Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/11/2017 at 13:25, H&Alover said:

May I be the first to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & A Happy & Healthy New Year.:D

Merry Christmas to you and all the other guys too!!!

i was quite happy with the pregnancy cliff hanger we got for the break. Some years it’s been like any old episode and you can’t for the life of you remember what happened when you sit down to the first ep in January. You can bet your bottom dollar this splits Kat and Australia’s most elusive hit an robbo up tho. 

Very sad to see Scarlett go and the whole thing felt very last episode. I can see why it was chosen as the last of the year. She’s such a likeable character and I could even get used to her hubby. Shame they couldn’t stick around. 

• 1 month later...

Aaaand we're back, for the last nine weeks of the season.For about one scene I wondered if my habit of feeling more generous towards characters after a break had kicked in...but then it became obvious that the only reason the episode had started with the Astonis being more relaxed and amiable than usual was so it could quickly get blown apart by the arrival of much-talked-about mother-in-law-from-hell Diana.What followed was pretty much a chore.Diana's a snob but Ben's a jerk, with the result that I could neither sympathise with him nor revel in his misery, and instead just found myself agreeing that I hope she goes as soon as possible. Coco gushing all over her, not caring that the rest of her family are unhappy, was another reminder that no matter how hard I try, I just can't manage to really like her that much.

Which is unfortunate because there wasn't really a lot else going on, with the only other plotline being Kat and Robbo's intertwined traumas.Roo actually worked pretty well as a confidante for Kat (and the gap in transmission makes it less obvious that she's there because Kat's only friend just left), so I'd quite like to see more of that.I'm kind of interested in Robbo's story but can't help wondering where the heck they're going with this.It did cross my mind that that might have been Dylan in the flashback (I hope so anyway, because I'm still having a hard time picturing Robbo as a serial killer, despite the dramatic potential of him getting his memory back only to find he was better off not knowing).And there were decent roles for John and Marilyn but it feels a bit like treading water.

Oh well, maybe there's some interesting stuff going on with the other characters.Oh great, a promo with Mick in it...

Well Diana's arrival has proved to be quite delightful.  Ben's dejection was something.  Someone who can annoy him, Maggie and Ziggy can't be all bad in my book.  Although Coco seems to like her.  I can see where Maggie gets her arrogance from.  I hope Diana finds out about Coco and Ziggy, stays and torments them for as long as possible and persists in making Maggie and Ben feel as though they are incompetent.  In response to Ben's line - "And so it begins..." - Yes.  Let's hope it continues.

So Kat's pregnant.  She's going to have to get rid of it.  Especially if she wants to become a detective at some point in the near future.  I don't think being tied to Robbo like this will be particularly good.  And his proposal was ridiculous.

So

-Diana lets herself into the Astoni's
-Roo walks into Kat's
-Marilyn strolls into Robbo's

Three times within the one episode!

Everyone knows you never lock a door in Sunmer Bay! Haha. 

Good to be back, I could’ve done with an Astoni led episode though but the arrival of demon Mother in law could be interesting. I’m not warmed up to her at the moment but I don’t like Ben so I can see me being on her side eventually. 

Kat and the pregnancy is a nightmare, but not as bad as the knee jerk proposal from Robbo. He’s starting to clutch now he is starting to remember he’s not this nice guy that Kay thinks he is. Itl all end in tears. 

Happy New Year everyone.

Well I didn't like her stuck up, arrogant snob!  Makes me like Ben even more, I can certainly see her not being happy Maggie fell pregnant to him, she probably had  someone much more suitable in mind   I did like Ben's comment "tell me I'm seeing things" when he saw her car.:D  How dare she just let herself in to someone else's home, added shock the Astoni's  actually lock their front door! I bet she did that at their home back in the city using the excuse she paid for it so she was entitled to let herself in. Coco did seem the only one glad to see her, even Maggie didn't look that overjoyed.  Ziggy has issues with her as heard in her comments about 'no she hasn't changed her hair' and 'we like the place as it is'. As for Diana putting up the dosh for Ben's bail, well all he has to do is keep out of trouble and her money is safe so she can go back to the city soon as. A brief mention of Maggie's dad - separated from Diana - so no longer exists in her eyes. Good luck with keeping secret the fact that Ziggy was arrested - what was that for again? - and Coco has bulimia.  She's certainly going to rub some of the locals up the wrong way Alf being one if not the first.

