Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Australia do have the same system we have here, doesn't matter if  the person who has died is on the register if their next of kin had no idea about it they can decide not to donate the organs. I bet Ellie meant to tell her husband lots of times about her wishes but never got round to it, always thinking there'd be plenty of time. Finding out when they have died so suddenly like that is not the best time to ask. Timely reminder to all who are on the register to tell their loved ones now! I do sympathise with Mason, and being a med student he knows more than your average man or woman in the street about Beth's condition, and of course he is desperate for her to get a new heart, but what he did was unforgivable, harassing the poor man like that.  How would he have felt if the situation had been reversed? Once again he's put Tori in an impossible position, she can't keep covering up for him, it's putting her own career on the line. The second time around he was calmer but then used emotional blackmail by taking the husband to see the condition Beth was in, using her as a side show was distasteful. I must say her parents seemed pretty laid back about it having Mason show Beth off to a perfect stranger. Never a senior doctor around when you need one.

I was wondering about Tori and if she'd finish with Ash after seeing him lose it like that, but she obviously thought about it and has decided to give him another chance.  He's promised he'll try to keep a lid on his temper which is all he can do. Wasn't sure he should have demanded Irene wasn't to give Mick a reference at his hearing.  Her talk with Leah was somewhat sad as for no reason she still feels guilty about how Mick has turned out, it was nothing to do with her, it was whoever brought him up.  She had no choice about giving him up, he was taken off her.  That still must have been one hard conversation she had with him saying she had to say no to his request.  He is only clever guy though to me it seemed he was telling the parole board exactly what he knew they wanted to hear. So where was he headed when he just walked out of the facility with that look on his face.  I'm guessing Irene, VJ and Ash will be informed he's out on parole so now they'll be on edge waiting for him to turn up. He's no doubt been told to keep away from the bay and not to have any contact with them, but wasn't that the conditions last time? Returning to the difference between Kane and Mick as has been said Kane wasn't a relative, no child involved, plus wasn't Mick supposed to be a serial rapist?

See the Astoni family are back to 'normal' squabbling and sniping at each other. Leah was very discreet with the way she questioned Maggie about how Coco was, making out it was to do with Maggie's ordeal at school. She was pretty subtle when she took the meal over to them, using the 'I knew you'd be too busy to cook so I've brought this moussaka over' ploy. Ziggy has got the wrong end of the stick but it didn't stop her tormenting Coco about it, but then that is what sisters do, only a few weeks ago all loving remember. Wonder if Coco meant what she said about seeing the school counsellor when they went back or just said it to keep Leah quiet. All academic now by the look of things, she's not just fainted but fitted which puts it at a whole different level. They are all going to feel guilty but as I've said before anorexics and bulimics  get very good at hiding their symptoms from loved ones. Seeing the scenes of Coco in hospital she is still denying anything is wrong.

Forget to mention: Elle and Brendan have the same surname as Justin's daughter Ava and her family! (Probably no-one noticed.I did see that their surname wasn't given in the credits...)

Anyway...We get the inevitable scene of Ben and Maggie blaming Leah, even though she probably told them at the right time.Makes it hard to get behind them (Maggie's snobby looks at Tori at the hospital were particularly annoying) and I couldn't even get behind Coco much with her initial denial.I hope the show doesn't now go down the route that because Ben and Maggie know about the bulimia it's suddenly magically better. Meanwhile, Ziggy was awful again.She was ridiculously dismissive at the hospital (probably because she didn't want to lose her leverage), then even though she's the first one to work out what's wrong she takes time out to, for the second time in recent weeks, lambast someone for something she's doing herself (she could easily have told Ben and Maggie what she overheard but instead tried to use it to her advantage).Then, after her almost absurd attempt to play the caring sister while failing to acknowledge the pressure she's put Coco under...she takes the coward's way out and does it again! Not only does she run away from the consequences of her actions, she doesn't even have the decency to confess in her farewell note, meaning Coco is still under pressure to either lie to her parents or tell them something that's going to upset them!

I thought when the vandalism was mentioned last week that it was just to set up Maggie's paranoia when Raffy broke in, so I was surprised to see it referenced again.It was nice to see Robbo trying to help out, even if he got quickly sidetracked.But, um, didn't we get Hunter neglecting his studies to help Olivia last year?Does he want to fail again?

I think we've reached the point where insane Oz scheduling means we get random promos at the end of our episodes: That one looked like it was for more than the next episode.(For anyone not au fait with Oz TX dates, Australia got the next three episodes as a triple-bill.)

