Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

9 hours ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

Alright. So the writers and the props dept. SUUUUUUUCK. Who has the overall say on the final look of the ep? The editors? Well let's lump them in there too. This isn't the first time the props dept. have failed I gotta say. That really doesn't fill me with hope. Lucky they have such a GREAT cast of actors!! Just a shame the actors always gotta read the scripts from the LOUSY AS writers. :angry::angry::angry:

Well the cast make the scripts work as best they can and I'll keep watching until such a time as I feel the cast can't carry off TPTB's RUBBISH anymore... 

Oh P.S.

Really?! I was just like "Do you see what this "relationship" is now Tori?" Tessy's really good with Luc!! She's Ash's friend... Win-win! Proves Ash completely doesn't see Tori the way she thinks she sees him. Maaaaaaaaan this whole thing is so PATHETIC and WROOOONG and THE HEEEEECK OUT OF ORDER!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: 

I don't usually actually post on the forum but this one has really got me just so intrigued... What on Earth are you talking about?? Your complaint about the colour of the plaster is...? The show has one of the best art/props departments in the country; this criticism of them is neither relevant nor necessary. I understand you're upset that Tori & Nate didn't make it... Me too. But short of violating several laws and depriving Kyle Prior of his civil liberties, he had to be allowed to leave when his contract ended. I'm sure everyone was hoping he would stay (and told the story with this hope in mind) but it had to be redirected when the team discovered he wasn't going to re-up. (And there's not always a huge amount of warning about the result of contract negotiations before the show has to be plotted.) "LOUSY AS" writers and "TPTB" (the most overused and misunderstood thing on this forum) can only work with what they're given. I suggest some deep breaths. In out, in out... (*and repeat until calm*). These kind of baseless, attacking posts - that are really without merit - achieve nothing. 

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dan Bennett said:

Your complaint about the colour of the plaster is...?

Hospitality band-aids are often blue - they are less likely to end up in food because the bright colour makes them stand out more. Being a different colour from the "normal" ones also means customers are less able to put their own band-aid in their food to try and get freebies.  

(I didn't really notice, but thought you might like an explanation)

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

Hospitality band-aids are often blue - they are less likely to end up in food because the bright colour makes them stand out more. Being a different colour from the "normal" ones also means customers are less able to put their own band-aid in their food to try and get freebies.  

That would have been my point, it is something TPTB or whoever is responsible for these things would/should have done research on.  Also if you know about these things it is something that would leap out at you.

Tess/Tori  - that's what confusing me Dan!:)

Anyway talking of Tori she really is stuck in the middle with Kat and Ash all the while having a crush on Ash, she didn't deserve that diatribe from Kat who more or less accused her of blabbing what she told her to Ash when she didn't or vice versa, she just listened and offered her advice. She didn't say 'oh Ash/Kat said/thinks this'.  Hangover from her doctor/patient confidentially oath? Maybe and this is just my thought Kat found it odd Ash was confiding in a woman rather than a man which is what usually happens, female confides to female, man confides to man getting a different perspective.  Of course that doesn't always work out as they get conflicting advice and misunderstandings arise. Tori is in a pickle now as Ash confided he has doubts about his relationship with Kat because although the sexual side is great the same problem is still there, namely Luc, but Kat thinks everything will be OK.  Ash only started talking to Tori at the hospital about his problems with Kat because she was the only there and of course she knew them, she wasn't a random doctor and Kat had already told  Tori she couldn't feel any real emotion over Luc. Glad it wasn't just me Red being confused about the morning after the night before.  I thought it was that way when Tori was babysitting while Ash and Kat went out to dinner and came back for dessert.:wink:  But of course it couldn't have been as Tori would have been there and it turned out Luc was with Irene. :unsure:  What made it more confusing was Tori made a remark about what Kat was wearing and she said she hadn't been home. Bless Mason, no judging, just advice, though Tori just saying 'no sorry busy' then hanging up was maybe an overreaction!

Sorry to keep banging on about Hunter and Saint Charlotte but although a lot of what she did was to cover for things Hunter did, did he do anything that lead her to have an affair with Matt his classmate/friend not to mention him being her pupil, threatening Maddy into keeping quite about it and then doing the same thing with Kyle when he found out about it?