Kat didn't have much time to shut her door as she was being sick in the sink when Roo followed her in and Robbo/Beckett had his hands full when Marilyn pitched up. Strange kind of flashback he had, it looked like the guy he was fighting had grey hair so unless Dylan had aged dramatically since we last saw him it must have been someone else. John gave him good advice about talking to Kat about it as he found out it was better to talk about it.  Sad comment from Robbo that he wasn't liking what he was finding out about himself. Wonder how it would have gone if he had told Kat his news before she told him hers?  It was pretty handy  that pregnancy test kit was still on the coffee table therefore saving Kat having to actually tell Roo she was pregnant.  So Kat had been a tad careless in her and Robbo's initial get togethers :whistling::wink:- not on the pill then! Hard conversation with Roo I would have thought she was unsure at first but then decided she did want her baby. Kat is in a dilemma, she hasn't even mentioned, yet, to Robbo she may not want to have this baby now he's gone and proposed. 

Well, I think I've mellowed from my first-day-back blues or maybe it was involving the rest of the Bay rather than playing it out in isolation, but I quite enjoyed the Astonis here.It was nice how Alf charmed Diana while saying all the wrong things, with the rest of the town quickly following on.And then Coco blurting out the last few months' worth of storylines in a huge face palm moment.I'm beginning to see why Diana and Coco get on: Neither of them have the firmest grip on reality.Diana doesn't seem to have a clue that none of them want her there, while Coco doesn't have a clue why none of them want her there.She may have figured it out now though, and quite a bit of karma coming her way as she's left to entertain Diana while everyone else sensibly makes themselves scarce.

Robbo appears to be taking the burying his head in the sand route, as he ignores what he's learning and remembering about his past and again concentrates on his new life in Summer Bay.Kat and the baby's given him something to hold on to and he ends up accepting everything he turned down from Alf last episode.Kat inviting him to move in (because her only friend just left town...) seems a decent first step and to be honest I'm as happy as Robbo to forget about all the serial killer stuff for the moment.

I'm guessing Ash and Luc are still meant to be staying with the Pattersons in order to hide her from Mick, which would explain why Leah was delivering Luc to Irene.But the characters still haven't learned their lesson about trusting Mick and Irene in particular is reaching new levels of idiocy.Not content with bringing Mick there in the first place, she decides the best way to keep him away from Luc is to go looking for him with Luc, rather than just binning the toy like any normal person would have done?That would have been stupid even if she wasn't already doing the old soap stand by of "ignore the fact you're clearly ill until you collapse at the end of the episode".

9 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Kat didn't have much time to shut her door as she was being sick in the sink when Roo followed her in and Robbo/Beckett had his hands full when Marilyn pitched up.

Right, so you're OK with Roo and Marilyn just walking into someone's home but not Diana?  At least she's actually related to people staying at the property.  Besides, I'm not sure how your statement negates the point I was trying to make.  They still let themselves into somebody's home and it's an invasion of privacy IMO regardless of whether somebody shut their door or not although you've acknowledged people generally don't lock the front doors in Summer Bay so even if they had been shut they could have simply been opened I guess.

I'm continuing to enjoy seeing Diana wind the Astoni's up.  I thought it was quite selfish of them to put pressure on Coco to not tell her the truth given Coco's current state so I was glad when she blurted everything out.  I'm also glad Diana's staying for another week at least.  All of them will be miserable, except for Coco who I think will benefit from having her Nan around.  Looks as though Diana took a shine to Alf and I would imagine he fancies her too.  Perhaps just a little bit.

Didn't mind the stuff with Irene and Mick.  Have to admit I found it really funny when Alf lost it with him at the Diner.  One good thing about Mick is how much he annoys certain people.  Going by the preview, really looking forward to seeing Ash lose it, as always...

The Irene and Mick scenes were the best ones for me as this is the story I’ve been most looking forward to picking up after the Christmas break. she doesn’t look good and i hope it’s nothing too serious!!

maggies mum just isn’t doing it for me. There seemed to be too much of the episode set at the farmhouse with the Astonis basically having the same conversation as the last scene. Is that just me? What did make me stand up and take notice was her encounter with Alf down at the pier. Was there a spark?!??  Or just a good old friendly Summer Bay welcome?

Archived