So it was Maggie lambasting Leah for not saying anything about Coco not Ben, she of course did have a point, Leah would definitely have a go at someone hiding a secret about VJ. Tori couldn't say anything despite Ben's protests that Coco was their daughter, but Leah wasn't under the same restrictions and she did wrestle with her conscience about it. Alf without knowing the story gave his usual wise advice. It had got a whole lot more serious than Coco just throwing up and fainting. I noticed Ziggy worked it our first but she didn't know what she was overhearing just Leah advising Coco getting help from a school counsellor. Naturally Ben & Maggie asked themselves the usual question why they didn't know, but it was only by accident that Leah discovered what she was doing as did VJ though the thought she was bulimic wouldn't have crossed his mind. Although Coco is at the moment angry with Leah it must really be a relief it's out in the open at last, though just talking to them won't solve it she will need to speak to a counsellor who won't judge or blame themselves putting more pressure on Coco. I did think Coco was unfair to blame Ziggy for it all, she'd been bulimic before she discovered Ziggy's secret, though granted it didn't help.  Ziggy has done what she is good at running away form her troubles, just leaving a cursory note.  I bet Ben & Maggie won't tell Coco because they don't want to upset her but of course she knows why she has done it.  Noticed in the trailer Ben marches round to Brody and grills him (food related pun not intended).

Olivia is in clothes designer overdrive driving Hunter bonkers but I did wonder if he found it so noisy why he didn't retire to their room.  She promises him one moment she'll let him get on with his studies next she's asking 'btw, could you...'. Now she's got caught up in the Fund Raiser, putting more pressure on him, he's certainly got a lot of patience!  

Was the vandalism of the roller doors and the theft of money & food a random act or will there more to it than that? Last time there were food thefts going on it turned out to be Robbo, but he didn't vandalise anything.  Mick's not back in the bay already is he? Lovely idea of Robbo's to set up a Fund Raiser but it did get high jacked and has snowballed into something a lot bigger.  Nice scene between Brody and Marilyn discussing his missing cooking but that it brought back bad memories for him.

Of course there is the  'someone is hiding and watching someone' music, plus the shots from behind the trees which is another clue someone is being spied on.  This time it was Robbo walking across the park in a very fetching towel.:blush::wink: Was the guy in the van drone man or someone new, he's obviously involved in whatever Robbo's past was, asked Robbo if he knew him from somewhere but of course Robbo just gave him a blank look.

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Tori was in four.

Whoops, my bad: Yesterday's trailer was just for this episode! So I should probably learn from my mistakes and not try and predict what today's promo covered...

Well, the fundraiser went off well and it was nice to see a disparate group of characters pitching in.Brody gets a job offer from Irene and Marilyn at the only restaurant in town he didn't used to own.Alf did a good job as MC and John, er, tried his best as resident cook, although we didn't get to see much of Marilyn and Olivia's stalls.And Justin proved a good friend to Scarlett (with a bit of prompting from Kat) by getting her to come along and enjoy herself despite her quandary.If the vandalism is collected to the graffiti from last week, then it's unlikely to be Mick who hadn't been released then.

I'm tempted to speculate that that text wasn't from Ziggy but I'm probably giving her too much credit: It'd be typical of her recent behaviour for her to throw Brody under the bus to divert suspicion from herself. While it's true that Coco needs their attention more at the moment, Ben and Maggie seemed to ultimately adopt an attitude so blasé it would only be adopted by people whose storyline needs to take a few episodes off.

I'm assuming the trial Kat referred to was the police corruption one, which presumably involves more than just Dylan given that he's missing presumed dead? So it seems Novak (as he's named in the credits) does know Robbo, given that he expected Robbo to recognise him.My first thought was that his following him seems to make no sense in the circumstances, but then I saw the promo and went "Ah, okay..."

I find it interesting the position Justin's in with regards to Scarlett in that he was like that with her previously - Still hung up over Phoebe, slept with the lady who bought Salt.  So seeing her being unsure about Caleb now seems like a role reversal.  As I mentioned before given how much effort Caleb went to find Scarlett and the amount of effort she went to to avoid being found I find it hard to believe he's just gone like that.  Watching Justin I still think he has tendencies to act like an idiot and I don't find him that interesting although he's nowhere near as bad as Mason and I did like that he stuck of for Brody re Ben again.  Interestingly he sang to Scarlett like he sung to Phoebe previously.

