.So is Roo gone now then?Georgie Parker has only appeared on location this week, which is usually a sign that someone finished filming early.

Olivia apologised to Raffy but that's about the only tick she gets.She, and to a lesser extent Hunter, really should have realised that setting up a business means more than a fancy website:You actually have to have the goods that you're promising.Her immature side is well and truly coming out, although to be fair this is only an issue because of the retcon that she doesn't get access to the trust fund until she's 21 (as if that actually happens these days) and the faintly absurd idea of Irene being the legal guardian of someone who's an adult anyway.

Well, Alan's viewpoint was a bit more understandable here, although there's a flipside to it: Mason will, as he says, move on, but Alan and Jackie, while they'll never get over losing their daughter, will still have lives without her too.(Not to be callous but they don't seem too old to have more children either.)Beth though only gets this one chance at life and should be allowed to live it how she wants, and it was nice to see Mason defending her rights in a rather mature manner.So, he finally gets to take her virginity.Hopefully it's not the last thing she does, although at least she waited until they were dressed and out of the house...

On 10/26/2017 at 19:56, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think VJ likes Coco's company but was being standoffish with her because he didn't want her to think he likes her in the same way she likes him.Which couldn't have carried on indefinitely

The situation with Coco reminds me of situations I've been in the past.  You like someone, don't tell them eventually they figure it out, don't feel the same way, don't want to lead you on and it becomes awkward then person will then try and avoid you.  I am now wondering if it's really a good idea for her to even be friends with VJ until the bulimia is sorted.

That's twice Mason's been reckless regarding Beth.  Given that they went into the bedroom in the afternoon, emerged in the evening, Beth's condition, should they have really been doing you-know-what for that long?  I suppose she could have just been lying there rather than doing some of the work but there's still the hormones/adrenaline and I don't think that would have done her heart any favours.  Hopefully she will be alright but it doesn't look good.

Continue to feel sorry for Raffy.  If she didn't run after Maggie called her and simply been honest John and Marilyn would have been more inclined to believe her smashing Roo's car window was an accident.  I was very surprised Ben defended her.  In fact almost taken aback.  I wouldn't go as far as saying she's in a very dark place but I think she's very lonely.  She's intelligent/witty and so it's hard to imagine her not having any friends but I suppose the fact that she's a lot smarter than most people her age makes it hard for her to fit in.  There's also the fact that she spent a lot of time with Hope prior to coming to the bay so I wonder if she's just used to doing things on her own whilst Hope was trying to put food on the table or commit fraud.

Speaking of someone else who appears to be committing fraud - Olivia.  Until I saw today's recap it didn't occur to me that one reason for her anger towards Raffy could have been she was still hung up on the remarks she overheard her make at the party last week.  Although I appreciated the fact that she apologised although she started off just as bad as she was towards the end of yesterday's episode.  I don't think it's unreasonable to have access to her trust fund, but I do think going to the bank was a good idea.  I agree that the business model should have been thought out a lot better.  Given how many people she knows who have businesses in the bay perhaps she should have got solid advice from one of them.

I am surprised that VJ was not interested in Coco, as last week, he did seem to give that impression - for instance getting her a dress for Olivia's event and then insisting he would wait for her to finish her homework to go. But I am glad, that at the moment at least, they are not going down that road. I mentioned it before, but I hate serious issues being magically solved because someone is in a relationship. And the fact that Coco's reaction to the rejection was to binge and purge, only shows that she is not ready for a relationship (in the same way that Brody needs to focus on his recovery before hooking up with Ziggy). Raffy, as always, was a sweet friend, checking if she was OK.

Talking of Raffy, I am so frustrated that she still isn't getting the support that she deserves. While I realise that Coco had left before Olivia told off Raffy, it was still another example of Raffy being there for Coco and the reverse not being true. Similarly, given how Marilyn and John have given many other people the benefit of the doubt, it is sad to see how quicky they seem to have assumed the worst of Raffy, And Raffy's usual ally, Mason is caught up in his own drama. In fact, all the Morgans seem to be too busy trying to get laid to pay Raffy any attention. If any character was worthy of having a decent friend, it is Raffy. I guess it is hard to find your crowd when you have been forced to grow up so quickly (I guess the person who could most identify with that sentiment is VJ).

