Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

13 hours ago, c120701 said:

Northern Districts Hospital should now be called Morgan Districts Hospital, between working there, being patients and being romantically involved with patients they must have their own wing by now.

They can rename the Braxton wing - how many times did Casey get stabbed :)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one hand I was over the moon Mason was ejected from practicing medicine an ND, particularly the way when Tori told him he wasn't going to be prosecuted, he and Beth were celebrating only to find out his time was over there.  On the other hand I'm still not happy he's allowed to practice medicine period.  Especially given what happened with Nate and the fact the he tried to get the organ donor people to bump Beth's name up the waiting list.  If he does go to another hospital they aren't going to think very highly of what he did.  Bright side is that it may be a hospital that requires him to move from the bay although not whilst Beth is still there.

I normally find John annoying nowadays but I did like the bet he made with Irene and the attempts to get Brody to spruce up the menu at the Diner.  Irene can't stop him 24x7 and he's bound to be on a shift when it's her day off.  Will be interesting to see what Leah makes of it.

4 hours ago, harrietjames said:

They can rename the Braxton wing - how many times did Casey get stabbed :)

Not forgetting Brax's time there with gun shot wounds, knifings, getting beaten up!  Kyle spent time there too didn't he?

John & I are the on same wave length, there's a first!  Not demeaning The Diner's menu but after Salt it must be frustrating for Brody just to make sarnies, burgers with no seasoning at all, part from salt and pepper.  I have to say that toastie didn't look attractive, they could have cut it in two making it look neater. Don't the customers get the choice of having it with a salad? Brody was right presentation does make a difference, food needn't be fancy but having it look good helps. Clever idea Brody spicing the burgers up by stealth.:wink:  Irene has obviously forgotten about the experiences she had with Chris and you're right Slade Irene can't be there all the time.

Under normal circumstances Mason wouldn't have been so emotional over the transplant issue, it is his girlfriend it is happening to and of course he knows the procedures that have to be followed which must seem so stressful for anyone's relatives as to why so and so can't have the next organ that comes available. He hasn't been accused of any medical negligence which would require him being - can you be struck off is you're only a med student?  Losing his placement is punishment enough because it's going to follow him around. I believe he will be a good doctor, he's cared about patients we have seen him treat in the past. I'm glad he was honest with Beth, as she's not daft. Beth certainly looked a lot better and well enough for the hospital to say she can go out for a few hours, but sadly it doesn't look good.:(:cryingsmiley:

That cabin looked a very beautiful place, reminded me of the place Heath and & Bianca stayed before she was kidnapped, I think it was the  bath in the open area in front of the cabin. Naturally, Kat and more importantly Robbo didn't see maintenance man because of course Robbo would have recognised him.  It would have been nice to let them all have a restful weekend but hey this is what happens when anyone from the bay ventures into the outback, something always happens, you'd think they would have learnt their lesson by now. Had to laugh over the four discussing the sleeping arrangements and Justin playing the gentleman by saying he'd take the hammock.:D  Both he and Scarlett were tentative about getting close, she needs to decide about Caleb first. Btw you aren't divorced so he's not  technically your husband he is your husband!  Loved Scarlett knocking on the door to give Robbo & Kat some kind of warning and her Good night!' Something about that wire tweaked some part of Robbo's memory, enough for him to be still brooding about it late that night.  Kovak planned it well, have it go off in the night when everyone would be asleep even allowing for Justin in the hammock. He couldn't have known Robbo would be restless and wander back to the woodpile and spot the glow from the timer. You didn't need to be military or ex military to know those ticking numbers were part of an explosive device and his reaction was instinctive rousing everyone.  Seeing how short a time was left it was an impossible decision for Robbo to make , he shouted at Kat to get out and had to hope Scarlett woke up quickly enough and understood to get out. He could have gone in and got her, but then both of them could have been badly injured/killed. Hopefully Robbo, Kat & Justin know enough not to remove that shard of glass from Scarlett's shoulder. Dare I venture another theory?  I think Kovak and Robbo were part of the same team, Robbo failed in his objective namely to grab Kat to stop her giving evidence in the corruption trial so Kovak is back up, but this time 'they' wanted a more permanent solution, getting rid of Robbo would be a  bonus, Scarlett & Justin collateral damage.  Still once they get back to town Justin can make use of his own wing as a patient.:P:wink:  An after thought I feel sorry for the folk who owned that cabin, they donate it as a prize in good faith and it gets blown up! Hope they have good insurance.

