My5 & 7+ 35th Anniversary Classic Episodes Discussion

James Martin

9 hours ago, Dan F said:

Nothing so imaginative unfortunately - 1998 is the same one they've trotted out before, Sally getting shot in the diner. 1999 is Duncan's homemade bomb was going off (which I'm sure is another they've repeated in the past), and 2000 is Ailsa dropping dead.

Thanks Dan. Ailsa’s death is a disappointing choice (I think even Judy would agree!) would have been nice to see Sally’s non wedding. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the classic episodes on 7+ the same as the ones you're getting on My5?

It's very exciting to watch late-90s episodes again - although I think they made a mistake in the description for the episode where Donald proposes to Marilyn. Donald and Marilyn aren't even in it and instead it's about Angel/Simon, Kelly diagnosing Stephanie with bubonic plague, and Casey being Casey... Very fun to see, though. And we've got the two cyclone episodes from 1997! I wish they continued up to Selina's wedding/kidnap, but I'm not going to complain with what we've got. Hopefully, 7+ will do more of this.

9 minutes ago, ter06 said:

would have been nice to see Sally’s non wedding. 

That's  been repeated a fair bit, tbh.

5 hours ago, James Martin said:

I wonder if My5 will service the 2004+ episodes in HD, with production going to at least 720p around 2003.  I assume 2004 will be the Olympic Siege, although there's some decent material throughout that season, particularly the Bevan Lee era. 

Certainly they will be on 7+ as they'll have the original tapes, question is will My5 will use their own edited tapes (to cover ad breaks etc.) after we get out the ITV era.

Duncan's bomb storyline was completely hacked out by ITV at the time so I can live with that getting shown, but nobody's going to remember it going out as as far as the Poms are concerned, it didn't happen!

ITV were wimps and hypocrites. Still are with the butchery of Classic Emmerdale at times.

I love watching the old episodes on 7 plus and wonder why the show doesn't have the spark it had. Going off topic, but I had a feel and the show lost its spark in 2012 when Lucy Addario started. Maybe it''s time for her to go. Only saying because the old episodes just made me feel warm inside such as the Boat disaster reunions and all the weddings.

Another side note, can the topic discussion title get edited, there's a spelling mistake.

14 hours ago, Dan F said:

1999 is Duncan's homemade bomb was going off (which I'm sure is another they've repeated in the past),

I don't think they have, actually. Unless I'm getting very confused, I think the 1999 episodes from the last run were Byron's birth and David DiAngelo taking Ailsa and Duncan hostage, with Ailsa's car accident as the online only episode. So, given it was one of ITV's more famous cuts, it's not that bad a choice!

Watched the 1994 episode.Nice to get a more light-hearted one, even if they did play dramatic music over the tree burning and we got the Ross kids' dilemma over Christmas.Interesting that no-one seemed to be on Pippa's side, with Ailsa and Irene trying to talk her into the lunch at the Diner.Spot the continuity errors: Donald seems to bounce between being at the Diner with Pippa, being at the store with Jack and being at the Ross house with Pippa, and Shannon seemed to go from jeans at the surf club to a skirt with Alf and Curtis later on!

22 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Pippa exit was pretty dreadful to be honest it’s always feel like huge let down when I  watch it. 

I can understand why they sent her off the way they did, but if Debra had never returned what an awful exit for the show’s central character.

I’ve not seen it since it originally aired, so would just like to see it again with grown up eyes. Her being given a mobile phone wouldn’t have happened these days.

• Dan F changed the title to My5 & 7+ 35th Anniversary Classic Episodes Discussion

Did anyone else feel yesterday my5 episode (Shane and Angel's Wedding) just felt súper poignant knowing what happens years later? Havent seen this episode for years and watching it now knowing they didnt get on was weird. I was looking for signs ?

Archived