Much needed lighter moments with John, Marilyn and Raffy and the continuing debate over her homework, bless him John did try to help and without meaning to got her on the right track with her deciding her project would be about the Nile.  Shame it had to be cut short with Brody having to warn her not to go anywhere alone, though she is one smart cookie and I reckon she is already wary of Zannis and be careful where she goes and she knows Brody's history and his problems with drugs. It was her that found Brody's stash of ice after all.

Brody did well by not taking Zannis' 'free' gift, he had it all night and didn't touch it, throwing it away would have been the usual option but him giving it back to Zannis made more of a statement that he doesn't need drugs anymore. Again Zannis drives freely round town pops up on a public beach without a care in the world.:rolleyes: Once Brody knew what caused Tori to be sick he was able to warn them, even if it gave him a panic attack, another real good sign he really is off the stuff.  By all appearances:wink: it all comes to a head tonight though Ben sees him nicked by the cops so he and Maggie go into panic mode by deciding they have to stop Ziggy seeing him, good luck with that guys.

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

I assume it is the same in Australia as in the UK anyway, but it was just something which I noticed that made me think about something other than the story on screen. If it was blue, I wouldn't have even thought about the plaster. 

It really is a little thing and in the grand scheme is really, really minor, but it could be explained away by Leah having some normal plasters in her handbag, it just broke my concentration for a minute or so.

Well, a lot of involved stuff here. Mason seems to be less and less sympathetic towards Brody despite saying he was proud of him last week, he’s gone from the one wanting to go easy on him to the one most condemnatory. Loved the way Brody was trying to convince them not to tell Justin only for him to walk in, see their faces and go “What’s happened?” At least they mentioned the fact the Morgans have been dragged back into drugs. It was fairly obvious that Brody was working with the police and he did the smart thing, and helped them find Zannis after months of him hiding in plain sight.

Talking of, I’m surprised he didn’t notice Ben at the arrest scene, given that he was just standing there. The first sign of Ben and Maggie being overprotective, with the result that the previously amiable Ben seems to have a permanent scowl on his face. Best he learns as fast as possible that it’s a great place for families if you ignore all the drug dealers, arsonists, murderers, rapists, gangs and stalkers. Justin was right to tell Ben the truth, most of the town knows anyway. I’m kind of on the fence here. In one way, Brody and Ziggy could be good for each other but on paper there seem many reasons why it’s a bad idea. Whilst Ziggy is going for Brody because she doesn’t think he is a bad boy, she’s pretty much on the rebound and seeing him as the safe option. And what Mason said was right: Brody is using Ziggy as a substitute for drugs and that’s no way to recover. He only turned down Zannis’ last offer because Ziggy was sticking around, when he thought she was gone he immediately got out his phone and nearly called him, and he only threw away the drugs here when Ziggy texted. But Ben and Maggie laying down the law is never going to work. What was with Ben calling Brody a “good kid” anyway? Did he miss the beard? Are they trying to make it sound like Brody’s younger than he is to hide the fact that Ziggy’s about as close in age to Raffy as she is to him?

Kat continued to be unreasonable about Tori because really, so what if she’s got a crush? Tori isn’t the type to go after someone else’s boyfriend and Ash isn’t really the type to cheat, even if he did sail very close to the wind with Phoebe. It was nice that Ash immediately worked it out from Tori’s denials and Kat’s suggestion he keep his distance wasn’t wrong in itself (it’s what Tori wants, after all) but the way she said it was.

I found Tori really funny on Monday's episode the way she was wincing and having to pretend to be happy for Kat getting it back on with Ash.  "Oh, great", "Awesome" "I don't need to know all the details".   Kat annoyed me when she had a go at her though.  I thought she was too harsh even though if Kat is thinking like a cop and analysing all the evidence I could see why she would have a problem if she knows Tori likes Ash.  Although I don't believe Tori has consciously manipulated her.  Kat's face when she saw Ash comforting Tori at the police station was a picture.  I'm expecting Ash's feelings to change else what would be the point of the storyline.  Although if they don't I'm sure Tori will find someone else to crush on quite quickly.