I very much doubt that Leah would serve tasteless food with no presentation.

I assume Roo won’t continue working at the Diner, it always seems overstaffed in terms of regulars these days, it’s probably not in terms of a real life cafe though. It’d just be nice to see some more casuals, younger, cheaper staff instead of having Irene, Roo, Leah & Marilyn all working the same shift. Admittedly it doesn’t help that they all hang around there when they’re not working and that Marilyn & Roo act like they own the place too so it blurs the lines a bit.

So, as the promos have been showing since Friday, it turns out Novak was actually following Kat, not Robbo.Or do we need to call him Beckett now? It's understandable that Robbo wouldn't be quick to volunteer the information, as once again he's faced with the possibility that he's not a very nice person.While I'm resurrecting an old mad theory about Brax here, is it possible that Robbo joined the Guild of Identical Assassins undercover? It would explain why Dylan was holding him at gunpoint and it would mean he's a good guy after all.(Which possibly means Beckett Reid isn't his real name either?)Kat's decision on the other hand is deeply stupid, to the point that I don't even know what she's playing at.Surely as a police officer she'd know that keeping shtum is the worst idea she could have?I can understand her feeling guilty that Justin and Scarlett got hurt (and, as H&Alover said, some poor souls just lost their holiday cabin...somewhere there's a warning note on a hotel owners' forum telling them not to let anyone from Summer Bay stay because there's bound to be a disaster) but she's only got to wait a few more days and pulling out isn't going to deter anyone, they'll probably come after her anyway just to make sure she can't talk.

After Justin and Scarlett seemed closer than ever yesterday, suddenly he's the guy on the outer watching her and Caleb.It was good of him to get Sarah to call him, not that he got any thanks even after probably saving Scarlett's life.Large splinter aside, she was in pretty good shape for someone that had just been in an exploding building: Maybe Novak set the bomb to concentrate on the bedroom? By the way, given that dawn came and went and they'd only just gone to bed when Robbo found the bomb, just how long was he round the front looking for Kat? (Scarlett did get the blanket that Justin sent Kat for at some point, so maybe Robbo brought that back and then went looking again?)

Meanwhile, another Morgan's love life is looking down.I spent most of the episode pondering that even though Mason got permission from the hospital to take Beth out, I was hoping that he'd let her parents know... and then the promo indicates he didn't! Hopefully there'll be a friendly doctor who isn't his sister around to exonerate him, although the fact she took her oxygen out probably didn't help.

I'm just imagining Harry Hill skewering the explosion if he was still doing TV Burp.

Harry: Justin bears the brunt of  Deadly Flatulence on Home and Away this week!

*Clip of explosion  and Justin sent flying*

Harry: Cor! That's a spicy one! *waves hand*

(God, I could have supplied him so much material for that show) :lol:

So for the third time Mason selfishly decides to enjoy himself with Beth and she relapses.

Once again Robbo proves to be impressive finding the bomb and getting all bar Scarlett out of the house before it went off.  I thought it was quite selfless of Justin to call Caleb but if he hadn't it would have looked really bad on his part.  Can't say I'm too unhappy that Caleb wants Justin to stay away from Scarlett as I'm not keen on them anyway.

I found it really funny when Kat got all hysterical as Novak was about to off her.  Good acting.

So, goodbye, Beth.I wouldn't say Mason's actions were selfish and it's extremely debatable whether anything he did hastened her death.What he did do was make her last few weeks happy, and that's possibly the most precious thing he could have given her.Usually in storylines like this, we know the girl's doomed from the start but here Beth's death was potentially avoidable, adding to the tragedy.It again shows up the problems of a system that relies on putting grieving relatives on the spot at the worst time of their lives...but if Beth had got Ella's heart, then the person who'll get it now might have ended up dying.An imperfect system for an imperfect world indeed.I'm not quite sure why Alan and especially Jackie, who seemed more understanding and would surely know Beth wouldn't want his career ruined, have made a complaint against Mason, or even what it's about.If it's about taking her out of hospital, then that was OKed by people a lot further up the food chain than him and presumably a less biased person than Tori would say it didn't make a difference as well. If it's about interfering with Brendan's decision, that seems a bit removed from them and, even with the suggestion they've complained to the university rather than the hospital, it seems a bit unfair to be punished twice for the same thing.

