2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

17 hours ago, pembie said:

The Ari story is beyond stupid just because he confessed to murder just think if all crime stories like Sherlock Holmes were like this be over on page one 

Tane is his brother but his willing for Ari to go to prison for his girlfriend and daughter 

It was amusing though that as soon as the family went into lockdown the whole town near enough finds out How did it reach the paper that’s even funnier 

Logan my goodness his quite witty but my word his also very boring so good job his ex wife as turned up just so I can stop seeing him and Mac running to the bedroom all the time

I don’t know about Neighbours getting axed seeing the trailer for it’s episodes look much better than this silly show at the moment 

Yeah it just feels like a kick in the balls. Unless we can club together and raise £50m and say "Oi, five, there's your bastard money!" nothing we can

Onto another show North of the state line. 

Is it an unwritten rule that everyone's ex wants to play kissy-face everytime they bowl up? 

Flames abound, careful Alfie, you might Wind up in that bed next to Martha.

I can just imagine some of the long-deceased characters looking down on the town and rolling their eyes.

Bobby: *about Bella* Was I ever like that?

Ailsa: You were worse! *chuckles*

Casey: These Parata guys are amateurs compared to my brothers.

Denny: You said it... *holds his hand*

Flynn: Logan's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired...

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/03/2022 at 22:33, CaptainHulk said:

Who'd have thunk Roo and Justin were great diggers? Then again, they've been known to dig their own bloody holes at times!

And if anyone kicked off like that at a hospital in Real-Life (even with just cause), they would be bounced instantly

Yes, I thought the same. In Australia you can walk into hospital intensive care wards at will, surgeons even take social calls while doing delicate brain surgery (Christian had me in stitches a while back), you can wander into schools too it seems and no one cares. ?

1 hour ago, Psychic Wombat said:

Yes, I thought the same. In Australia you can walk into hospital intensive care wards at will, surgeons even take social calls while doing delicate brain surgery (Christian had me in stitches a while back), you can wander into schools too it seems and no one cares. ?

If they had their way they'd probably be smoking spliffs before surgery???

Oh dear.  Chloe looked like a bit like a zombie when she turned up for work at the Diner.  That certainly didn't take very long.  I was expecting Bella to have to spend quite a few episodes with her pretending to be friends before Chloe caved.  I was astonished at Bella actually.  I wasn't expecting her to threaten to go to the police but to at least try and talk Chloe into coming clean.  However she's actually going to support her keep up the pretence.

Whilst I found Alf funny when he had a go at Theo, his outburst at John just proves how unlikeable he is.  I was glad other people were there to support John and Irene stuck up for him.

I thought Dean handled Logan really well given that it was his sister.  Didn't go in full guns blazing and gave him the opportunity to tell Mackenzie what happened.  Did find it slightly amusing Ziggy was the one who saw Logan kiss his ex given she's been on both sides in that particular scenario.

Chloe didn't deliberately kill someone, so that's a point in her favour. Of course, Colby didn't let anyone else go to jail, not even the ones who were accessories. Otherwise, she's the one who killed someone she didn't need to in the name of protecting someone and went along with covering it up. Still the same conversations with the Paratas. Tane is getting more and more ridiculous, insisting on sticking to Ari's plan even though Ari's plan is stupid. Mia points out that she doesn't actually need Ari's permission to make a statement (and she's only talking about saying why Ari hated Matthew, telling the police that he didn't do it hasn't even occurred to her), but ultimately settles for whining a lot and doing nothing to help. Dean, on the outside of the latest criminal conspiracy for once, tells Mia that Ari must know what he's doing, which is putting a lot of faith in someone who's plan is to make sure the family gets punished as much as possible. Bella seems to have switched her advice as well: She knows this sort of cover-up doesn't work long-term, but she's going along with it.

I think Dean gave Logan a bit too much credit, given that he didn't actually tell Mackenzie about either his ex being in town or the kiss. Bella's inappropriate interjections were amusing as always. Mackenzie inviting Neve to move in to give the illusion of control could backfire badly.

Bella can't force Chloe into confessing but you said Red, Bella does have experience of covering up a serious crime and to Chloe Ari is family and she does now have someone other than family she can talk to.  I may be totally wrong but I think Chloe will crack in the end.  Perhaps deep down Tane does know what Ari is doing is wrong/misguided but feels obliged to follow his wishes.  It's got  a bit more complicated now as Chloe has told Nik Bella knows the truth.   Mia could fess up and tell the police her version of the truth keeping Chloe out of it but then the whole back story would need to come out meaning Chloe wouldn't escape being in the public eye anyway. 

