2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one of those soap  'must haves' - someone only hearing part of a discussion so completely getting hold of the wrong end of the stick.  At least it  looks like Mac & Logan are OK about him sorting Neve out first. 

True Bella wasn't there when Colby killed Ross but he kept quite about not only Dean being there but that Bella and Willow were accessories after the fact to keep them out of prison. 

Be interesting to see what Theo's Community Service will comprise of, litter picking, cleaning graffiti off the sides of buildings, rock breaking. ? Alf did take on board what Theo said and although not all his fault, I've said many a time Ryder is an adult so Alf shouldn't blame himself for not being there.  But he did overreact by putting all the blame on Theo but give him his dues he did play the bigger man and offered Theo his hand in apology which for Alf is a big deal and Theo was adult enough to accept it.  Also it seems Alf & Justin's friendship is restored.  Now all Alf has to do is persuade Ryder  to move back in.

Justin has bottled out of telling Leah again and Theo isn't any keener on telling his dad.   Liked Justin's admission, when Theo said he was leaving  because  of the trouble he'd caused, and what we knew anyway that when Theo first arrived he wasn't keen on him but he's come to look upon him as family. Do we know why Ada is absent btw?

That was a very odd turn around by Cash after  he and Jasmine had declared their love for each other and such a blunt refusal.  Not as if it would be a love nest either with Irene playing cuckoo. But as seen in the trailer it's because he feels he can't leave Flick on her own - or so he says. ?  Flick certainly gave him short shrift when she found out she was Cash's excuse. 

Thought Neve was slightly unhinged when she went for Bella's camera so I wasn't really surprised when she went for Mackenzie.  Kind of felt like Cash let something go again when Logan said Neve was his patient but I agree he did give Mackenzie the opportunity to take it further.

It was big of Alf to make amends with Theo.  Hopefully Theo will reign in his antics from now on.

Cash didn't exactly improve and seems to have tipped Jasmine over the edge with her teeth-clenched declarations that everything's fine. It's hard to tell how much of his story about not wanting to leave Felicity is true or not. It probably factors into it, but he's probably using that as a convenien excuse to avoid thinking about anything else. Felicity didn't exactly take it well. I notice that despite employing Felicity out of desperation, Mackenzie clearly doesn't consider her a friend but also doesn't know how to dent her irrepressibility. What with her and Ryder, Felicity really is lucking out on the workplace conversation side...

Well, Neve's admitted she needs help but seems to be very particular about who she gets the help from. Mackenzie was left feeling like a stranger in her own home again. Seven years seems pretty harsh: It's better than the days when they just used to shoot deserters but otherwise... Still, Neve would be better off serving seven years and being free afterwards than spending another seven years in hiding and being no better off.

Surprising that it was Justin having to make the overtures of friendship to Alf but I guess he's embarrassed himself enough for one week.

On 03/04/2022 at 18:12, Dan F said:

Both Ada and Emily took time off to home-school their sons during lockdown.

Thanks for that Dan F.  Is that the lockdown that doesn't exist in the bay?

Seems it was partly an excuse on Cash's part in turning Jasmine down.  They have only just declared their love for one another so maybe a tad too quick on her part?  Even so his hesitation when grilled by Flick did give the impression he had the problem and it was nothing to do with Flick being on her own.  As Jas pointed out they weren't leaving the country!  Of course Jasmine  has had rejection issues in the past so that could explain her 'everything's fine' declaration. 

Mac was being ultra understanding about Neve and Logan going off looking for her.  She accepted that there is nothing romantic going on between them and it's just him helping - or trying to - an ex who is going through a really hard time. Thankfully she came back on her own accord and admitted she did need help as her ability to cope with everyday things is breaking down. 

Way unfair of her to expect Logan to be the one to fix her, one he is no expert in this field and two and more importantly he is way too close to her.  She was guilt tripping him by reminding him of his old promise to be there for her, normally he would but this way beyond 'normal' help.  She said she hadn't been on the front line so I think in her mind she doesn't 'deserve' to be suffering PTSD.   But even so she would have been treating wounded, maybe dying, troops and still have heard the  blasts of bombs and gunfire, yet had to remain calm and professional so buried her fear. It has to come out sometime.

Very true that way back when deserters were shot but that was before PTSD or shell shock as it was known before that was recognised as an illness.  Wouldn't just be seven years she'd 'serve' if she went on the run, it'd be a life sentence.  She'd be jumping at the least thing and getting worse, could end up hurting herself or someone else who wouldn't be as understanding as Mac and she'd get arrested and flung in a jail somewhere. 

Me too I put Alf's walking off down to embarrassment that he'd made a clot of himself.  Good for Justin for hanging on in there, suggesting going fishing with him was pretty much a sure fire way of letting Alf keep face.  I'm guessing as Justin was bunking off Ziggy was working at the garage?   Hope Theo's community service goes well. 

When Mac told Felicity to go did she mean have another break or just go? ?

The show seems to be trying to put some meat on Theo's character at last, first with his guilt over leaving Ryder and now with this reveal of his history. I'm not sure if it quite explains his cockiness or dodginess when he first came in: If Dimitri was the powderkeg that he's presented as here, wouldn't he be used to keeping his head down rather than running scams out of his business? Still, it does explain him changing his attitude towards Justin on realising he's giving him the support his father didn't, and maybe John too as he becomes the latest youngster he's taken under his wing.

Oh and goodbye to Neve. A rather sad ending but at least she's got more hope for the future than she did when she turned up. Mackenzie gives her some rather well-aimed tough love to force her over the line.

And Cash and Jasmine talk.They seem to have been left in a better place at least, with the idea of moving in together shelved for now.

Archived