Again...what the heck is Irene doing? I mean, she's behaving a bit more sensibly than the people who let a dangerous sociopath out on the streets without telling his victims... Actually, no, she's not.Because instead of leaving him somewhere semi-secure where his case worker's keeping an eye on him, she's turned him loose where he can go wherever he wants.There doesn't even seem to be an AVO in place this time.Does she really think Mick's word counts for anything?Knowing him, I wouldn't be surprised if he got himself beaten up on purpose so she'd feel sorry for him.

And just how do Ben and Maggie think they can pull off this "Don't stress Coco" thing? Are they expecting her not to notice that there's a whole person missing from the house?

So Ben likes Game of Thrones.  Well he can't be all bad!

I've been absolutely disgusted with Mason.  His whole attitude since he started practicing medicine and the manner in which he has conducted himself since he dated Beth has been highly annoying.  Because of his selfishness Beth's parents never got to say goodbye to their daughter.  They knew her her whole life and he's known Beth for 5 minutes.  Even the way he was at the operating table and pushing Brendan out the way when he tried to approach him just had me shaking my head (When I saw Brendan in yesterday's episode I actually thought Beth had a chance).  And it was annoying how we had to sit through him sobbing and have a significant portion of that episode about him.  I don't blame Beth's parents for lodging a complaint, I would feel extremely bitter towards Mason if I was in their position.  And I think it's good that he's quit medicine.  He will probably act like a drama queen at Beth's funeral like he did today.  I don't have one iota of sympathy for him but I don't think I can take watching him like this for any sustained period of time.  Although I'm sure in less than 3 months when the next bit of skirt comes along he will fall in love with her.

Mixed feelings about Tori, whilst I felt she was very good with Brendan when he apologised for not making the decision to let his wife be an organ donor sooner, she's handled Mason very badly.  Once again she's been unprofessional regarding him i.e. about to call time of death but deciding to go on.  Even if they had been able to revive Beth there's a strong possibility she could have been brain damaged.  You could argue for Tori's sake, him quitting is probably a good thing.

Justin I thought was OK.  He was calm and sympathetic towards all parties and tried not to get involved too much but just be there.

Found Ash getting annoyed about Mick funny again.  Although I did quite like the scenes with Mick and Irene and I actually felt sorry for Mick after he got beaten up.  I think I like where this storyline is going.  Irene's maternal side wants to help Mick but she's at odds with herself because he's done such bad things.  I don't believe for one second that he's rehabilitated.  Not in that period of time.  And given he's a serial rapist I suspect he will have problems finding a job.  Will be interesting to see how Irene continues to handle things from here.

1 hour ago, Slade said:

Found Ash getting annoyed about Mick funny again.  Although I did quite like the scenes with Mick and Irene and I actually felt sorry for Mick after he got beaten up.  I think I like where this storyline is going.  Irene's maternal side wants to help Mick but she's at odds with herself because he's done such bad things.  I don't believe for one second that he's rehabilitated.  Not in that period of time.  And given he's a serial rapist I suspect he will have problems finding a job.  Will be interesting to see how Irene continues to handle things from here.

This is almost like that Frank Bernard storyline on Emmerdale in 2004, where Pearl's son came to village to stay with her for two weeks on parole (did time for raping a neighbour.) A lot of people (rightfully) took against it and either shunned or harassed him. Scott kicked 7 kinds out of him because he thought he'd harmed his sister Donna (went to see if she was okay after falling off her scooter). The Ironic thing is while the Villagers held Frank in contempt, they were more disgusted with Scott's actions (which got him a 12 month suspended sentence). This lead the ripple effect of Pearl and Len leaving the village for a bit, contemplating settling in Cheshire near Sean and Tara.

Archived