Let's not forget no-one outside the family - Bella aside - knows Matthew was Chloe's dad or am I misremembering??  Same grumble on Aus site about where are the tecs investigating  Matthew's death - they can't just be taking Ari's word he's the killer at face value and not going any further or is that why there is a six week gap between now and his sentencing? It's been said before but why isn't Mia being investigated as an accessory?  Rather pointless Mia grabbing all the papers and dumping them in the bin, they've been seen already. ?

I see the avoiding the girlfriends rule didn't last long - Nik was seen at Salt with Bella, but she knows everything now,  and then we saw - in the trailer - Tane waiting outside Flick's van. 

Dean played it right, gave Logan the chance to tell Mac himself, though he did only tell her half the truth and got dropped in it again about the kiss.  Neve like a lot of PTSD sufferers denied it of course.  A remark was made about him not telling Neve he had a girlfriend but she had only just turned up for heaven's sake, plus he believed she was dead so couldn't be blasted for not waiting for her.   Is that a clever ploy by Mac suggesting Neve moves in with her, Logan and Bella - who again she hasn't checked it out with - or will it backfire.  Just where had Logan and Neve been all night. ?  I liked how Dean was concerned about Mac.

Dean was diplomatic again when talking  to Tane, he knows something isn't right but isn't pushing. 

I'm wondering if  the reason Alf is so ultra grumpy is because he can't do anything about Martha's decision about not wanting the transplant so is taking out his frustration on others. 

I'm pretty sure it must be common knowledge by now that Matthew was Chloe's father: Chloe's told Ryder and to a point Theo, Mia talked about it to Irene, Ari told Cash when he confessed. There's probably others. The show seems to be taking the stance that Ari's confession basically ended the investigation. Mia's plan was typically stupid yet everyone's going along with it. There's nothing "strong" about standing and watching while Ari throws himself to the lions. I am slightly amused that Ari's signing half the gym over to Tane rather than letting Mia be the sole owner. Does Mia even know what the situation is? Of course Ari's given up: He gave up the moment he made that confession.

A bit more information about what's going on with Neve. Dean comes close to blowing apart Mackenzie's carefully crafted plan.The most amusing thing on offer was Hurricane Felicity somehow getting a job at Salt. It could be setting up a clash between her and Mackenzie, although I seem to remember they actually got on when they first met, before Mackenzie declared herself Team Tane without checking whether Tane actually had or wanted a team.

So it seems as though Nikau has now joined the dark side.  Pretty fed up with all the Paratas now and still frustrated with the whole Chloe situation.  Part of me was hoping someone would gather all the newspapers, cut Matthew's photo out and plaster them all over Chloe's bedroom.  Even Tane who's one of my favourite characters, I'm not really liking at the moment and it feels like he's just using Felicity for sex again.

I'm really liking that we are now seeing Felicity interacting with other characters.  She seems to get on OK with Ziggy and presumably she doesn't hold grudges and was happy to ask Mackenzie for another job.  I also really liked the way she was watching Mac have a go at Dean about potentially spoiling her plan to keep an eye Logan and Neve.  Mackenzie's taking a big risk as that potentially could push them closer together, irrespective if Logan wouldn't do anything behind her back.

Mia continues to annoy me just by being there and I'm frustrated at how much everyone's indulging her. It seems like every episode someone tells her some home truths and then backs down and goes along with her latest ridiculous plan. Because marrying Ari in jail will make everything better, yeah? Having Cash wander around encouraging people to talk to him rather than simply looking at the evidence is actually making him look even more useless. I did enjoy Cash's increasingly bewildered reaction to Felicity working at Salt.

There seems to be a huge case of transference going on with Alf. Martha could still die, yet he's being ridiculously calm about it and acting like a one-man negotiations team with her and Roo. Meanwhile, Ryder's going to be fine and Alf is insisting on yelling at whoever he's decided is to blame today. It feels like he's doing it because he's got no-one to yell at about Martha except her. (Well, technically there is someone else to blame but she's in jail.) Mind you, Justin deciding to storm round there and poke the bear is just likely to make things worse.

Archived