My5 & 7+ 35th Anniversary Classic Episodes Discussion

James Martin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 630si said:

Did anyone else feel yesterday my5 episode (Shane and Angel's Wedding) just felt súper poignant knowing what happens years later? Havent seen this episode for years and watching it now knowing they didnt get on was weird. I was looking for signs ?

I was definitely looking for signs, but they did a very good job - assuming their issues had begun at that point, but sometimes any chemistry makes a couple believable, positive or negative, it’s the lack of chemistry that shows most.

4 hours ago, 630si said:

Did anyone else feel yesterday my5 episode (Shane and Angel's Wedding) just felt súper poignant knowing what happens years later? Havent seen this episode for years and watching it now knowing they didnt get on was weird. I was looking for signs ?

If you look up G'Day Summer Bay (something that Tristan Bancks hosted in 1996 at some point after both Shane's and Michael's deaths) on YouTube, it clearly sounds as if they didn't get on even then.  Dieter talks about how he wasn't really a fan of kissing Melissa for Shane and Angel scenes, and jokes about Melissa eating garlic.  And Melissa definitely seems to clear her throat and Tristan's like "Oops sorry, we're not gonna talk about that" when the conversation topic moved in the direction of Dieter.

9 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Bobby had so much mileage left in her. I think Nicolle wanted to leave to do other things though and had given almost 6 years to H&A.

She wanted to be a Mum to her boys and while H&A gave her the dosh, didn't so much the time.

8 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

If you look up G'Day Summer Bay (something that Tristan Bancks hosted in 1996 at some point after both Shane's and Michael's deaths) on YouTube, it clearly sounds as if they didn't get on even then.  Dieter talks about how he wasn't really a fan of kissing Melissa for Shane and Angel scenes, and jokes about Melissa eating garlic.  And Melissa definitely seems to clear her throat and Tristan's like "Oops sorry, we're not gonna talk about that" when the conversation topic moved in the direction of Dieter.

It was probably awkward for Tristan too as he'd worked so closely with both!

It was always one of those great myths as to whether Melissa and Dieter did or didn't get on but her silence when he died said an awful lot IMO.

It was definitely Nicole's decision to leave and it was definitely on good terms or the fridge wouldn't have happened, but it set up some great arcs, dovetailing into Adam's decision to leave and the exiling of Morag - until, I think, Kane stood trial.  

I imagine the 2004-7 section will actually be very Chris Hemsworth heavy.  Which is fair enough.

49 minutes ago, James Martin said:

It was always one of those great myths as to whether Melissa and Dieter did or didn't get on but her silence when he died said an awful lot IMO.

It was definitely Nicole's decision to leave and it was definitely on good terms or the fridge wouldn't have happened, but it set up some great arcs, dovetailing into Adam's decision to leave and the exiling of Morag - until, I think, Kane stood trial.  

I imagine the 2004-7 section will actually be very Chris Hemsworth heavy.  Which is fair enough.

It'll be a crime if 2005 doesn't have the 4000th episode. Chris H is pretty active in that episode so they'd be getting 2 birds with one stone. 2004 most likely will be the Siege and I don't think Kim was in that episode. 2006 ...Jack and Martha's wedding maybe. 2007...I dunno Sally's failed wedding maybe

7 hours ago, hapitoby said:

It'll be a crime if 2005 doesn't have the 4000th episode. Chris H is pretty active in that episode so they'd be getting 2 birds with one stone. 2004 most likely will be the Siege and I don't think Kim was in that episode. 2006 ...Jack and Martha's wedding maybe. 2007...I dunno Sally's failed wedding maybe

Surely 2006 would be Flynn death, like that was a impactful episode

On 01/12/2022 at 01:09, Red Ranger 1 said:

I don't think they have, actually. Unless I'm getting very confused, I think the 1999 episodes from the last run were Byron's birth and David DiAngelo taking Ailsa and Duncan hostage, with Ailsa's car accident as the online only episode. So, given it was one of ITV's more famous cuts, it's not that bad a choice!

The bomg going off was shown on 7Plus some years back when they did Home and Away: Most Shocking Moments

7 hours ago, zara grace said:

Surely 2006 would be Flynn death, like that was a impactful episode

Another one that's repeated a lot but It's a fan fave and an award winner like Shane's death. I actually jibbed it for the World Cup at the time but caught repeats a few years later.

6 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Another one that's repeated a lot but It's a fan fave and an award winner like Shane's death. I actually jibbed it for the World Cup at the time but caught repeats a few years later.

Oh God yes - totally forgot it went out during Germany 2006.

Archived