Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hardly think Leah is the type to be bullied by anyone let alone Alf, but then I am in team Ash. As far as I remember with VJ Vinnie got arrested the day after VJ's christening so didn't spend much time at all with his son.

I thought it was John who had the light bulb moment, funnily enough when he opened the door to the fridge and the light came on! :wink:  Raffy herself said she didn't want to go back to the Morgan's while Brody was still having problems, she would have been on her own most of the time if she had moved in with Kat, even saying Kat would have been OK with it so Maz & John's is the best option, though there is Irene's now Dr. Nate has gone.  At least John has had experience of a teenage girl in the house courtesy of Sky.

Justin may not have been wise laying Scarlett's phone on the edge of boat, but it wasn't deliberate that it fell in the oggin.  He was lucky, wasn't he, finding it like that what are the odds? As I said before he was out to impress by fixing it, even if it is for a short while.  Of course he doesn't know what we know, or are assuming, is that she had no choice but to leave her son, can't be likely he's with his dad seeing as that who she is hiding from so must be somewhere safe  ? Alf really has a soft spot for her and had a firm talk to Justin works much better than a stand up row.  She  understands now he's explained why he reacted about 'abandoning' a child the way he did.

Olivia keeps veering from being annoying to being all wise, remind you of anyone?  I'm gathering Hunter has never seen his birth certificate before which I guess there hasn't been a need for before. If Zac was supposed to be Hunter's dad why was the name blank or n/a? Do modern birth certificates look like that or is it just in Australia? Was a long shot trying to find he biological dad when he has no clue as to who it could be, even Zac couldn't help with names of guys she may have dated. Hardly surprising Hunter gave up on Charlotte seeing how she lied not just to him but a lot of people, not to add manipulating, blackmailing them. Each time he wanted to own up to something he'd done she packed him off to Peggy so she was using her too.  He overlooked a lot but there comes a point when enough is enough.  Why did Peggy refuse to  go to Charlotte's funeral if she was, to quote Peggy in the trailer, 'her beloved daughter'? I'm still not sure if Charlotte  believed Zac was the dad , but if so see my previous question re the birth certificate, or didn't want to admit it was who it really was. Despite Hunter not having contact with his nan, he did still have her number on his mobile and she must have his number to instantly know it was him calling even though he hung up. She did get there pretty damn quick but how did she know he was at Irene's, the last she would have known he was staying would be at the caravan park.:unsure:  Already mentioned it but why is she blaming him, for Charlotte's death, accuses Olivia that she's helping Hunter for her own reasons then the police turn up? Did we all miss something that happened that night?

Surprise return of Roo, though the clues were there, that she'd be back soon, Alf saying he'd been trying to ring her, Marilyn tracking her as to when she'd last rung!:rolleyes: So she'd been in Peru, now my memory may be failing me but hasn't she been there before when she came back with an infection and we never found out what she was doing there then?  To me she came across as a bit cagey when John asked about Hugo, there is something she's hiding? Wasn't keen on Alf's suggestion she catch up with Marilyn and Irene.  Should Martha be in Ramsey Street seeing as she is supposed to be on the run from the Australian authorities?:P:wink:

3 hours ago, H&Alover said:

As far as I remember with VJ Vinnie got arrested the day after VJ's christening so didn't spend much time at all with his son.

Vinnie was arrested the day VJ was born but then he got let out on bail.Billie, on the other hand, died the day after Luc's christening...

3 hours ago, H&Alover said:

If Zac was supposed to be Hunter's dad why was the name blank or n/a?

It said Zac.The n/a was the bit below.

Alf's episode count this week:Five, for the third week running.Justin was in four.

As with past storylines with the likes of Brax and Aden...are we actually meant to be on Hunter and Olivia's side here?Because Peggy was quite right, they're cowards and an utter disgrace.People died because of Hunter, Charlotte included (the robbery was the beginning of the chain of events that led to her death, by which time he'd abandoned her for a cushy number with Zac and Leah), and he's shown no more than token guilt and kept quiet about it for nearly two years, happy to let everyone blame Charlotte for the robbery.And Olivia is utterly self-absorbed and selfish, not caring about all the people that were hurt so long as she and Hunter are all right.Personally I'd quite happily see the police throw the book at the selfish pair, but we know they won't, because the show's proved time and time again that they're not willing to hold Hunter to account for the damage he caused."He never meant to hurt anyone,"whines Olivia, because that never happens when you torch someone's house.I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Murray's visit has nothing to do with the robbery and he wants to talk to them about dropping litter.