I think Brody did the right thing but can't help thinking Zannis will have someone on the outside that will go after him or the other Morgans.

Whilst I was annoyed at Ben, putting myself in his position I can see where he's coming from.  If I had a daughter would I want her going out with a recovering drug addict?  Probably not.  It's obviously going to cause an issue with him hanging out with Justin in the future which I guess is a shame.

I'm actually glad Brody and Ziggy kissed.  So Ziggy's over her ex already.  They say the best way to get over someone is to find someone else.  I hope they engage in a full on relationship purely for the fact that it will annoy Maggie.

A bit hard to get a handle on the Astonis.Ziggy suddenly being on board with staying away from Brody seemed to come out of nowhere and makes me wonder why she bothered putting on a show up until then. The show does seem to be trying to make her more likable though, which can only be a good thing. "The Morgan boy", though? Really? Are they determined to pretend Brody is a teenager?And then Irene joins in by calling him a "good kid" (which is what she calls everyone, including Hunter, so probably doesn't mean anything).Coco is even more of an enigma.There were points here where she annoyed me a bit and came across as a bit holier-than-thou, but she does seem rather lonely and insecure.She probably wants a close relationship with Ziggy but they're just too different, and moving to Summer Bay hasn't been the  cure-all everyone was hoping for, with her seemingly shut away at the farm house and pointedly not accompanying her parents to check out the pier despite the invite.(Maggie's "Did we do the right thing?" chats are becoming a bit broken record though.)Leah's initial reaction to the Astonis was annoying but I did laugh at her "I told you so" when the lunch went pear-shaped.Roo trying desperate to play peacemaker was also amusing.Mind you, they've never had a problem when they've had to move the Diner before...

So Hunter's punishment for putting Marilyn in hospital is having to move a few boxes?And watching John flirt with his grandmother.Well, I'll take anything at this point, especially when his attempt to pretend he's sorry near the start sounded as insincere as all the others.

Maggie and Ben both annoyed me when they went round to the back of the Diner to have a look without even having the common courtesy to wait and check with somebody first.  It's clear given that Maggie did the same thing at the farmhouse before she moved in and how she expects to have her own way she's obviously a person that has a sense of entitlement.  I'm really not happy about her becoming school principal and I would imagine she's going to get even worse with all those pupils and teachers to exert her authority over and bow down to her every command.  I was with Leah throughout that episode.  I wouldn't have even bothered inviting them for lunch.  And the way they expected to announce they were going to be putting in another shop and expecting nobody to object just goes to show how up themselves they are, Maggie in particular.  I don't even know how they had the money to buy the farmhouse and those properties.  Even with Ziggy when she told them she was 19 and Maggie still forbade her from seeing Brody just goes to show she always has to be the one in control.  I loved how Alf's attitude changed when he realised they were basically going to screw them over.  I also liked Leah and Irene deciding to join forces.  Roo shows little loyalty.  Deciding not to have her dad's back because of a boutique shop.  Please.

I actually really enjoyed the scenes with John and Peggy.  I particularly liked the start of the scene at Salt although I don't like how John ran off when Olivia told him Peggy was hitting on him because the way I saw it he was basically trying to charm her and obviously got worried when she started to show interest.  When he said he's still got it he was probably trying to prove that to himself.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:27 AM, Dan Bennett said:

I don't usually actually post on the forum but this one has really got me just so intrigued... What on Earth are you talking about?? Your complaint about the colour of the plaster is...? The show has one of the best art/props departments in the country; this criticism of them is neither relevant nor necessary. I understand you're upset that Tori & Nate didn't make it... Me too. But short of violating several laws and depriving Kyle Prior of his civil liberties, he had to be allowed to leave when his contract ended. I'm sure everyone was hoping he would stay (and told the story with this hope in mind) but it had to be redirected when the team discovered he wasn't going to re-up. (And there's not always a huge amount of warning about the result of contract negotiations before the show has to be plotted.) "LOUSY AS" writers and "TPTB" (the most overused and misunderstood thing on this forum) can only work with what they're given. I suggest some deep breaths. In out, in out... (*and repeat until calm*). These kind of baseless, attacking posts - that are really without merit - achieve nothing. 

