Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Aussie money is plastic

That thought occurred to me later, the box must have been dropped overboard rather than thrown otherwise the items wouldn't still be in there.

Actually his confrontations with Brody was the calmest we have seen him, Ziggy just up and leaving really took the wind out of his sails.  Still can't help thinking he is over protective because of what happened to Maggie.:unsure:  Ziggy is very much her father's daughter very stubborn and I liked Justin taking the role of peace maker.  I thought they - him & Brody - put their case across very well though sadly it didn't work.  Brody is still in early recovery and he did get caught up in the relationship very quickly plus he doesn't want to see another family split up as he explained to Ben so I think is the reason why he broke it off with Ziggy. He knew she was unhappy being estranged from her mum and even more so her dad. At least Ziggy wasn't pig headed enough to go off on a strop and went home.

Well Hunter's idea of a fashion show started off with good intentions but soon went pear shaped with most of the guests being more interested in swigging the booze than looking at the designs.  I felt sorry for Liv she  put such a lot of effort into it. Btw she mentioned she was behind on her courses. Coco and Raffy back each other up, it's when their on their own they are more vulnerable and Jen knows that full well. Did her and her 'pals' smuggle that booze in, they must have thought it was hilarious getting a underage girl drunk which wouldn't have taken a lot.  What happened to Coco btw I thought she was already to go, nice thought of VJ getting that dress for her. She has now admitted to her mum she likes VJ more than as a friend but is happy to go along with what he wants.  It's not a very good start for the new owners getting raided by the cops with underage drinking going on, but if Salt weren't actually selling it could they be closed down? I dare say Nick will be brought into it as Jen was part of it but of course she's an innocent bystander - well will be according to him, it's other people's fault.

Alf's episode count: Suspended.

Well, Scarlett thought she had a bright idea but it mostly seems to have made things worse for Brody.It was bad luck the police bringing Jay through while Brody was there and probably should have been handled better.The ice den does seem a rather random element of Brody's recent history to bring up, they probably thought they were settled with Zannis out of the picture.(Are we going to get any word on what's happened to Lena?Is she still sneaking out of rehab for pick-me-ups?)Other than the misfire over making sure the coast was clear, I don't think you could fault Kat here, she had a job to do and did it as painlessly as possible, while Scarlett seemed to snap back to the annoyingly smug behaviour she demonstrated in some of her early appearances.

Elsewhere, kind of feels like we're treading water.Raffy moans that she's not fitting into Year 10 but decides to stick it out anyway.Olivia complains that her business isn't an instant success then gets a reason to be hopeful.Didn't we do this last week?Or the week before?At least we got a reference to Raffy coming home so it's not off the table yet.

I'd completely forgotten about the accident with Mason and Brody so didn't make the connection as to why he couldn't drive when he spent the afternoon with Beth.  It's a difficult one because watching the way she was with Mason when she came to visit him she genuinely seemed happy.  And she obviously makes Mason happy but the cynic in me thinks if Beth dies Mason would be worse off than before he met her.  So overall he would have gained nothing.

If Brody had gone with Ziggy to deliver the bad news I'm sure they wouldn't have needed to even tell Ben and Maggie as they probably would have just figured it out.  I found it funny when Ben thought VJ was a good kid initially.  Let's face it he only meant relatively speaking.  Even when he found the condom wrapper in the rubbish and immediately blamed VJ and Maggie pointed out to him that he was around the same age as Coco when they were going out his whole attitude (which basically sums him up) is do as I say not as I do.  Did he actually apologise to Leah for jumping to the wrong conclusion again?  Objectively I can understand why he doesn't want Ziggy dating Brody but he's just such an arsehole I find it close to impossible to support him.  I was actually cheering Ziggy when she looked him right in the eye and told him she was dating Brody when he asked and went on to tell him he was a control freak.  Even when he told her not to bother coming back when she said she was leaving it was purely about his ego.  He continued to be unpleasant as even when Coco came out to see what the commotion was about he shouted at her ordering her to go to her room.  When I saw the preview I was actually looking forward to the scene where Ziggy/Brody faced off against Ben/Maggie/Coco.  I really liked the way Ziggy stood her ground and wouldn't back down.  It's a shame Brody did the right thing and finished with her as I wouldn't have minded seeing Ben and Maggie suffer for a bit.

