Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

In one hand I again sympathised with Kat i.e. not being able to object to Ash spending time with Tori because he had to take Luc for a checkup, the way he supported Tori re Mason and the way Tori spoke to Kat re Zannis (although she did apologise afterwards).  I thought Kat did pretty well to remain professional.  But on the other I didn't like her attitude towards "Robbo".  He's one of the good guys is he.  OK so you can maybe put what he did on the island down to his head injury but Kat was almost acting like he was completely innocent.  And expecting him to stay at the same place as two of his victims.  I'm not sure I would have okayed it like Alf did.  So I wasn't happy with her about that.  It's hard to tell how much of a risk Ash was taking meeting someone to give him Zannis's location but it looks as though he's going to pay for it.  All this for Tori.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Slade said:

In one hand I again sympathised with Kat i.e. not being able to object to Ash spending time with Tori because he had to take Luc for a checkup, the way he supported Tori re Mason and the way Tori spoke to Kat re Zannis (although she did apologise afterwards).  I thought Kat did pretty well to remain professional.  But on the other I didn't like her attitude towards "Robbo".  He's one of the good guys is he.  OK so you can maybe put what he did on the island down to his head injury but Kat was almost acting like he was completely innocent.  And expecting him to stay at the same place as two of his victims.  I'm not sure I would have okayed it like Alf did.  So I wasn't happy with her about that.  It's hard to tell how much of a risk Ash was taking meeting someone to give him Zannis's location but it looks as though he's going to pay for it.  All this for Tori.

Let's face it. I am sure he is being set up to be Kat's new love interest once her and Ash break up

Thinking about it afterwards I'm putting Tori's rant at Kat over Zannis doing a runner partly down to guilt (hers) as she didn't believe Brody when he was insistent Zannis run him and Mason off the road. Kat is only one person and as she told Tori there were other officers on that case as she had been transferred to 'Robbo's case. Copper's instinct or something else.:wink: So, he doesn't have any criminal record, could just mean he's never been caught so his DNA and prints wouldn't be on any police database.  She (Kat) did finally suggest they try and find out who he could by photographing his tats and going through those data bases - I had that thought last week!

Ash is mates with Justin so by association he would be just as concerned about Mas as everyone else is so his offering to track done Zannis via his contacts maybe not just all about Tori. Speaking of whom, apart from two brief appearances by that other doc was once again treating Mason - that so gets me!!!:angry:  Of course it is different from treating any other patient in a coma to one of your own, you'd have to be pretty hard hearted not to be affected differently. Another minus is that you do know all the platitudes medics reel out to patient's relatives. But every case is different so they can't generalise.

Of course Ash'll incur Kat's wrath by going against her orders/instructions, especially as it looks like his mates mate has dubbed him into Zannis who brought two heavies, in every sense of the word, to sort him out.

Isn't John/Jane Doe the names(s) only given to unidentified bodies?:unsure:  Anyways, Alf seemed to be swinging both ways regarding Robbo, one moment accepting he, Robbo, was only defending himself against strangers, taking his apology in the manner it was meant, the next telling him it was OK for him to stay there but any sign of trouble and he was out. I was expecting Robbo to offer to help Alf around the park, to help 'pay' his way.

Strange little scene in the Diner with Marilyn and John being all suspicious of Robbo, her approaching him and I guess trying to be understanding telling him she had had memory loss, but to me just coming across as rather patronising.  Actually John should have been more understanding, he himself not long ago had been treated as a pariah because of the fires and he's a long standing resident. 

Yes, Maz refusing to talk to John abut his baby plans was rather childish, but in fact imo her argument  about  suddenly deciding to try for a child of their own because they had been turned down as foster parents was very valid.  A baby is meant to be wanted for his/her sake, not to fill a gap or be a substitute for something/someone you can't have. Also a baby is a total different proposition from a teenager, Marilyn does have experience on that score, babywise, but John doesn't. Anyway from what I've read he does change his mind following, I guess, a suggestion by Maz.:wink:

I don’t think Tori is exactly treating Mason, she just seems to be visiting him as a relative. Ash did get a serve from Kat, which wasn’t entirely deserved although he didn’t really achieve much. And he and Tori are starting to really annoy me. They make these big “Oh, we’d never do anything like that, how could you think that of us” declarations then hang around each other being overly tactile and emotionally intimate while Tori exchanges veiled comments with Kat. So, looks like Mason’s going to live but could have a long recovery ahead of him. While I don’t like to see him upset, it’d be nice if it’s closer to Hannah’s time scale than Casey’s. (…Both of whom ended up dead in unrelated incidents, not that I’m looking for omens…)

Raffy was unduly bratty here. Mason doesn’t even want them to call Brody, and Tori and Justin’s reasons for not disrupting him were valid, yet she storms off in a huff and gets herself abducted. I suspect she just wants to get all her family back together but she could have handled it more maturely. It’s a bit odd to have a random River Boy used as a guest antagonist, they feel like they come from another era. Still, it gave Robbo a chance to be the hero and cause Alf to mellow towards him a bit. I believe the term John Doe is given to any patient whose identity is unknown. (Someone who was found unconscious with no ID for instance: See Andrew Morley’s introduction on Neighbours!)

