Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Well, Scarlett handled things better than it looked like she was going to last episode...to the point of it not really matching up.If she was going to leave the screwdriver there for the police to find, why didn't she put it back straightaway instead of holding onto it?Anyway, I can't disagree with McCarthy's assessment of Kat: She did push too hard to lay charges in order to show she wasn't playing favourites with Brody and she should have organised a proper search.Mind you, glad as I am that Brody's off the hook, the set-up doesn't make much sense and there's a lot of unanswered questions.Did someone else stab Jay or did he stab himself or fall on the screwdriver?How did his blood end up on Brody's shoes?Why did Jay still have the screwdriver, covered in blood no less?Wouldn't he have cleaned it by now at least?And Scarlett's very lucky that Jay backed down so easily, since given the timeframe an absence of fingerprints didn't necessarily prove anything, they could easily have been wiped off (including by her when she tampered with the evidence...).I found Justin having a dig at Kat to diminish him more than anything else.And while Kat has brought it on herself, she had a bit of a point with Scarlett at the end: If Scarlett really does want her to do her job, then she should arrest her, can't have it both ways.Scarlett's "You shouldn't have left it lying around" was a pretty poor excuse for breaking the law: Would she take money from Kat's purse with the same justification?

Brody really has played into Ben's hands by breaking up with Ziggy.Even though it was down to him, Ben gets to put all the blame on Brody and play the doting father: It's rather frustrating to see things go back to normal between him and Ziggy so quickly.Similarly, it was hard to stomach him patting himself on the back at finding out what's wrong with Ziggy when her looking at the clippings suggests he hasn't even come close. I thought her counsellor was just a cover story to see Brody, H&Alover?

John trying to get rid of Robbo just because Marilyn can't keep her eyes to herself felt rather unfair on the poor guy and he's only succeeded in making more work for Alf.Who, I notice, is back without any acknowledgement that he's been away.I am thus keeping an eye out to see if some future episode will act as though he's only just come back...

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't like the way Leah said Coco's becoming attached to VJ.  I suppose she has a point but she's simply witnessing a normal school girl crush.  The real question is does VJ feel the same?  Coco seems to think he does.

As hot as Scarlett was looking (and it's always good to see those nice legs of hers) not only did she annoy me by breaking the law but it was just her smugness after Brody was exonerated when she was with Justin at Salt.  I did find it funny when McCarthy said "This is sloppy Chapman".  Justin annoyed me when he had a dig at Kat though - He didn't seem to have a problem with her police work when they were in witness protection.  I absolutely loved it when Kat had a go at Scarlett.  She deserved it.  And I don't blame Kat for getting annoyed.  She interrupts  her when she's about to do the business with Robbo and she affects her chances of going for the detective position (although admittedly Kat really has herself to blame regarding that and given her track record there's an argument she shouldn't even be back at the force).  If they don't sort this out quickly somebody is going to have to make alternative living arrangements.

I  really wish Marilyn would learn when to STFU.  If she knew Kat was on a date perhaps she shouldn't have jumped in like that.  And John also really annoyed me so I was actually glad Marilyn asked Robbo to do odd jobs around the house for them, which will annoy him even more although I'm going to have to be subjected to his childish jealousy.

I'm guessing after Brody's court case is over and he's 'cured' from his drug addiction he's going to want to get back with Ziggy so it will be interesting to see what happens then.  I do understand that she feels betrayed as she supported him after what happened with Zannis and he still finished with her.

Ben pretty much annoys me most of the time as does Maggie (although I thought she looked quite fetching in her dressing gown).  I was hoping that Ziggy would give both of them the cold shoulder for a little while longer.  He tries to force Ziggy to break up with Brody and blames Brody when he does the decent thing and finishes with her.  Still at least the fact Ziggy opened up to Ben and not Maggie hurt her.  So not all bad!

I don't think Scarlets lawyer instincts have fully returned otherwise she would have played dumb to Kat about finding the crack house address in Kats bag. Afterall, Kat couldn't be sure or prove Scarlet had gone through her bag. I think she'll be returning to the caravan park soon, I don't see how she can share the flat with someone prosecuting her client and I don't think Kat will trust her now. Add to that Scarlets disapproval of Robbo...  I thought it was rich Kat tried to blame Scarlet for scuppering her promotion chances, she did that all by herself.

