My5 & 7+ 35th Anniversary Classic Episodes Discussion

James Martin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, beachside said:

What are the episodes for UK Viewers this week?

As already mentioned, this week is Sally being shot in the Diner(Episode 2497), Alf setting off Duncan's bomb(Episode 2600), Ailsa dying (Episode 2960:season finale), Leah and Vinnie's wedding(Episode 2998)and the bus crash(Episode 3235).

I read on another forum that the following week is Sally and Flynn's wedding, Pippa's birth, Noah's birth, Jack and Martha's wedding, and Archie's birth. I'm sure people will be disappointed but personally I'm glad they haven't wheeled out the Olympic Siege and Episode 4000 again: There's at least a couple there I haven't seen since first broadcast.

I’d forgotten what a complicated set the Nash house (Joel, Natalie etc…) was, no wonder they burnt it down.

The last incarnation of the Bayside Diner didn’t used to seem so bright, but given the plainness of most of the current sets I felt like I needed sunglasses.

It was nice to see Jesse in a much bigger role today, plus some Irene, Will & Hayley scenes - definitely in the midst of Irene’s best era here.

Also some early Will & Gypsy. It’s such a travesty what they did to them on their returns.

I think I’d rather them show the aftermath of the Diner Holdup and Duncan’s Bomb exploding rather than the main event being the cliffhanger.

I think both broadcasters are selecting their own episodes - but both for the same purpose.

If 7+ have the seige and My5 don't though, yeah nah.  VPNing the carp outta that.  Seven got an absolute rollocking from the Aussie regulator at the time ISTR, who found Ep. 3805 wasn't just PG but borderline M!  At the time the certification was U, with occasional PG episodes beginning in 2005.

Amazingly, despite the 2004 season being the first time Mr. Snippy came out of retirement to work for his new employers at Five, the Sarah Lewis storyline went out in the UK, in daytime, intact.

9 hours ago, James Martin said:

I think both broadcasters are selecting their own episodes - but both for the same purpose.

If 7+ have the seige and My5 don't though, yeah nah.  VPNing the carp outta that.  Seven got an absolute rollocking from the Aussie regulator at the time ISTR, who found Ep. 3805 wasn't just PG but borderline M!  At the time the certification was U, with occasional PG episodes beginning in 2005.

Amazingly, despite the 2004 season being the first time Mr. Snippy came out of retirement to work for his new employers at Five, the Sarah Lewis storyline went out in the UK, in daytime, intact.

Grr...Mr Snippy. That C-word ruined pretty much all of H&A's ITV run!

I remain glad that they're not just rolling out the Olympic Siege again. Not only has it been shown plenty of times before, but it's pretty much the definition of an idiot plot.

I ended up watching the whole of the 1998 episode even though it had been on before.It feels like at the time I didn't warm until Gypsy until after halfway through 2000 when she finally grew up.When we last saw these episodes, I was surprised by how likable she was to start with, not becoming the selfish character that those who wrote her 2012 return seemed to think she always was until halfway through 1999.And I liked her again here, laughing out loud at her "No way!" and being surprised at how supporting she was of Tom.

The 1999 episode was somewhere between the two: She spent the entire episode in a foul mood, but Will was being a jerk, so it was justified. The punchline of Hayley enjoying the racetrack ride while Will and Sam were scared stiff was obvious but raised a smile nevertheless.Nice to get a bit more of Chloe, even if it was just one scene.I'm not sure if that's the beginning of the end for Jesse or not, he did have a lot of trouble with dodgy mates dragging him back into his old life.

Again, the featured event was one of the less interesting things on show, probably because we know what's going to happen and that Alf'll be fine, like Wile E.Coyote having a bomb go off in his face and just getting a bit of soot on it.Ailsa taking the box into school when Duncan never actually said it was due that day seemed like a bit of a case of hearing what you want to.

Archived