Brody doesn’t seem to be getting much out of rehab, unfortunately. Lena’s parents are presumably well-off if they can send her there, although any chance of her having reformed seems to go right out the window with her encouraging Brody to do a runner. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s planning to take him straight to Zannis.

20 hours ago, Angelica said:

Let's face it. I am sure he is being set up to be Kat's new love interest once her and Ash break up

My first thoughts when I saw Kat properly interact with Robbo in that episode were she probably fancies him.  Today's scenes just reinforced that.  It's inevitable Kat and Ash are going to break up (again).  It wouldn't surprise me if Robbo was brought in partly to legitimately allow Tori and Ash to get together (i.e. it's OK as Kat has fallen for someone else).

I really do think Tori is taking the p*** now.  The way she was holding Ash's hand at the hospital, ignoring the fact he's still going out with Kat.  Kat obviously didn't say anything because of Mason and she was on duty.  I hope Ash's beating was worth it.

I didn't find it very plausible when that guy put his hand on Raffy's leg just after she sat down in the car before he drove off.  If he was going to do something I would have thought he would wait until they were driving (which would have been dangerous but it would have been harder for her to escape) or driven her to somewhere clandestine.  Even though I reluctantly agree with Justin and Tori I can understand Raffy sticking up for Brody given that they were acting the same way towards Brody as they were to her previously i.e. keeping things from her because they were trying to "protect" her.

I'm surprised Brody isn't making a genuine effort at the drug clinic given how much money they've paid.  I think it would have been better if Lena turned up earlier then when they were having the discussion about why they decided to take drugs he could have blamed her.  She apparently has no desire to make a genuine effort either.

5 hours ago, harrietjames said:

But you think that about every guy and girl that interact.

And most of them do!

Well, any hope of Lena being a rehab buddy for Brody died a death when she pulled out those drugs.At least he had the sense to walk and keep on walking.I've been pretty critical about the start of this storyline and the way Brody suddenly started taking drugs without any build-up but the show pulled it out of the bag here with the reveal of what he's been carrying all this time.I don't know when those making the show thought this up but whether planned from the start or not, it fit perfectly.So yeah, now I get it.Meanwhile, having admitted last week that he's not over Phoebe, Justin takes a very questionable course on learning she's no longer available...

After Ziggy's less pleasant traits have disappeared for the past few weeks, they were back in force here as she steals from Ben rather than actually get a job.So I was cheering when Ben and Maggie tore a strip off her and didn't feel sorry for her at all, even if I kind of enjoyed her scenes at Salt.It's nice that we've got a bit of an older teen group going and I believe Hunter that he just didn't want Ziggy playing gooseberry.She and VJ could be good friends but they're right, they're not couple material.I continue to believe that Coco's crush on VJ should remain unrequited though and they should also just stay good friends (not that they're even that at the moment!).Looks like she's well and truly adopted Raffy's suggestion on comfort eating, I'm guessing it was her rather than Ben who finished off the biscuits.It's starting to feel like everything Raffy does to help her just makes things worse...

I agree about Ziggy and I guess old habits die hard and I was also cheering but for different reasons i.e. I was happy that it annoyed both Maggie and Ben.  I really tried to set about today's episode to remain neutral to Maggie but every time she opens her mouth it annoys me.  It's just something about the way she talks.  I'm hoping this will pass though.

I did feel sorry for Coco when she went to Salt (any reason why she didn't go to the Diner) and saw Ziggy and VJ flirting.  From her perspective it must be difficult just watching from the sidelines.  I was actually pleased when both of them declared they didn't like each other.  I personally have high hopes for VJ and Coco and I'm hoping he will stop seeing her as simply just a kid.  Especially given that nothing happened with Lena and Brody.  When I saw the preview I wasn't sure whether Brody slept with her again.  But as he didn't there's still probably a chance for him and Ziggy so less of a chance of her changing her mind about VJ.  Don't really blame Coco for having a go at Ziggy but she'll probably be relieved when she finds out it was just harmless fun.

I'm glad Brody didn't relapse but I really do hope he takes his treatment a lot more seriously.  As I mentioned in my last post his family are paying a lot of money.  Good to see another scene with Scarlett and Brody and I liked the hug she gave him.  Although with Phoebe meeting someone else it's probably set in stone for her and Justin.  Not that it wasn't already.