Meanwhile, Roo's secret turns out to be...that she hasn't got a secret.Okay...Her deciding to become a teacher is a bit of a convenient fix, although more interesting than a pointless search for Martha.How long until she becomes principal, do you reckon?Leah musing that her life's going to be empty in a short time (shouldn't have driven Zac away then, should she!) may or may not be going somewhere.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

As with past storylines with the likes of Brax and Aden...are we actually meant to be on Hunter and Olivia's side here?Because Peggy was quite right, they're cowards and an utter disgrace.People died because of Hunter, Charlotte included (the robbery was the beginning of the chain of events that led to her death, by which time he'd abandoned her for a cushy number with Zac and Leah), and he's shown no more than token guilt and kept quiet about it for nearly two years, happy to let everyone blame Charlotte for the robbery.And Olivia is utterly self-absorbed and selfish, not caring about all the people that were hurt so long as she and Hunter are all right.Personally I'd quite happily see the police throw the book at the selfish pair, but we know they won't, because the show's proved time and time again that they're not willing to hold Hunter to account for the damage he caused."He never meant to hurt anyone,"whines Olivia, because that never happens when you torch someone's house.

Yes! This. A thousand times, this. 

Hunter is (or was ) no angel, but look what role model he had, did Peggy really say Charlotte wouldn't lie, has she now become Saint Charlotte? Peggy may hate Hunter but to shun her own beloved daughter's funeral because of him and what he did?  Did Charlotte tell her mum she killed Denny (albeit accidently)?  If I remember correctly Charlotte stopped Hunter telling the truth about the break in by - guess what - sending him off to Peggy.  He was only 16 back then but he has changed, he still loses it now and again but no way as badly as he did.

Thanks Red for the explanation re the birth certificate and the dates for Billie and Vinnie.

I think TPTB have someone else in mind for the Principal's job,:wink: hope they stick at the job longer than the last couple of ones have!  Bit of an anti-climax with Roo and her non secret.  Great girlie chat with her, Irene, Leah and Marilyn and she has come up with an idea.  The way she was banging on it made her sound as if she had spent all her life in the bay, when she's travelled the world, done  a variety of jobs, had a head and body transplant, so hasn't wasted it.

Scarlett's story isn't as straight forward as it appears.:wink:

What an utterly pathetic cop-out and whitewash.Real brave of Hunter to own up now, when he's successfully twisted Alf, Irene, Leah, Marilyn and VJ around his finger and got them convinced of the myth of Saint Hunter and willing to come riding to his defence (no doubt Alf will soon be shown the error of his ways, probably by more peace and love platitudes from Marilyn).Real brave of him to own up when all the MacGuires have gone and he doesn't have to face up to them knowing he contributed to Denny's death...a fact the episode pointedly glosses over, adding to the whitewash feel.Once again, the message seems to be that Charlotte was right to kill Denny: If she'd exposed Hunter back then, before people forgot what he really is, they wouldn't have been nearly so forgiving, but by delaying it she made sure he got away with it.Also glossed over is Hunter's own cowardice which we can hardly blame on Charlotte: She's been dead eighteen months and whatever brief moment of conscience he may have felt, he's shown no suggestion of feeling the need to own up to what he did since, except to Olivia, who's too self-absorbed to care.The episode showed what an utter worm Hunter is, still playing the victim: It's Peggy's fault, it's Olivia's fault, they should all cover for him and never mind the people who ended up in hospital or dead because of him.His "confession" to Marilyn was an exercise in manipulation and guilt tripping: Playing at being remorseful when he's only there because Irene made him, spinning it as a "stupid prank" and saying he never meant to hurt anyone which is clearly a lie.He might not have meant to physically hurt anyone but it was an act of malice to punish Leah for getting in his way.Olivia's not much better, a selfish brat who refuses to take responsibility, her tirade to Hunter saying it's all his fault for calling Peggy when she was the one who pressured him into it being so utterly self-centred that I actually found myself on Hunter's side for a moment.No doubt she'll soon be back believing in her childish fantasy that they'll be together forever.So that's it, all Hunter's crimes brushed under the carpet, instant undeserved forgiveness, and who cares about the trail of corpses he left in his wake.He deserves to be in jail.But instead moral cowardice wins the day.

Meanwhile, Justin learns a bit more about Scarlett.It's odd that Anderson waited all night after finding out she was doing a runner to make his move: Did he really need back-up? But it's Justin to the rescue! And Leah puts her foot right in it with Kat, who didn't walk away willingly by any means...

I am with you, Red. It did annoy me that they glossed over Hunter's crime here. I did like Alf's comment that Hunter has had more second chances than he has had hot dinners. But it was interesting that they glossed over the fact that the theft directly contributed to Denny's death as she walked in on Charlotte with the safe. And let's not forget that Hunter is not confusing out of remorse but because his hand was forced. The Olivia/Hunter relationship at this point is so toxic I really hope they break up again. 

So from the promos, it looks like they aren't even letting the dust settle before Ash moves onto Tori who has the benefit over Kat of wanting children. I know I shouldn't prejudge but I am actually dreading them going down that path. But hen we know Ash isn't really a fan of waiting for the dust to settle - flirts with Denny while she still hasCasey issues, flirts with Phoebe while she is still with Kyle, Kat not longer after breaking up with Phoebe (and her ending things with Dylan), and now history looks like it is repeatings itself with him getting with Tori so soon after Kat. Although of course, the promos may be misleading and this may not be happening imminently. 

Archived