2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Yep I misremembered about Matthew being Chloe's dad. She blurted it out when Ryder stepped in to stop him harassing her in the Diner and Irene was there.  

There has to be some  kind of investigation going on that we aren't seeing even with Ari's 'confession'.   Susie's murder was and Ross', but not by local plod obviously. 

I suppose Mia has her own crazy logic as to why it's a good idea to get married to Ari. Of course he has to agree to it first or will he do like he did last time and cut off all contact with Mia?  I guess Ari has his reasons for handing his half of the gym to Tane halve the worry/stress of having Mia being sole owner? 

Felicity really has come on in leaps and bounds recently, she's been really supportive - in more ways than own - to Tane but not expecting him to be there for her all the time.  She was very defensive on his behalf when she thought Cash was interrogating him at Salt. Another nice little quip by her this time about her being a cop by association. Tane isn't going to tell her anything so as not to put her in the middle and Cash would be risking his and Flick's new closeness by asking her to betray Tane.   She seems to fit in OK at Salt and impressed Mac - though how long a lunch did she take btw? ?  Liked Tane's little quip about her not being allowed to dance on the bar.  It was funny to see Cash and Jasmine's reaction to her having to be at Salt because it was her shift.   Mostly she did but there was some ? by Jas when Cash took it upon himself to question Tane. 

Maybe that was Mac's plan moving Neve in would at least have her under the same roof - not that I think Logan would cheat on her.  Neve's reaction to seeing the blood obviously brought back very bad memories and they were to do with Logan getting hurt. 

Given his previous actions and behaviour I was impressed with the way Theo was last night he was genuinely trying to apologise to Alf about what had happened to Ryder but Alf due to other reasons didn't want a bar of it or him.  He has convinced himself Theo all but forced Ryder into the coffin and wouldn't listen to the fact it was a joint effort and Ryder's idea.  Justin was only doing what any other  other parent/grandfather/uncle would do defend your son/grandson/nephew if unfairly blamed  of something. Alf himself would have done exactly the same.  I suppose Alf should count himself Leah isn't there she'd be firmly on Theo's side -having turn a strip off him herself of course. I'm still of the opinion and it is transference he can't do anything about the Martha/Roo situation  and he can't have a go at Anna - the real one to blame so he's lashing at an OK not so innocent Theo, if he hadn't wandered off to the Diner he wouldn't have had that accident on the way back.  Not a spoiler  as it's in the trailer but is it Alf's place to tell Cash to arrest Theo.   Ryder is 21, an adult so perfectly able to lay any charges himself if he wanted to. 

Has Roo felt obliged to do an u turn about renting a van  due to Ryder coming home the next day? Is Ryder going to be fine Red ?- I had my doubts when he was in hospital and going by the trailer -  he isn't.  

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Felicity and Cash both suspect something is amiss with the Parata's.  Looks as though Cash isn't buying Ari's confession.  Presumably he suspects Mia did it.

I have to admit, I quite enjoyed Mia telling Tane about her wanting to marry Ari in jail, and her reaction when he told her how ridiculous it was.  Also, when Irene basically told her the same thing although more diplomatically.

Roo's facial expressions were quite amusing when she saw Theo at the Diner and when she bumped into Martha later on.

Again whilst I still don't like him as a person, I am finding his outbursts amusing even if I did feel sorry for Theo this time, so I was glad Justin went round even though I thought he could have handled it better.

To be honest, it was a relief to have an episode free of Paratas, Cash and Jasmine's chat aside!

When did Ryder and Theo become mates? I think for most of last year being banned from seeing each other would have been greeted with sighs of relief. Alf wanting Theo charged with attempted murder was ridiculous: He obviously wasn't trying to kill Ryder. Alf went into those videos determined to see what he wanted to see but probably wouldn't have mentioned his own firewalking experience either way: I seem to remember Don saying they'd never told anyone. (If someone in the know did bring it up, no doubt his response would be "That's different.")

I liked John giving Theo some firm but fair advice, and his casually inviting himself into Irene and Jasmine's conversation (and the rest!). I remain on Roo's side about Martha: She's being selfish and spinning it as noble, and having a row in front of Ryder wasn't smart.

Theo and Ryder obviously become buddies without our knowledge.  How old does Alf think Ryder is by banning him from seeing Theo - 12?  It never works when they are kids/teenagers so no chance now he's an adult. 

The first couple of the vids were pretty harmless but then they hiked it up with the fire walking and Cash was right none of them were against the law - and the fire walking was on  private land.?  Attempted murder - how did Alf come to that conclusion? He wouldn't even listen to Ryder saying it was his idea - according to Alf - he was coerced -  I'm of a mind he's having some kind of breakdown.    Of course Alf and Don's fire walking was different - it always is.?   

Seems I wasn't the only one who thought Alf should be relieved Leah wasn't there - Justin said the same - she would have told Alf in no uncertain terms to back off.  Which would have hurt Alf as he has seen Leah as a daughter.  

I never thought I'd say this but I like the 'new' Theo, the experience seems to have made him grow up and accept responsibility for the things he's done. He's certainly not the brash, loud idiot we first encountered.  I know Justin kept telling him to give Ryder a few days before contacting  him but I felt it could have looked like Theo didn't care about what he had done or about Ryder.  It was resolved anyway as Ryder contacted him. 

Roo also reassured Ryder there was no rush to pay back the loan but Ryder feels he should and anyway he doesn't want that hanging round his neck for years, the sooner he pays it off  the sooner he can get on with his life.  I asked before but do we know how much was made? I hope their 'loyal' followers did pay up. 

The after effects of being buried underground have started to show - hence Ryder's panic attack - luckily - as always happens - there was someone on hand to help him through it.   The squabbling between Martha and Roo is not going to help him.  Must be pretty frosty in that house.

Did like Irene's ? ? nudge, nudge comment to Jas about her not coming home the night before.  

I agree that Ryder is really Theo's mate.  Theo hasn't acted like a mate since the whole time they've known each other putting him in a boot of a car, trying to steal Chloe from him etc. The challenges were just a partnership of convenience and even during the last one swapping proper food for Chili's when Ryder was buried in the box, knowing he was going to be there for hours.  Feels like this is more a guilt thing.  In saying that I do think that work really well together and the one positive thing about the stuff with the Paratas is that for now anyway, Chloe/Theo are on hold.

Ryder's essentially ended up in this scenario because he was so hurt Chloe wanted nothing more to do with him, he didn't even want to get compensated for his share of the business.

Alf is now becoming laughable.

Jasmine was a lot better in that episode.

I didn’t really enjoy any of that I thought it was it pretty crap to be honest I agree with Alf concerning Ryder and Theo and I don’t think they would ever be mates in reality 

If Mia really was worried about Ari she would confess 

Alf's episode count this week: Three.

It was only one scene but I love that we got an in-person scene between Bella and Ryder, and that she was the one to query how exactly he and Theo are friends. In fact, seeing Bella free of the Parata ghetto for the first time this season reminded me just what a great character she can be around the right people. I wonder what would happen if she and Felicity ever properly met because they've got that same "force of nature" vibe about them: Bella completely crashes Dean and Ziggy's romantic day-off, yet they can't bring themselves to mind and end up inviting her to stay.

Alf seems determined to punish someone for what happened to Ryder, yet doesn't have the self-awareness to realise that it's him that's causing all Ryder's stress. So he's finally found something Theo actually did to get him arrested for...and, to be honest, even though Theo's been less objectionable the last couple of weeks, I can't really say he's wrong to do so. Constable Murray makes his first appearance of the season!

Archived