Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

41 minutes ago, Little bean said:

My mum....*sob... was.....*sob sob......murdered.... *sob sobbedy sobby sob. Stop it Hunter. Your mum died because the (third) person she was trying to murder killed her in self defence. 

In his defence, given that someone was charged with her murder, strictly speaking Charlotte was murdered - even if she did contribute to her own death. I know have We both reached for the Gun from Chicago in my head. (There may be random jazz hands in the forum tonight)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/08/2017 at 0:59 PM, CaptainHulk said:

Zan is wasn't exactly gonna say "Brodes, you okay?" ?

I didn't mean that I was expecting Zannis to pick up his phone and dial 999 (or the Australian equivalent) or pull them out the car and perform CPR.  Obviously he wasn't going to do anything.  I was just annoyed at the whole scene i.e. the fact that I knew he was probably revealing in their suffering without having a single ounce of remorse and the fact that I had to sit there and watch it, in frustration knowing that he's gotten away with it - at least for now.  Kind of like watching a slow motion car crash powerless to stop it.

I started off cheering Leah on when she had a go at Maggie for not knowing about Coco and implying she was a bad mother but ended up being disappointed when she made peace with her and Ben (I don't want them to see them get on, I want war!).  I especially got annoyed when Maggie brought Leah some flowers and Ben squared things with VJ.  Maggie is just so manipulative and I just want that self satisfied expression wiped from her face.

Quite enjoyed the banter with VJ and Hunter re Coco although I was disappointed VJ decided that he didn't want to hang out with her anymore as I really like their scenes together.  So I was glad Coco didn't want to spend any time with Maggie and Ben later on in Thursday's episode.

I quite liked Marilyn and Raffy with the face packs and John asking if they were meant to be like Shrek.  I wasn't sure at first but I would actually prefer if Raffy stayed with them than go back to the Morgans when the stuff with Brody is sorted out.

Hunter crying was cringeworthy.

To be as fair to all sides as possible, Charlotte pulled a gun on Josh but we can't be 100% sure she was actually going to kill him, she might have just been trying to scare him off.Josh was charged with murder but the judge reduced it to manslaughter.But yes, Hunter sobbing away like he's Little Orphan Annie was eye-rolling.

So, it seems Mystery Man is a mystery even to himself.I hadn't quite twigged that he'd stolen Alf's holster as well as the knife, so it was a bit perplexing to have that turn up in the boat.So, if he can't remember anything before being at the cove and believes Alf and co did something to him, that would explain why he was so hostile towards them.(Goodness only knows what he thinks they did: Erased his mind with mutant telepathy?)But then why hide on the boat?Does he remember being alone a long time and thinks they'd come back for him?

I mentioned a while back that Ziggy and Olivia are about the same age so interesting to see them sharing scenes here.I kind of wish more had been made of Olivia visiting Mason, who she was close to at one point, rather than it just being a plot device for Brody and Ziggy to make up but it's nice that it's apparently going to continue (if probably off screen).Tori and Justin do seem to have swapped over with regards Brody.Tori's idea to sell Salt does make sense in a pragmatic kind of way (although I hope they remember it's meant to be surety for Brody's bail), although I can't help wondering if she only vetoed selling the garage because it would put Ash out.

I kept referring to it as Alf's boat but of course it's Scarlett's. I still say he has some sort of military background as he managed to hide himself on a relatively small boat without being spotted. I think he's more scared of people than wanting to scare or harm them.  He must have had some sort of plan in mind before what ever happened to him happened hence the map, obviously wasn't any more clues to who he is in his backpack. Alf does seem the one he's focused on, following him back to the house and asking him why did he do it to him whatever it is, perhaps Alf reminds him of this person.  Roo did the right thing by sneaking off to get Kat, who of course just happened to be in her van, rather than tackle him. Alf was back to his usual self not backing down an inch!  The 'I don't know who I am' statement was maybe not such a shock to us as it may have been to Alf. From what I could gather from the trailer he mistakes Kat for someone else as well - intriguing!  They'll have him down ND Hospital lickety spit.