Ben continues to remind me fairly frequently why I hate him.  Again just the manner in which he approached Brody and demanded that he tell him where Ziggy is even though Brody had nothing to do with her disappearing in fact he didn't even appear to know she had gone (If I was in Brody's position I would have told Ben to get lost).  Don't really have much sympathy for Ziggy TBH.  i really don't care that she was present when Maggie got injured all those years ago or that she kept it from her.  I just don't like the way she's acted towards Coco.  Given how Maggie was with Leah (even though that wasn't completely unexpected) and that voice of hers is annoying me again, In fact it's really doing my head in.  So much so that I'm actually looking forward to seeing her reaction when presumably the truth comes out about Ziggy.  I'm guessing Ben will probably throw Ziggy out for sure.  This is of course assuming she returns to the bay.

Forgot to say two good things now Coco's secret is out (1) she'll have her mum and dad's backing and (2) even more importantly Jenny hasn't got a hold over her anymore. Good to know she is seeing a counsellor. I knew Maggie wouldn't tell Coco about Ziggy doing a runner, though she can't keep if from her for long, how many excuses can she and Ben think up?  Myself I do think the text was from Ziggy if only to shut Ben & Maggie up. That 'You were right about Brody' text was cryptic, seeing as he had nothing to do with why she left. Ben & Maggie were about the same age as Ziggy is now when they had her so I kind of like that contemplative moment they had together and agreed that for now they need to concentrate on Coco.  Certainly looks like she's got herself into some bad bother this week.

The fund raiser did go well seeing as how quick it was put together, glad Robbo got the credit for thinking of it.  Loved his bemused expression and Kat saying 'that's how we roll in the bay', it must have felt good to feel a part of something.  I'm guessing Caleb has left to give Scarlett space to think about his offer to get back together, she's certainly torn, she and he had history before what happened to Max so it does need considering though you can overthink things like that, maybe she needs to stop thinking about it for a while.  Scarlett, Justin, Kat & Robbo made a good foursome, knew there'd  be cries of fix when he pulled the winning ticket with name on!:P  Had to smile when Robbo said to Justin about the weekend in the cabin, 'yeh, ask friends I can't remember'. So glad Irene finally put her foot down about how Olivia has been hogging all Hunter's study time, only two weeks before HSC you know!

Trust John to provide the comic turn with his bangers, going from nearly able to walk about on their own to cremated!  Thank God Brody could take no more and stepped in  to save the day and people from food poisoning.:wink: Smashing idea of Irene & Maz to offer Brody part time work at the Diner, I thought Salt was the only other restaurant in town?  How long before he wants to completely overhaul the menu?

I was wondering about the corruption trial and if they had forgotten about it again, but then Kat mentions it. Of course total coincidence Kovak turns up.  He was obviously confused by Robbo not recognising him, but is seems they served together, as he confides in Robbo this week,  and I'm thinking not in any Australian forces, the cops had ruled them out Totally my theory, again, but maybe Robbo and Kovak, likely others, had turned to being free lance after they left whatever force they in. I had trouble making out what he was saying (was that a South African accent?) when he was getting ready to follow them so  couldn't hear what he was saying to the guy on the other end of the phone. Two things puzzled me about Robbo, why didn't he ask Alf who the guy was, of course his name, assuming he gave Alf his real name, wouldn't have meant anything and why didn't he tell Kat about him?  Certainly some dramatic scenes to come this week going by the trailers.

I kind of wish the show had just done a nice character piece of Justin, Scarlett, Kat and Robbo taking a weekend break together rather than having to tack on a life or death drama.There was some good stuff between them, especially Justin and Scarlett, in the midst of the guy from the Guild of Identical Assassins sneaking around.Even though the promo's pretty much given it away (and also shown us both Justin and Scarlett in better shape than the end of the episode implied), from the actual episode there's really no clue as to why Novak would want to blow any of them up.Given that Robbo's lost his memory, that seems like a perfect way of drawing his attention.Robbo also seemed to only make a token effort to warn Scarlett about the bomb, to the point of running out without her as soon as Kat was safe.It's hard to tell if his holding Justin back stopped him warning her or stopped him being more seriously hurt.

Some more rather cute stuff between Mason and Beth.It's appropriate that Mason received some sort of censure but I'm glad they haven't closed the door completely.However, given Nate's grousing about the lack of alternatives, he may find it hard to get another hospital placement:Is he going to have to commute to the city? Brody working at the Diner might not be the brainwave it seemed especially with Irene working really hard not to lose her bet with John.

Archived