Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

I was about to bring up Kane, who Irene let live with her no less.

Difference was Kane isn't her flesh and blood.  So there was no guilt about the way he turned out and moral obligation to help him because they share the same DNA.  Also when you throw a grandchild into the mix that complicates things.

Knew it.  Knew Mick was going to get out regardless of Irene not speaking up for him.  I wonder if he's just going to turn up at her place again like he did last time and scare the life out of her.

Can't really blame Caleb for wanting Scarlett back.  I wouldn't mind waking up to that body every morning.  I would actually like to see Justin lose out on this one but he obviously won't.

After Tori's shock at seeing Ash lose it like that I thought she was going to revert to her usual fickle self and finish with him.  The sex obviously must have been pretty good.  I wonder if he was better than Nate...

6 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Mick better teleport outta Summer Bay if he's knows what's good for him! :lol: (OK, That's enough Tomorrow People references)

I was about to bring up Kane, who Irene let live with her no less. 

The Parole Board themselves needed to be jailed for their nonsense!

The Parole Board you could say were taking the Mick. :wink: I'm sorry bad joke for a Wednesday evening 

1 minute ago, CaptainHulk said:

LOL.

I can't be the resident cut-up all the time. Just most of it!

Everyone's entitled to a few groaners... That one hit the mark. :D

Well in truth that was teamwork you set it up I only hit the mark with the punchline

Mason crossed the line more than once there.I can understand his desperation but coming on heavy with a grieving husband is not fair.His later approach was more reasonable but still unethical.I'm glad we saw Alan and Jackie: It's understandable that the focus is on Mason and Beth because he's the main character in all this, but it's nice to get some sign that they're spending time with their daughter too.Still, I also liked the way Alan left Mason and Beth alone, it's obvious he's revised his opinion of him.

Well, more evidence that Ziggy's a terrible sister.Okay, she doesn't know exactly what's wrong with Coco but yet again she doesn't seem to be treating her any better than Jennifer does, revelling in having something over her.Leah continues to be between a rock and a hard place:Part of me thinks she should have left the situation alone but I can understand her concern even if "Call me if you need to" isn't exactly scientific.Still not sure about Ben and Maggie.

Just as I had a few episodes where I didn't mind Mason, Mason prompts me to hate him yet again. I understand that he is desperate to help Beth, but his behaviour is appalling. I actually thought his second attempt to sway the husband was even worse than the first, because, by that time, he had time to reflect and maybe show some compassion to the husband. And yet, couldn't even manage a genuine apology without trying to emotionally blackmail the husband. Mason was so obnoxious, that I ended up rooting for the husband to say no, even though I really like Beth. The poor guy was dealing with some of the worst news imaginable, he deserved some peace and quiet to process the information. And Tori was not much better here.She was breeching patient confidentiality by discussing the details of the case with Mason.And as the chief of emergency medicine, she kinda needs to consider escalating more here - while Mason is her brother (and she wants to protect him), he is also now repeatedly acting against the code of practice he should be following as a wannabe doctor (first with Nate, and now with Beth).  Anyone else would be in serious trouble by now (and probably unlikely to remain on the course following repeated offences).  

I find the Astonis pretty self-involved. Ziggy was pretty unconcerned about what was wrong with Coco and only about leverage. She is smart enough to have been able to figure out that it must have been pretty serious to prompt Leah to actively seek Coco out. Similarly, Maggie seemed similarly oblivious - Leah was relatively subtle, but gave enough clues for Maggie to at least be suspicious that something was going on. 

8 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

As I said Kristian is a great actor, Jan Russ must have seen something in that audition for Neighbours 30yrs ago.

It's this writing that's letting him down.

I wasn't referring to the acting or how his role has been wasted.  I was making a case for why I feel Irene accepted Kane living with her but won't accept Mick.  I would have made that statement regardless of who the actor was.

Whilst I accept Mason was trying to save Beth's life I think he's behaved pretty disgustingly.  He harasses the loved one of a victim whilst he is grieving, tries to guilt-trip him into giving up his wife's heart, doesn't give two s***s about him, goes back later on, throws him a poxy apology and uses Beth in an attempt to emotionally blackmail him again.  It's a difficult one because I don't want Beth to die but I'm extremely annoyed at the way Mason has conducted himself.  It will be an absolute travesty if he is allowed to continue to practice medicine after this.  Tori will probably cover for him again.

I knew Coco wouldn't call Leah.  It was still good of Leah to check up on her but I'm surprised Maggie and Ben weren't more suspicious than they already were when Leah came round.  It seems as though Ziggy overhearing Leah and Coco's conversation has allowed her to gain useful blackmail material.  So Coco might keep quiet for now or maybe not...

Archived