Talking of which seems Tori is still violating medical protocol by treating Mason seeing as she is the only doctor there! Justin does seem more willing to accept Brody's story and is more believing of him trying to get into rehab.  Seems it's not just UK that has a shortage of places for recovering addicts which in the grand scheme of things makes a kind of sense as  it was initially their choice to take drugs, drink or gamble which put against people with life threatening illness' who can get short changed.  Justin did convince Tori in the end and she discovered Brody was telling the truth if she couldn't find him a place. That place he found is expensive, $2000 a day!!!:o  Tori doesn't have  a choice but to sell Salt, she is, without Brody knowing, putting all her spare money into it and it's still not making a profit seeing as it was for Brody's food people went there. I'd forgotten about the surety though.  Will Justin and Tori be able to convince Brody to sell the one place he has felt happy in, all of them are owners but as Mason is in a coma it could be done by majority vote. If it keeps losing money they won't get a good price for it and won't be able to cover his rehab costs leaving him to his own devices and open to temptation.  Despite her feelings for Ash I don't think that was behind her not wanting to sell the garage, it would put him out of a job and he has a baby to look after, things may have changed but wasn't the garage in Phoebe's name due to Ash's record and does Kat not still have  a share in it?  Against all that of course is the number of staff at Salt being out of  a job, unless the new people keep them on.

On and off scenes between him and Ziggy was confusing and I can see why Brody was warning her off, but she is an adult and has her own mind, I'm liking this side of Ziggy.  It doesn't have to be anything heavy which seeing as he's off to rehab is a good idea, but it'd be an added incentive to get well.  Taken a while but at last Ziggy and Olivia meet up, I remembered Olivia and Mason were nearly an item so it was good she went to see him as a friend, telling Brody off for pushing Ziggy away in the process. Different kind of introduction Ziggy helping Olivia break into Irene's car by using the old hanger trick, learnt I dare say from Jared.  Brought back memories of Olivia 'borrowing' Leah's car when she first arrived.:wink:  Just what Ziggy needs a girl friend of her age. 

Mystery Man is starting to feel a lot less threatening and it's nice that Alf was sympathetic towards him while Roo was exaggerating things.Kat and Tori handled him well and he seems more at peace although understandably confused.No explanation for how he got to that cove and it's not clear if he has any idea how long he was there, although the head wound seems fairly fresh and he didn't seem to have any food or water with him, so probably not long.Seen in context, he didn't mention Kat's name until after she introduced herself to him, so unclear how much store we should place in that.

Ziggy was probably well-intentioned but her advice to Brody mostly served to create conflict and confuse the issue and she seemed very quick to duck out when things got difficult.Tori seems to be very down on Brody at the moment, blaming him almost totally for Mason's injuries and not in the mood for compromise.There is some truth in what Brody said, in that he doesn't really have anything to come out to when he leaves rehab, but it's past the point where he can claim he can handle it on his own.Not sure why Justin pulled back from the kiss with Scarlett: Does he think it's too soon for her?Does he think it's too soon for him?Bad timing?

Given that Ziggy told Brody previously not to contact him and she seemed pretty keen to see him I guess that can be construed as mixed signals but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that Brody's accident has made her reassess how much he means to her.  She does seem to have inherited Maggie's self-admiration.  She tested Brody when he went to apologise to her and absolutely loved it when he told her she was awesome.  So when they have a coffee together it will be just as friends.  Yeah right.  She does seem to be fairly sympathetic towards him and I liked their chat on Tuesday.  I was surprised Justin didn't remind him about not getting involved in anything romantically when she was round at their place.  I would like to see those two together but objectively I think this would be very bad for Brody until he's controlled his drug addiction.  Although any relapse he could have potentially would be worth it if it means any romance would annoy Maggie and Ben (Can you imagine if those two got together and VJ and Coco did that would be an absolute treat).

I quite liked Ziggy and Olivia's first meeting (despite Olivia's sore throat).  Ziggy using her car stealing skills to help Olivia out although Olivia did help herself to Leah's car so that's something they have in common.  I think Ziggy could be the only possible female friend I recall her having since Skye.  Although Olivia tends to prefer hanging out with guys.

Interesting role reversal now that Justin is sympathetic towards Brody and Tori is fed up with him ATM.  Whilst I don't particularly like her attitude and her skepticism, I can actually see where she's coming from.  I'm not sure they should be paying for Brody's private treatment.  It's a lot of money and can they actually manage?  Although I thought Tori didn't want to sell the garage because she fancies Ash and not just because he has a kid.  I quite like the chat with Scarlett and Brody.  Almost forgotten how much I liked it when those two interact but I do think Scarlett interacts quite well with just about every character she's in a scene with.  So she actually when in for the kiss and Justin rejected her.  What, he's still not over Phoebe.

