My5 & 7+ 35th Anniversary Classic Episodes Discussion

James Martin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely have no memory of this plain looking girl travelling with Brax to find Casey, but I’m sure I should have. It’s amazing how although I’ve watched all of these episodes I have much more memory of the earlier episodes than those in the last 15 years or so, which probably shows how little I care for them or the characters at the time.

I don't think anyone ever cared for Natalie Davison. Probably one of the blandest and most poorly conceived characters in the show's history: I'm not even sure she lasted a year. I seem to remember this episode got shown as part of that weird "Braxtons Repeat Season" around 2014, but we're probably moving closer to episodes that have never been repeated, ironically, since they stopped the repeat runs soon after! Always intriguing to see early Kyle and Tamara...

Inside Soap didn't give any details of next week's episodes (or, indeed, of the first-run episodes on Channel 5 the following week...never has their bias towards the four main UK soaps been so blatant). From their preview in the previous issue, it looks like we're getting the hospital fundraiser disaster for 2016 (presumably Episode 6415), but what we're getting for 2013 to 2015 and potentially 2017 onwards is anyone's guess: We might have to wait for the episodes to drop!

11 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I don't think anyone ever cared for Natalie Davison. Probably one of the blandest and most poorly conceived characters in the show's history: I'm not even sure she lasted a year. I seem to remember this episode got shown as part of that weird "Braxtons Repeat Season" around 2014, but we're probably moving closer to episodes that have never been repeated, ironically, since they stopped the repeat runs soon after! Always intriguing to see early Kyle and Tamara...

Inside Soap didn't give any details of next week's episodes (or, indeed, of the first-run episodes on Channel 5 the following week...never has their bias towards the four main UK soaps been so blatant). From their preview in the previous issue, it looks like we're getting the hospital fundraiser disaster for 2016 (presumably Episode 6415), but what we're getting for 2013 to 2015 and potentially 2017 onwards is anyone's guess: We might have to wait for the episodes to drop!

Natalie, of course! There was a time when even the blandest characters were memorable.

2013 - Gina’s Funeral. Quite a good episode for seeing the characters of the day and also for John’s backstory. 

As much as I don’t like the disappearing toilets at the Diner, seeing Salt and Body  & Soul Gym made me realise how prominent toilets/changing room signs were on the sets and they weren’t really a good look.

Okay, I'm confused: Did two episodes drop today? Because I only had a chance to check it just now and both 2013 and 2014 are on there. Is this how they're going to get through the remaining years, do two a day? Did they drop at different times?

But anyway, yeah, Episode 5728 for 2013. A very good episode for Xavier, even though he wasn't a regular, having lots of little moments with characters from Jett to Dexter to Indi and even Heath, although sadly very little with April. And it was good to get a glimpse of the Braxtons as part of the community in between the high drama criminals vs criminals storyline.

Because, look away now if you haven't seen it, but 2014 is Episode 6052, the aftermath of Casey's shooting.Frankly, the previous episode may have been better.I'm afraid I had zero sympathy for Brax: Having people he cared about die because of the life he chose to live was pretty much the only consequence he ever had to face.Not much sympathy for anyone else involved either, it was pretty much a case of living by the sword and dying by the sword.

Maddy's another one, like Melody, who got a very bad press even though I adored her. So I was glad we got two episodes showing her softer side, even if we did have to sit through Spencer subjecting her to a hypocritical character assassination that we were probably meant to agree with.

Just finished all the 90’s episode today (was trying to watch them all in order so I had to jump around a bit between the categories) and thought they were amazing! Maybe I’m a bit bias because 90’s H&A was my childhood but I got so emotional seeing all those characters and episodes again! Def think I’ll be repeat watching for as long as they are all available on 7Plus! 

7 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Maddy's another one, like Melody, who got a very bad press even though I adored her. So I was glad we got two episodes showing her softer side, even if we did have to sit through Spencer subjecting her to a hypocritical character assassination that we were probably meant to agree with.

I'd completely forgotten that Maddy played the violin before I remembered that when she ran away at the end of 2014, she'd taken her violin with her along with the teddy bear from Oscar.

2 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I'd completely forgotten that Maddy played the violin before I remembered that when she ran away at the end of 2014, she'd taken her violin with her along with the teddy bear from Oscar.

Yeah, I seem to remember her selling her violin at one point. I think this would have been the one Alf bought her, I'm not sure if that was the one she sold or a replacement!

Archived