Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I guess maybe the Astonis have to pay overheads on the pier and that's why they need the extra income from having a business there?

So, we learn some more about the circumstances of Max's death: The fall didn't kill him outright but he presumably had a head injury that Scarlett didn't get seen to, which only adds to her guilt.It explains her rather intense reaction to Justin's injury and I guess she was right if perhaps over-cautious.Seems like it's put the brakes on them for now, though.

Beth's character seemed to change a bit today, seeming less confident and oddly affected by the way Mason wanted to spend time with her.I guess maybe she saw dressing up as a nurse and being silly with Mason as a bit of a distraction from the seriousness of her normal life and didn't really expect him to actually like her: She might not get to spend a lot of time with people, given that she seems to be spending all her time at the hospital.

Robbo's story takes a dark turn and reminds us that for all the light-hearted stuff he's got lately, something must have happened to make him the way he is.There are an awful lot of unanswered questions and it's hard to think of a solution to all of them.I think I might have missed something because I'm not quite sure where Gosford comes into it? But they were obviously on the right track anyway.Could Robbo have seen his girlfriend killed and that's caused him to block out his past?It makes more sense perhaps than a blow to the head doing it.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind being rescued by Scarlett and receiving the kiss of life.  Justin's a very lucky guy.

So we went from Scarlett in her underwear in one scene to Kat in her bikini in the very next scene.  Well....she seems to have gotten over Ash pretty quickly.

Shame about them finding the body of the woman in the photo with Robbo.  What a waste!

Whilst I don't find Mason interesting at all I am curious about Beth and her backstory now that Mason knows she's a patient.

I said Nasty Nick was a slimeball, all charming when things are going his way and people are on his side, but the moment they challenge him he switches moods, calling Leah manipulative when she suggested maybe he relook at the Heritage listing idea and accusing her of being influenced by the Astonis, Leah isn't easily influenced by anyone.  I can see him making problems for Leah and Alf now because they didn't roll over.  Alf may have been sitting quietly in the background but I did like how he called Nick a wombat, :Dvery insulting to wombats though. Ben tells it to you straight and even Maggie got the sharp end of his tongue because if she hadn't suspended Jenny none of this would have happened. He did apologise later recognising she was doing her job, wouldn't matter who daughter/son it was their behaviour deserved a suspension.  Seems a good idea by Alf, Ben can start his business off slowly and I don't think there is another surf board supplier/repairer in the bay.

OK Ziggy you were still floating on a cloud after your 'therapy', but like Red and Slade said she really didn't need to share with Irene who's looking out for Brody who is in early stages of recovery and knows the pitfall. Olivia thought it was fun, but I'm not convinced, Ziggy still needs to talk it through with someone, she and Brody are just blocking it out. Another little reference to whatever Beth went through when she said therapy helped her. It was amusing her trying to get rid of Ben & Maggie so she could smuggle Brody in and his half hearted attempt of finishing it. Odd how he decided to go in and out, there must be a window in her room, hiding behind the wall until Ben & Maggie went in the kitchen diner one way and he slipped out the front  door. 

Yes another revelation from Scarlett about Max's death, that must have been so hard for her. I'm assuming she didn't think he had hit his head when he fell, just winded himself, it does now explain Caleb's behaviour as if she's not blaming herself enough. Justin  compressions just used mouth to mouth on Justin. I'm guessing he came round enough to enable Scarlett to get him to her/his car to drive back to the bay.  It seems the Morgan's have taken over from the Braxton's in how many times one of them can be hospitalised. 

I'm sure it was only the other day Mason was wearing his neck collar and couldn't move his hands, now he's free of the collar and moving about by himself  and bumps into Beth who did seem evasive specially when she got introduced to Tori.  Then Mason just happens to roll by her room where she's having treatment!  Now I swear I haven't been reading any spoilers but as I said on  a previous post Mason does initially think she was taking the pee, but she explains at least he has a chance of getting out of his chair.

Maybe wasn't perfect timing but Robbo asking Scarlett if she'd had any luck has pushed things on a bit, good surmise by her about his rose tattoo and maybe he had someone in his life called Rose.  Odd that Kat had no luck and Robbo isn't/hadn't been a cop or ex military so where did he learn those skills, unless someone in charge has expunged his record for whatever reason.:unsure:  Those were very flirty moments between Robbo and Kat. :blush:I'm supposing Kat was off duty when she and Robbo went on that trip to Gosford? Robbo did get that feeling he'd been at that house before and why had  those things been burnt, someone hoping to get rid of evidence? Naturally they did a bad job because that photo of Rob and Rose just survived. One moment Kat was wanting to wait for the local plod but the minute she smelt that smell she had to get in, normal police procedure if they think someone is in danger.  Hit job and Robbo managed to escape? Going out on a limb here, but could he have been an undercover cop and his cover was blown?