Given the exchange with Olivia on the beach when Coco texted VJ and Coco's conversation with Maggie about liking him and believing that the feeling was mutual I believe they are on the path to romance at some point.  Whilst I would like to see that I quite like the fact that they are friends and I enjoy seeing them as just friends with no real pressure to date.  They seem very comfortable around each other.  And like Brody there's also the issue of the fact that when Coco's eating disorder comes to light she will be in recovery and we've already seen Brody ignore Irene's advice and do exactly what she told him not to and I guess Coco will be in a similar situation.

How much longer do we have to put up with Jen for?  I was glad when she tried to start on Raffy initially and she threw Jen a smart comeback.  Then I just ended up getting annoyed when she got her drunk although admittedly Raffy was actually quite funny.  I often find that drunk female soap characters are highly amusing.

I had reservations about Kat and Scarlett living together given what both of them do for a living and yesterday's episode certainly reinforced that.  Mixed feelings about Scarlett overall.  Whilst I once again liked the scenes with Brody, I didn't really like the way she was with Kat.  It wasn't even the arrogance as mentioned above as I think she probably would have been like that had it been another police officer that was investigating the case.  It was when she wanted Kat to drop the whole accusations of Brody stabbing Jay (Who played another character called Robbo AKA Robert Cruze by Aidan Gillett who went onto rape Joey).  If it continues like this, cohabiting will be problematic for both of them.

I think the trio of Oliva/Hunter/VJ work very well together.  Given Olivia's past I can see why she would have self esteem issues so I can understand why she was affected when she overheard Raffy and the other girls mocking her outfits.    I have to admit when the party started getting out of control I was laughing when Olivia started to panic (It reminded me of when she was panicking about Hunter's Nan going to the police about the robbery he committed).  I do like her but sometimes she can be irritating.  The comments on her website  were criticising her designs.  So I didn't like it when she said "Everyone hates me".  And then after her sales went up she bugged me a bit when she got all excited.  I wonder if it was just her uni mates that were buying her stock.  I actually didn't realise Roo was still tied to the uni given that she's been working at Summer Bay High.  I'm assuming she still gives lectures there.

It was just bad timing that the cops brought Jay into the station when Brody was there, they would have had no way of knowing that. Both Kat and Scarlett were doing their jobs, Scarlett being Brody's lawyer and Kat questioning Brody and Jay like she ought to do just as any cop would. We do only have Jay's word it was Brody, could have been any of his 'clients', unfortunately for Brody he can't remember what  happened and we have seen him get violent when he wanted a fix.  Jay just came across as smug, if Brody hadn't been there he would have thought of someone else.

At least Olivia isn't going to get the blame for the underage drinking as she only hosted the party and Salt didn't seem that bothered by going what Kat said.  I can see why Olivia was so down she'd put such  a lot of work into her designs but things looked like they were on the upturn when she started getting orders.

Every teenager has to go through the getting drunk phase and I liked how Brody was there for Raffy and  a little mention of Hope showing she's not been forgotten entirely. Good for Raffy for deciding to stick out Year 10.  Unless we hear differently it looks like Jen and her mates have got of scot free.

I think Mason's mentioning he couldn't drive was more down to him still recovering physically from the accident rather than the mental effects. Luckily it seems it hasn't set his recovery back.