19 minutes ago, Slade said:

I think Ziggy could be the only possible female friend I recall her having since Skye.  Although Olivia tends to prefer hanging out with guys.

There were some girls from uni, including Lena (and probably some implied diner casuals we don't see that's she's friendly with). I don't think that Olivia liking to hang with guys is necessarily true - until they cast Ziggy, there wasn't anyone else female in the adult-lecent group (18+ but still living with parents/guardians) But she does hang out with girls when they exist

Olivia was sort of friends with Billie, and of course there was Tabitha but that didn't go so well.But actually, yeah, I think Olivia is more of a guys' girl than a girls' girl: She pretty much viewed both Skye and Billie as people who were taking the boys' attention away from her until she finally got told to pull her head in.

On which subject, now that Tori is suddenly Kat's love rival, she needs a new confidante so is magically best friends with Scarlett.I think they have had a scene or two together at Salt so it's probably not completely out of nowhere but still.Credit to Ash for calling Irene and Leah up when Luc started crawling but, especially with the way he then started telling every random person and even rang up Tori when she's nothing to do with Luc, it does upset me a bit that this is something else VJ's been denied.I mean, I guess it wouldn't make any difference even if he was still her guardian since he'd presumably have been at school, but he deserved that experience.Anyway, Ash continues to be a bit of a jerk towards Kat and I know people have showers at odd times on this show but why was he virtually naked with Tori in the flat? Tori finally begins to realise she might be wrong about Brody, while Scarlett gets a few answers from Justin.

Leah seemed to be behaving distinctly oddly around Maggie and her blunt recitation of her history would probably get most people running a mile (and she didn't even mention the two miscarriages or the surrogacy).Still, Maggie does seem to be learning the meaning of community and that they can't trample all over these people in the name of business and then carry on being friends with them.Did Ben even mean it when he said he'd consult with them on the plans, because he seems to have just ignored everything they said?

Ah..Tabitha.  I miss her...

Wow, does Maggie actually have a conscience?  That was twice in the one episode that she seemed lost for words.  Firstly when Leah just walked off after she found out Ben's plans to build a restaurant (Part of me was hoping that she wouldn't have come back).  And then when Leah told her about her past.  Given that she told Ben she wants to abort the plans for renovation perhaps there is some empathy.  Although I don't buy that she actually likes Leah.  I think pities her would be more accurate given her tendency to look down on people because she has an air of superiority about herself.  I find I'm disliking Ben more and more.  I thought the tide had turned last week when he apologised to VJ and Leah and helped her out.  And then when he hung out with Justin I thought he was OK but the way he reacted to Maggie not wanting to renovate (in the ruthless business sense) made me rethink things.

When I made the comment about Phoebe in my last post I was actually joking and didn't think he was still into her.  Not sure how I feel about that.  I'm not overly keen on the prospect of Justin and Scarlett as a couple although I've accepted it's pretty much inevitable.  I would like to see something happy with Brody and Ziggy but part of me would still like to see Brody get with Scarlett at some point because I do feel they have good chemistry but again as I alluded to my last post I feel Scarlett has good chemistry with quite a few of the characters she interacts with.

I quite liked the scenes with Scarlett and Kat.  I guess now that things aren't particularly good with Tori Kat does need another female friend.  I felt really sorry for her when she overheard Ash call Tori at the hospital to tell her Luc was crawling.  I have mixed feelings about it though.  He's clearly being insensitive but I can't help but feel because Kat didn't want kids he didn't think she would be particularly interested or should I say excited.  And when Alf called him an idiot at the Diner for the way he treated Kat (talk about eavesdropping and sticking your nose in) Ash seemed completely oblivious to it.  Tori clearly feels uncomfortable around Kat given the way she was at the hospital before they spoke about Zannis.  I actually thought in yesterday's episode that Kat was giving Tori the evils but I realised she was looking at that guy who attacked Alf.  I'm cutting Tori a bit of slack because I do believe she is very naive when it comes to relationships and men in general and is almost like a teenager.  And I do think Ash is more at fault than her and clearly making no attempt to set boundaries.  Although in all honesty he doesn't really want too.  Unfortunately it looks as though Kat has got the wrong end of the stick.

I get what Marilyn & Irene were trying to do by suggesting that Leah is responsible for the Diner's success and yes, she's owned it longer than anyone, but I just don't believe that Marilyn wouldn't have mentioned Bobby or "Mrs Stewart" / Ailsa as part of that statement or that Irene or Leah wouldn't have mentioned Ailsa.

Archived