I agree that Ben is annoying I think he should lock himself in his shed and shape boards for a while! Maggie is the most attractive headmistress I've ever seen, I'd always be in trouble at Summer Bay High :-) 

So, Ash and Tori use one of Roo and Harvey's old tricks of being so annoying that their dates hook up with each other...although it was Justin that was really annoying and I think he should have stayed on Team Stay Out Of It rather than charging in the way he did.(Mind you, Tori's hideously exaggerated laughter came a close second.)This isn't the first time someone's run away after kissing Ash...In fact, Justin has form in this area too, I seem to remember him sabotaging one of Phoebe's dates.Irene continues to be inconsistent with what she actually wants.Maybe she was just after another baby to be creepy over.

I'm kind of glad that Kat and Scarlett sorted out their differences, they were both in the wrong although I really didn't appreciate Scarlett's continued arrogance here even if she did eventually back down.It seemed to be a bit of a theme with Marilyn convincing John to admit he was being a drongo and mend some bridges with Robbo...although her comparison might have felt a bit more apt if she hadn't been rather unsupportive when John was in a similar position.

Wow that was some row between Scarlett & Kat wouldn't have wanted to get caught in the middle of that!  Trouble is both are passionate about their jobs and  McCarthy agreed with you Red Kat did go from one extreme to the another - defending Robbo who's she's only just met to wanting to pin a crime on Brody who she's known for a while now just to prove she wasn't being biased. Quite a few holes in the whole Scarlett poking around Jay's place, what was with her taking a photo of it then putting it back where she found it, why did he still have it - it didn't have Brody's prints on it, just Jay's blood which he did confess - off camera - that he'd fallen on.  Brody could have been standing nearby when it happened so got blood splatter on his shoes. I also found it odd that girl that let Scarlett in seemed to have disappeared, wasn't she only supposed to have gone to the shop? If she did come back in the interim wouldn't she have mentioned a strange woman turning up looking to score? I would have thought it would have been normal police procedure to search Jay's place after searching the Morgan's place and her eagerness to get Brody banged up it's that which cost Kat her being considered for detective. Of course the only person she could call would be Justin seeing as he's Brody's brother, I did like their spat outside. This secret they've now got could it be a way for them to get back together?

As I said before Kat may have been remiss taking her work home with her but she isn't the first cop to do so and she won't be the last. Scarlett opened Kat's bag and poked around her papers to find what she was looking for. What she did was illegal and Kat could have arrested her.  But it would have blown the case apart and Brody would have been back under suspicion.  Once the air had been cleared between them - with the help of a glass or six of wine - they've decided to draw a line under it and move on.  Scarlett wouldn't have known Robbo was staying over and he sounded OK with it.

So now even with the threat he won't be going to prison, hopefully, Brody isn't looking to get back together with Ziggy as much as it's hurting them both.  He'll never be 'cured' Slade, he'll be like Irene a recovering addict, seems he was off to the city anyway to a NA meeting before his court case next week.  Naturally Ben is going to defend his girl by being annoyed Brody dumped her rather than the other way round and of course saying she was too good for him. I think she's seeing a counsellor otherwise I think someone would have been in touch with Ben or Maggie saying she hadn't been attending sessions. There is definitely something going on connected with that newspaper headline about the vandals breaking into the school where Maggie was a teacher. I could be totally wrong and putting blame on Ziggy where there isn't any but maybe she was involved somehow which could be the 'bad thing' she has mentioned and  is distant with Maggie because she feels guilty.

That was a quiet return by Alf just sitting in the Diner dispensing his usual advice, Morag must be better and told Alf to get himself back home as he was driving her mad!  One in one out as Roo went to the city the other day.