I'm not just bitter about Nate's departure but for the record did TPTB really have to screw it up sooooooooo badly?? I submit the writers planned for this. They were giving the couple issues weeks before they sent Nate away. Tori wanted to do long distance. Why is that so impossible??? Nate's moving to Sydney not the USA for crying out loud. Yeah yeah yeah I hear ya!!! I never said forever. For just one month. One month!!! That way Nate gets a relationship that actually lasts within his existence on H&A and he didn't just throw away what he fought so hard for just as soon as "something better" came along. All of us shippers get to have the knowledge that our fave couple really tried and a goodbye kiss wouldn't have gone amiss either and Tori doesn't get left behind and start thinking she has feelings for ugh grooooss Ash!!!! EVERYBODY WINS!!!!!!!! Then down the track Nate and Tori make a mutual decision together that the long distance isn't working out so that's the end there - Aaahh blessed closure (of which I still don't feel like I've had any). I don't blame Kyle Pryor for leaving. I never said that. This mess is not his fault at all. I'm just saying TPTB screwed up really really bad there. You think they invested in the couple too? Well they sure had a funny way of showing it. :angry: Anyhow onto H&A as a show...

Well where do I even start with the shambles... Baseless?? Baseless??

When Phoebe said to Tori "Is that a hickey?" after Tori'd come out of the lift with Nate... I have studied that scene - NO HICKEY. WHAT??? It's in the script people. If you're not gonna instruct the makeup department that's something they need to deal with there's no reason to put that line in Isabella Giovinazzo script is there. :rolleyes: 

Like me someone else noticed Tori had cut her hand when Ash touched her and she went all funny - again YUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!! but then Leah was putting a plaster on her finger. WHAT???

When Tori thought Nate was gonna dump her before Phoebe and Justin's Going Away Party she said to Justin "You gave me some tough love about Nate last week..." Again I have studied this scene multiple times and my conclusion is still that it was yesterday at most so....

I've already explained how I think TPTB screwed up Nate's exit so bad and baseless? You want baseless? How about Ash and Tori for baseless? She spent an hour or so with the guy one afternoon and suddenly she has feelings for him?? Look Nate left. I unfortunately know what the routine is. If I thought Tori was moving on to a man who can match her I'd be more happy. Someone on Instagram said they think "the show just seem to be pairing up everyone with whoever is left on the show and not by who will actually have a suitable on-screen relationship". Yuuuup too right sadly. That isn't gonna work out in the long term. Makes me maaaaaaaaaad and especially that they're doing it to my long term favourite character Tori.

I'm mad for a lot of reasons - this thing with trASH is just the most recent issue in a long line of issues I've always been able to overlook but I just can't anymore. Tori was always the reason I was watching H&A!! Well Nori, Nate, Tori. Now Nate's gone just Tori but they're messing with her now too. Ggggggggrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

TPTB - The Powers That Be. Have you never come across that before? Way shorter than typing the writers every time. Did I not just convey how much the writers are powerful - completely apt. They have all the power. Sometimes they misuse it.

Like I said thank goodness for the actors coz all too often it's not like anyone else is good at their job.

Who said I wanted to achieve anything? I just wanted to say how I think the actors are good on this show but beware of everything else coz the quality there comes and goes. I wanted to express my frustrations. I wasn't expecting any comeback on that. Look I watch a TV show and I want everything to make sense. What is so wrong with that??

46 minutes ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

When Phoebe said to Tori "Is that a hickey?" after Tori'd come out of the lift with Nate... I have studied that scene - NO HICKEY. WHAT???

Might want to study it in HD - he may not have gone at her like Nosferatu, but it's there.

You really do need to calm your posts down. You're finding the most minor things to get worked up over and your posts are coming across as aggressive and pernickety. To pass off the whole show as a shambles and attack the writers, just because your favourite character's storylines aren't going in the direction you want them to, is a tad hyperbolic.

1 hour ago, Changelo shipper <3 said:

I wanted to express my frustrations. I wasn't expecting any comeback on that.

If you do post that sort of thing on a forum then people are bound to respond, particularly those who are quite a bit more informed about the writing process and can offer an opposing view.

Archived