Well, I ended that episode not being particularly impressed with Kat, Scarlett or Justin.Scarlett and Justin followed the usual soap trope of "Let's be childish and unpleasant to the regular cop because they're doing their job instead of playing favourites": Do they seriously expect the police to give them a call to warn them that they're coming round to look for evidence?Kind of defeats the objective, doesn't it? Irene and Brody's attitude was a lot more mature.But Kat's later conversation with McCarthy suggests she's going to the opposite extreme, investigating more than the evidence warrants it because she doesn't want it to look like she's playing favourites, which is just as unprofessional.Then Scarlett decides to turn unprofessionalism into an art form because what the heck is she doing? It kind of feels like all she's doing is contaminating evidence and making it inadmissible, as she gets Jay's address by nefarious means and then conducts an illegal search of his house which doesn't really seem to have achieved much except put herself in danger and open herself up to an accusation of planting evidence.Pretty much the only thing she can hope for is that there's enough physical evidence on the screwdriver to create reasonable doubt and get the case dropped.

Elsewhere, Roo's off again as if Georgie Parker and Ray Meagher have got a two for one holiday: It's hard to tell whether she never gets any storylines because she's never there or keeps taking time off because they don't do anything with her anyway.Leah getting all doomladen over VJ and Coco.Most of the comments about Ben were laughable: He's been hardline as long as we've known him, except a couple of times in the early days when he turned a blind eye to Ziggy stealing cars and pinching money from wallets.(Is there no middle ground?)The pepper pot wasn't actually a bad idea but it seems it failed because of something we and most of the Astonis know nothing about: The "bad thing" Ziggy referenced a while back?

OK fair enough Kat may not have acted wisely taking work home with her but what cop hasn't before and will do in the future?  It wasn't as if it was left lying around it was in her backpack which was done up. As you said Red Scarlett took it that one step further and what she did was not only unprofessional but illegal. If it had been anyone else all this fuss wouldn't be being made, it's exactly because Brody is a friend and maybe, just maybe Scarlett doesn't want to alienate Justin? Kat is in a no win position, ideally she should have stepped back from the investigation as soon as it got more serious. The blood on Brody's shoes could have been caused by him being too close to Jay when he got stabbed, it was splatter not drops, CSI watching creeping in there. Pity Brody can't remember anything of what happened, but from what we saw of the incident he didn't have anything on him when he leapt from the window. If he had any recall he would have ditched them and not thrown them in the back of his wardrobe.

What was Scarlett hoping to achieve by sneaking off to Jay's she won't be able to use anything anyway, true she didn't break in that girl let her in but it was still an illegal search which if that had been a member of the public as a lawyer she would be down on them like a ton of bricks and quite rightly so. Jay  (out on bail by the looks of it) is pretty thick though still having that screwdriver hidden at his place, if he was wanting to put the blame on Brody (or anyone else) he would have chucked it where it could be found. Going by the trailer she has to phone Justin to get her out of there and Kat gets it in the neck for the earlier mentioned taking work home. Scarlett did look and act suitably guilty around Kat later - not that it stopped her of course.

Leah may have been getting on VJ's nerves by going on about Coco - back off already - and him telling her they were just friends, but the way Coco stroked his arm at the Diner stopped him in his tracks and thinking maybe his mum was right after all that Coco does want to see him as more than a friend. Yes there are only two years between them but sometimes she seems a very young 16.

It was a good idea about the pepper pot and until it reached Ziggy had been working, btw well done Coco for taking control in getting everyone sitting round a table in a public place so, hopefully, no-one would flip out. Ben was listening to what was being said, it's not just affecting him and Maggie, Coco is being dragged into it.  This 'bad thing' has to refer back to whatever it was happened with Maggie and the headlines we saw a brief glimpse of.  Maybe her recent  kidnapping has revived memories that she hasn't mentioned to her counsellor - who she is seeing apparently. Brody did the right thing trying to apologise to Ziggy by breaking up with her, it's hurting him too, but if he is likely to be going to prison he's done the right thing by keeping her right out of it. Btw has she told Ben & Maggie they are no longer an item or just letting them think they are still together.

Archived