It's crossed my mind that Robbo might have got his combat training as a "freelance" or at least in another country, hence the Australian authorities having no record of him.So, it seems Rose died of natural causes in which case it may be as simple as her and Robbo having a bad break-up and her burning everything she has of him.Except...may be thinking too hard here but that's the perfect way of murdering someone and making it look innocent, holding a diabetic prisoner and deliberately sending their sugar levels out of whack, then letting nature take its course.(I saw someone try it in Coronation Street once.)Either way, Robbo deciding not to look into his past is a bit of a kneejerk and it's bound to catch up with him sooner or later.

I was a bit disappointed that Mason followed Raffy's advice and tried to sneak a look at Beth's files, although as it turns out he got it from the horse's mouth.So, it seems Nurse Beth was partly a break from her depressing real life and partly an attempt to help Mason in her own weird way.The bouncy stuff increasingly looks like it was an act but the scene of Mason going back to her was both funny and rather sweet.

So...it seems the conversations Maggie said she'd have with Roo and Raffy when they got back to school happened when we weren't looking?And Raffy's suddenly moving up to Year 10 in what appears to be the middle of the week?Maggie seemed to reverse her opinion of Roo by the end of the episode, anyway.Again, I should probably have sympathy for Coco but just ended up annoyed with her for being a bad friend to Raffy, leaving her to face Jennifer alone.But it did lead to the delicious moment when they got to give VJ a peek of Jennifer's true colours.Meanwhile, VJ seems to get ever more suspicious of Coco's behaviour...

So even Hunter and VJ are being better friends to Raffy in comparison to Coco. The boys were really cute with her, in a more generous mood after getting such good results. Proof again, that Hunter and Olivia are much better when they are interacting with other people rather than just themselves as a couple. 

I am slightly worried that with the Astoni girls, they are going to do with them, what they did to Olivia and her self harming. Introduce a very serious psychological issue, and then have that issue magically disappear because of a romantic relationship with a boy. Especially because Brodie needs to be focusing on his own recovery, and VJ deserves more than to be in yet another relationship, where he gives far more than he receives. So far, all of Coco's interactions with Raffy and VJ involve them propping her up, even though, arguably, they are/or have been worse things. 

Beth is cute and though I don't like Mason, I did enjoy their scenes. Beth was the perfect mix of funny and vulnerable there. 

So Kat has broken up with one hothead, only to start flirting with another? Girl definitely has a type. And from the promos, it looks like this will all help faciliate Ash/Tori. Yawn yawn yawn.

Everyone has been assuming Robbo must have been in the Australian forces or police but he could be a Kiwi, he does have enough military training to how to handle himself and wrong doers or he could have moved abroad,  I don't think they train you that well as a 'freelance'. I did spot another interesting tat, that one of a palm print on his right shoulder, looked a personal one rather than a gang type one. Was it said how long Rose had been dead and why had no-one from work missed her and enquired after her? Would they know who he is? Her neighbour lady certainly hadn't thought it odd she hadn't seen her and although she knew Robbo by sight she didn't know his name.  Even going on the theory she did die  of natural causes who covered her up, it did look to me at least someone didn't want her to be found right away so you're not thinking too hard Red.  Maybe Robbo is scared of what he may find out if his past is dug into too deep like he killed Rose or let her die and developed amnesia to block it out. I know Kat is kind of biased because he saved her, Brody and Ziggy plus she fancies him, but I think he's a good, decent guy just getting that vibe from him. I don't see him as a hothead, kept himself to himself mostly.A  thought did cross my mind, then I thought no we couldn't have another one  - WPP!:rolleyes:

Mason was sprung before he got the chance to look at Beth's notes and childish yes, but Beth did look through Mason's but at least in front of him. I'm glad he forgave her after initially losing it and I can understand why she did it, just wanted to be seen as your average person not a sick, dying girl and pretend for a while to be someone else. He would of course know exactly what her treatment involves and what her chances could be in getting a transplant in time. Beth saw in Mason's eyes what she sees in everyone else's eyes pity and not knowing what to say. Glad they both have decided to give it another go at being friends for now anyway. 

I think it was Maggie overhearing Hunter thanking Roo for helping him with her tutoring and then him actually telling Maggie it was that that helped got him good grades that changed her mind, she still wasn't pleased by Roo's interference with Raffy but saw past that and is more than happy to give Roo a proper teaching post once she's passed her exams and when a vacancy comes up.