I'm assuming that two weeks have passed as Brody and the rest of the family were told when he went into rehab he wouldn't be allowed to contact anyone or they him for that period of time. So going on that premise I can see why Raffy was upset/angry/confused why he couldn't be told about Mason coming round, she does after all know what it's like to be left out of the loop and it is good news! I must have miss-seen it, but I thought I saw Mason move his mask, but I guess it must have been the other doctors hands. Naturally being a doc, he is used to hearing all the speeches and doctors and nurses always make the worse patients, but he does have some feeling and everyone is different.

Ash was being Ash again putting himself out there and in danger wanting to help a friend - he was bloody lucky to get off with bruised ribs, cuts and bruises. Worse to come was Kat's tongue lashing!!!!

Random high school drop out guy was an idiot, putting his hand on Raffy's knee, then 'suggesting' they drop by his mate's house before they'd even driven out of town!:rolleyes:   Luckily he was spotted by Roo, Alf and Robbo who was just about to leave town.  He's certainly got a good guy's reactions by not only chasing after the pick up, catching up with it and leaping into it - seemed to me at least an instinctive  thing he'd do, shows he's pretty fit too in more ways than one.:wink::blush:  He did indeed win Alf's respect and will be giving him a hand round the park.  I think Kat was going over and above the call of duty by lending Robbo money to get him started in the city, giving him her card was one thing that was work. I have to agree there is a spark there and the way Robbo was looking over when Kat was having another go at Ash because it's likely  Zannis has escaped justice because of him put a certain look on his face, it was a pretty heated argument and anyone within earshot would have heard it. Then of course they run into each other at the Diner and well - :wink:

I have to say I felt  that therapist/psychiarist  at the rehab place was over pushy, I thought they were supposed to be persuasive rather than aggressive, I think I would have dug my heels in if she had been haranguing  me like that. Didn't realise Lena's mum and dad were minted, she has no intention of giving up on drugs anytime soon, which is a shame because otherwise she seems an intelligent girl and she's throwing it all away.  The one good thing she did was tell Justin where Brody was when he disappeared and if Zannis has left town her supply will be cut off unless she's meeting up with him at some point? They are very trusting at that place if they don't search anyone.  I'm glad Brody saw sense and resisted the drugs and whatever else may have been on offer. Of course Justin and Scarlett just happened by to take him back.    I thought part of the money paying for rehab was Brody's anyway?  Scarlett always does to seem to be in the right place at the right time and she is just as willing to offer advice as she is just to be there and listen.  Wow that was some reveal by Brody, seeing their mum and dad killed, he must have been 16/17, Justin said he'd been his brother for 25 years and it all happened seven/eight years ago.  He'd repressed it as they all had to concentrate on hiding, then he got Salt so was able to concentrate on that until it got established and was slightly adrift. Justin played the big brother so right, giving him a big hug and letting him cry on his shoulder. Now it is out there, he can properly address the drug problem in the right frame of mind and mean it. He can tell bossy knickers and get serious.  Nice trade off when he realised something was off with Justin and said it was his turn.  I think we'd already guessed from his earlier talk with Phoebe she'd found someone else, showed he really knew her moods by the way he asked if what was up. Is it me or was it rather random that a shooting at a music concert in America would be on the front page of a local paper in Australia so Alf could point it out to Justin so he'd ring Phoebe? Justin and Scarlett do hook up, at last, but............:wink::angry:

I was beginning to like Ziggy as well, she was good with Brody and showed she does have a caring side, but the she well and truly blotted her copy book by nicking Ben's credit card so she could go to lunch with Hunter and Olivia and tag along VJ and pay for it all which there was no need for Olivia invited her.  She did make a show of looking for a job by asking Leah if the Diner had any vacancies, then got waylaid by Olivia asking her to lunch.  Be interesting to see what she puts on her CV seeing as if what Ben & Maggie have said in the past she's never had an actual job. regards the lunch, can see why Hunter wanted a back up and who else is available.  Ziggy and VJ enjoyed winding Hunter & Olivia up by pretending to be flirting with each other.  Shame that Coco walked in on it, but like you asked Slade why go to Salt rather than the Diner, from what she saw it would look like they were flirting and Ziggy does know how she feels about VJ, but of course she didn't know she was there. Ben and Maggie didn't help by saying Ziggy was closer to VJ age wise. Ziggy did get all she deserved, she keeps telling them she's an adult well about time she started acting like one and got a job and paying her own way, true it won't be a lot, but hey it'll be your money, though I hope she pays towards her keep, she'd have to if she wasn't living at home.

Archived