Tori was so annoying still refusing to believe Leah when she said Ash was into her because she didn't want to be rebound girl which is fair enough, but when Justin confirmed it still maintained she was over him. So Colin isn't a rebound boy (man) then?   Of course both couples Ash and Felix's/Phoenix's mum - didn't catch her name - and Colin and Tori both have to go to Salt and Ash has to sit himself in Tori's eyeline so they could watch each other.  To be fair to Ash he wasn't flirting with the mum but Tori was so over the top with Colin with her false laugh which he did see straight through, could be the start of a beautiful friendship (or more) between Colin and ?  Was there another time jump, I'm sure it was still bright and sunny when Ash went after Tori but when he caught up with her the sun was going down.:unsure: She seemed quite happy with that snog so why the running off after no wonder Ash looked nonplussed. :rolleyes:

I loved it when John was whinging to Marilyn about Robbo being a blodger I think they call it when he ran by and she called out 'Hi Robbo' and he answered 'Hi Maz' and John got all huffy at Robbo being familiar. Then John remarking he didn't know what the ladies in the town saw in him and Maz's eyes followed Robbo back down the beach and she said  'Oh I do'. :D  Did John know Alf was back when he suggested to Robbo Alf was getting fed up with him but as he was a patient type of guy - we are talking about the same Alf  are we? - he wouldn't say anything.  The look on John's face when he went home and found Robbo unblocking the sink.  Maz tapping her inner Alf by being all wise and reminding John how it felt for him when he had been unsure of what he may or may not have done because he couldn't remember and how the town (or some of them) had turned on him and he's not a stranger.  he was supportive when he was delving into his past. I liked his and Robbo's talk about being scared of raking up old memories because you don't know what they will bring back. John seems to have come round to the thinking Robbo is a good guy at heart. Btw I had a feeling the tool box we saw on the sea bed was the same one we saw Robbo carrying when Dylan held him up, but then he was using one the same colour when he was doing the work at John & Maz's or is red a standard colour for tool boxes in Australia? I don't want to be a cynic but could that 'hold up' been faked, Dylan appeared to look straight at the CCTV camera and wouldn't people at the marine have recognised Robbo?

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

He'll never be 'cured' Slade, he'll be like Irene a recovering addict

Which was why I used quotes.

Oh dear.  It was worse than I thought.  Not only does VJ not fancy Coco but he was starting to see her as a nuisance.  I did find Leah's facial expression quite funny when she was talking to VJ about it and Coco turned up to see him.  I accept he did the right thing but I still felt sorry for her.  And he used the "I'm not ready" excuse.  Although I do accept in his case it's probably true.  I'm not surprised she started binge eating immediately afterwards and then forced herself to throw up.  Although this does demonstrate precisely why people with problems like these shouldn't be involved in relationships until it is under control.  It was nice of Raffy to ask if Coco was OK.  She's such a sweet kid.

Thought Olivia came across really badly in that episode.  Hunter's line to Ash about escaping the sweatshop was spot on.  She just treated everybody like a subordinate, ordering them about, not letting them take breaks and acting like a schizophrenic.  I felt really sorry for Raffy when she called her stupid, especially when I saw how hurt she looked.  She's anything but stupid.  She's really not having a good at the moment.  First Coco isn't really a good friend to her (Although at least she's got the bulimia as an excuse) and then Olivia another person she's supposed to be on good terms with does this.

During yesterday's episode I found myself almost agreeing with an earlier comment about being fed up how they were tiptoeing around the whole will they/won't they with Ash and Tori that I wanted something to happen.  I did find Justin quite amusing when he told Tori he knew Ash was serious about fancying her because Ash told him.  I also found it funny that Ash confided in Hunter again despite Hunter opening his big mouth and then next scene it was right back to Leah giving Tori advice although Hunter did him a favour this time.  At least something is happening now.  It will be interesting to see what Kat makes of it.

I did feel a little bit sorry for Mason when Beth's dad told him to stay away.  It wasn't so much what he said but the way he said it.  I've no doubt Mason is committed to her.   I remember the dad from Neighbours - Stu Parker.  I actually thought the mum was as well but realised she was younger than the character I was thinking of.

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I think she's seeing a counsellor otherwise I think someone would have been in touch with Ben or Maggie saying she hadn't been attending sessions.

I thought it was something Ziggy had supposedly arranged herself but not really, so it's not a case of someone booking sessions and her not turning up, there are no sessions.