I think John and Marilyn were making Raffy more nervous than she would have been normally, it was sweet of them, I liked how John asked VJ and Hunter to keep a discreet eye on her, bit cheeky them getting £50 out of John to pay for lunch, but at least they could include Coco. It was kind of sweet seeing Raffy unsure of herself, Jenny and her gang trying to undermind her and Coco did come back to bite her when Raffy told Jenny the table was reserved for supernerds.  Coco hasn't got Raffy's confidence to bat off Jenny's remarks.  I liked how VJ somehow realised something was up with Coco and followed her though all it has done is make her embarrassed he knows her secret.

Alf’s episode count this week: Three (and he was credited on Friday for no appearance).

So Coco proceeds to be an even worse friend to Raffy, pretty much joining in with the bullies. That said, could Jennifer actually end up as a sympathetic character? I mean, I hope they don’t go down the route of blaming it all on Nick, but it’d be nice if she had some depth to her. While she only seems to be befriending Coco because there’s something in it for her, it was interesting that she recognised the truth about Coco’s behaviour when VJ and Raffy didn’t: Was she telling the truth about doing the same thing herself?

I’m really not happy that Irene’s got what she wanted and got her hands on Luc, with the Pattersons increasingly left out in the cold (even if Leah didn’t seem to mind/notice). I wasn’t keen on the way she used Tori to get her own way either…and then proceeded to meddle in Ash’s love life in a questionable manner. Not for the first time, the show has killed any chance of me liking one of Ash’s relationships with the way it’s handled. It seems like every time he breaks up with someone, he’s got a replacement lined up, going straight from Denny to Phoebe to Kat to Tori.

I can’t say I have any interest in Hunter and Olivia as entrepreneurs.

That thought crossed my mind to Red about Jenny recognising the signs with Coco because she had been there. A lot of bullies no have a reason to bully someone who they see as weak because of their home life, I can definitely see Nick as being controlling and not that understanding as a dad.  Jenny does kind of have Coco in her power threatening if she doesn't set her up with VJ she'll tell.  Coco has fulfilled her side of the 'bargain' by arranging for VJ to teach Jenny about surfing. And OK it was Coco telling Jenny the table was reserved for loser nerds.  | did feel sorry for Raffy and her text to Coco was sad.

More tense scenes between Robbo and Kat, there is an attraction but neither wants to make the first move.

At least Irene admitted one of the reasons she wanted Ash and Luc to move in was so she could see more of Luc. She obviously couldn't have heard what was being said between Tori and Leah but their body language must have given something away. She was spot on though Ash does feel something for Tori but both have got to tread carefully, Tori has been in enough rebound relationships and with him staying with Irene the temptation for Tori to keep popping round is taken away. Rather awkward moment when it looked like Tori was going to get too up close and personal when Ash was musing over the photos of him and Kat.

So something Wally said did make an impression on Hunter, he's going to be Olivia's salesman for her web design business.

And there we have it - Beth is dying!  Mason annoyed me when he went through her papers but he's no stranger to taking liberties, telling Lara where they were when they were in witness protection and informing Careflight about Nate's injury.  I've just remembered who she reminds me of - Amy from Emmerdale.

Given how Raffy stood up to Jen before I'm surprised she let her push her around but I guess that's what moving up a year does to you.  Jen continues to show herself as an unpleasant individual.  I don't see why she was so suspicious after Coco being sick once during lunchtime (I find it hard to buy the Jen has been there before argument because if she has would she really have blackmailed Coco?)  Although the blackmail itself could have been a lot worse.    I was disappointed with Coco.  Not for sitting down with Jen.  I can completely see where she's coming from with that.  Jen knows about her bulimia and she's been bullying her since day one so I can understand if Jen is appearing to act nice Coco wouldn't want to ruin that.  The issue I had was the way she was with Raffy afterwards dismissing her as a nerd and completely ignoring the logic Raffy put to her about being friends with Jen even though she's been quite unpleasant to her.  And Raffy doesn't even know about the blackmailing.  Even though I feel really sorry for Raffy I can't be angry at Coco for that because I sympathise with her a lot.

Whilst I do think given his current situation it would be good for Ash to move in with Irene for the short term, watching the way she was when he picked Luc up from the Diner, I am wondering whether the comment about Irene offering Ash a room just to have Luc to herself may have an element of truth.

Tori has really got it bad.  Can't argue with Irene's advice for Ash to be honest although I'm sure a relationship with him and Tori would suit her as she can spend more time with Luc and babysit when they go on dates.  I don't think Ash was really sorry about seeing Tori naked.

Have to admit, when Hunter appeared to be giving Olivia the cold shoulder part of me was wishing when she asked him at Salt if the problem was her for him to pretend to dump her and tell her he was joking just to see her reaction.  Looks like they'll have to use Olivia's inheritance for this online business given that Hunter rejected the money Wally gave him.

Archived