Though I have never been a Mason fan, I have found the pairing with Beth has made him more palatable. They are genuinely sweet (if not a ticking time bomb). I thought Mason handled Beth's dad really maturely. And while it may have not been the best idea to consummate their relationship given Beth's condition,I can kinda understand just living in the moment. I don't have high hopes that Beth is going to survive this - TV shows love killing off characters just when they are happy. 

Olivia was extremely unlikeable. While I appreciate that this is a soap and not a documentary, it was still ridiculous that the idea of a business plan was so alien to Olivia. I can't believe that they didn't think before about the logistics of creating the actual product. It shows a lot of immaturity from Olivia. I know they want to act like Hunter cured Olivia's self-harming, but I felt that perhaps this may have been a good time to show her perhaps struggling with that aspect of her, and her lack of coping strategies. The idea that Irene would be in charge of Olivia's trust fund is a ludicrous plot development to create drama. 

I guess one way to make people root for a couple is to make the will they/won't they aspect so insufferable that you are relieved when they get together. I am still not feeling Ash/Tori but hoping that now they are together, we can get a break from them. 

Time seems to go very quickly in the bay, many a time it's bright and sunny one moment, next it's dark!  Maybe Beth and Mason took  it nice and slow then just lay there.:wink: He did act very maturely with Alan although I can understand his concerns maybe a little harsh in him telling Mason he'll move on as at the moment he's in the first flush of love. It's something else VJ can relate to. Mason kept his cool when Beth collapsed doing CPR while calling for help, the thought crossed my mind why he didn't pick her up and carry her to the Diner but that would have wasted precious moments when he could have been working on her. From what we saw Justin arrives to help.

Surprised Irene didn't suggest to Olivia the idea of having a business plan before she went to the bank seeing as she runs a business.  Olivia is only 18 and a first time would be business woman. Hunter seems to be the one keeping a clear head and calming - or trying  to - down Olivia. Pleased she went to Raffy and gave her a proper apology. 18 is still a young age to have access to that much money and I guess it was decided 21 was the best age. I know she forged Irene's signature but is it technically fraud (or theft) as it is her money?  It's not as if she is planning to fritter it away it is for her future like when she wanted to use it to go around the world.

Raffy did seem upset when she learned Roo was going to the city for a couple if weeks so leaving her to her devices tutor wise. I'm guessing Roo and Alf said their hellos and goodbyes off screen.  What happened to Roo's car was an accident, she looked truly horrified when she saw what had happened. but didn't help her case by running off. She should have been honest with Marilyn and John instead of lying about it.

So not Scarlett's dad turning up but her husband! 

If what I saw in the trailer was what it I think was Robbo is certainly moving quickly!  Also who are those people in the chopper and who is the person they were telling 'We've found him!

^Interesting idea, although it looked like a drone so probably not that expensive.Maybe we'll find out when the episode's shown.

It's pretty obvious that keeping Mason away from Beth isn't going to do her any good...although it's a good thing her parents don't know about the sex.Hard to tell if that precipitated her decline or not, but it was better for her to collapse when Mason was on hand to keep her going.The result was an emotion time for everyone.I did roll my eyes slightly at Tori being the one to give them the results rather than the unseen Pandza to avoid hiring another guest actor for the episode.

It was a fair bet that Brody was going to get a light sentence but you never know after what happened to John so I guess that's a relief.Scarlett was lucky not to get thrown out with her constant objecting during the prosecutor's perfectly legal speech although she obviously did something right.And with none of the Morgan brothers having a particularly easy time in the romance stakes lately, Justin hits a new low by having Scarlett's husband turn up at the exact moment she's succumbed to his charms.So did her attempt to practise law under her old name fool no-one or is it just coincidence?

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Whoever hired/owns that chopper has to have a few dollars in the bank so the thought occurred could it be Dylan's dad?

31 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

^Interesting idea, although it looked like a drone so probably not that expensive.Maybe we'll find out when the episode's shown.

Around £3000 for that particular model (a DJI Inspire 2 if anyone's really interested :lol:)

Archived