Yep, Stuart Parker there.And it seems being warned off by overbearing fathers runs in the family: All we need now is for Scarlett's father to turn up and tell Justin to stay away from her.But I can't see Mason reacting like Brody and just quietly going along with it.It's ironic that Mason seems to have accepted the reality of Beth's situation better than her parents, who still think wrapping her in cotton wool is doing her a favour.I did cringe though when his attempt to explain the car crash just saw him digging a deeper and deeper hole.

I think VJ likes Coco's company but was being standoffish with her because he didn't want her to think he likes her in the same way she likes him.Which couldn't have carried on indefinitely, so from that perspective Olivia's advice was pertinent and in theory they can still be friends.But yeah, really not a good time for Raffy these days as she gets yet another kick when she's the target of Olivia's fury after Olivia's been treating them all like slaves all day.It showed how bad things are that I was actually grateful that Hunter was with her to soften the blow a bit.I had a feeling that Olivia being snowed under with orders wouldn't be the cause for celebration she seemed to think...

I'm ambivalent towards Ash and Tori but it's telling that their big get-together was basically relegated to the C-plot here.And apparently Roo hadn't left town after all but now she has?

I think you're right Slade, Olivia did come across badly, it's a wonder she didn't get brought into line by Hunter. She should apologise to Raffy who was basically treated like dirt. Raffy is used to being around older people like her sister and the Morgans so Coco is no-good for her really. Coco is a flake, I can't sympathise too much with her teenage angst, it's just a cry for attention.

Glad Ash and Tori finally got together, it's strange how adults on H&A appear to behave like five year olds as they hook up, all gets a bit schmaltzy and disney. But at least love has tamed the beast that is Mason, pity it appears doomed as I'm sure we're going to get our emotions played in the near future. 

Just what we need another protective dad even allowing for the fact Beth is ill she is 21 not a teenager.  She is apparently well enough to go out on her own and drive in between her hospital visits. I wonder if that is why she didn't tell her parents about Mason because she knew they would object. That was one embarrassing moment when Mason introduced himself as Beth's boyfriend and Beth burst out with 'Surprise!'  I suppose Mason would be more accepting of her condition seeing as he is a med student.  Their molly coddling must be so soul destroying whereas her time with Mason makes her feel 'normal'.  Being with him is making her happy which must be better for her total well being than being stuck on the sofa watching daytime TV. Oh yes that conversation,' no I wasn't a passenger was driving' etc. etc, :blush: I felt like yelling someone take that spade away! I hope they can all come to some sort of agreement for Beth's sake

I don't think it's Scarlett's dad we have to worry about Red!:wink:

About flaming time Tori and Ash finally get together!!!:wub:   Tori can't keep giving up on a new relationship because she's had failures before, she'll never be with anyone otherwise. As long as they don't flaunt it too much, as in snogging each others faces off in public, so it doesn't look like they are rubbing Kat's face in it they'll  be OK.  The younger set do seem to be more adult than the adults when it comes to new relationships they just go for it. Hunter's throwing in his two pennyworth did help, his was an unbiased opinion.

Olivia certainly did turn into a boss from hell, I get she wants her new business to be a success, but using and abusing her friends who she press ganged into helping her isn't going to get her anywhere. Raffy definitely didn't deserve that tirade of abuse from Olivia.  Hunter perhaps wisely didn't step in he would have got more of the same 'you're a bloke, you wouldn't understand'! I'd love it if the mistake turned out to be hers so she would have to make grovelling apologies to Raffy and Coco.

I with you Red, I think VJ likes Coco as a friend and don't think he sees  as a nuisance, but that is all, and now he knows it's not Leah imagining things, but he took Olivia's advice well and did let her down sensitively.  It is only two years between them but he has been through more than your average 18 year old. On that matter Ben said the other day VJ wasn't the best example of parenthood, do he and Maggie know the full story with him, Billie and Luc? Naturally she denied she had any sort of feelings for him and sadly went on a binge eat and then made herself sick and she's not even in a relationship.   Being bulimic doesn't make Coco a flake and as she's keeping it secret as does anyone who is bulimic  hardly a cry for attention.

Archived