2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

We've occasionally seen Aboriginal characters on the show, although I don't think there's ever been one as a regular.

John got most of the best laughs again, repeatedly putting his foot in it during his attempts to reassure Dean and then pointing out that Karen's right behind him.So, the news could have been worse: It seems it's mostly Karen making a mountain out of a molehill.

Felicity's response to her uniform was great: It must be a relief for Mackenzie to have an employee who'll wear it that isn't Bella. Unfortunately, that's the only relief she has. To be honest, there was no way her ultimatum was going to go any other way: Logan was never going to just kick Neve out. Living with her may have been difficult but now they're in the very situation Mackenzie was trying to avoid. Felicity's no filter strikes again with her casually asking if Neve, Mackenzie and Logan are living together living together.

Have we seen Jasmine's reluctance to celebrate birthdays before? Irene blabbing to Felicity may not have been a good idea...

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking of John straight off - did he suddenly have an attack of amnesia - Dean definitely told him it had been five days since Karen had been seen/heard of - but when Irene asked how long she'd been missing he said he had no idea.? If I remember right after a rocky start John developed a bit of a soft spot for Karen. 

That was amusing when John had to in effect say  to Dean 'she's behind you'. Then, of course, he nearly dropped Dean in it when Karen asked a perfectly normal question about what Dean had been up to.  Dean do hurry up and tell her about the accident before someone in all innocence does, ditto the news about Jai too. While we're at it Dean be very careful how you respond to Karen's revelation Brett has asked you to marry him. ??  No laughing or comments  about why would he want to marry you. May be just be a molehill  to us Red, but to Karen it is a bloody great mountain!  Any bets on the odds how long it will be before he rocks up in the bay?

Wasn't Flick's initial, jokey, reaction to the uniform the same as Dean's, except he meant it.  That was kind of sweet her saying it felt good to belong to a group.  Now she's calmed down a bit  I  think she'll be a good addition to the Salt crew.  She's bright and cheerful, seems friendly enough but not OTT  towards the customers.  Probably shouldn't have laughed at Flick's question about Neve, Logan and Mac 'living' together but needles to say I did.?

I didn't think we had seen any Aboriginals - or should that be native Australians - as residents/workers in the bay. I know it's not obligatory  and TPTB shouldn't do it just to tick a box - just saying. 

Sadly Mac's plan to keep Neve close has backfired on her, but to be fair she has no idea how deep Neve's problems go. She is still in denial about her having PTSD yet her reaction to the engine backfiring said it all. I know it's not likely to happen but Alf buried  it for years before accepting he had it so if anyone could maybe talk her round to at least accepting the idea it would be him.  It seems wasn't the first time then Logan had got up to check on Neve and both his ladies were aware of the fact.  I'm sure Logan still cares deeply for Neve but I think, unless I'm being naive, I think that is as far as it goes, he just wants to keep an eye on her - hence his moving into one of the Motels of choice in the bay with her. 

Wow a sort of break through at the end Alf rang Justin to arrange a meet - now if they could both keep their tempers under control.?  

Bit foggy as to whether we've seen Jasmine have a birthday - she's been in the bay five years now - but we don't always see a character mention or celebrate their birthday, unless it's a big one.    Has to be a reason TPTB have suddenly decided Jasmine has  a thing about them. Something to do with her parents maybe or not celebrated as she was in care? ?  Cash's big surprise looks - by the trailer - to have gone down like a lead Birthday balloon. 

Alf's episode count this week:Five!

There was a time when John wouldn't spend time with Karen if you paid him. Now...he will spend time with Karen if you pay him [enough], so I guess that's progress! Ziggy gamefully attempted to explain away the photo of Jai but Dean realised it had gone far enough. I wasn't too impressed with Karen's initial comments on Amber, so glad she was more understanding later on.Dean and Ziggy at least remembered that Bella lives with them...no word on where she was though, even though she and Nikau aren't seeing each other at the moment! (Maybe, with Mackenzie suddenly stuck in an empty flat, Bella decided that was the quieter place now...)

Jasmine's only been in the Bay a little over four years...and she might still have been in a coma for her first birthday there! (I could check but it's more funny to imagine that she was.) Cash at least had the sense to ditch Felicity's OTT ideas, and his romantic birthday dinner might actually have gone down well without the birthday part. He probably should have taken more heed of Irene's assessment. I guess if Jasmine doesn't celebrate birthdays, that would explain it if they haven't been mentioned before. I kind of like that the police just ignore Felicity hanging out at the station with a feeling of "It's Felicity."

I could see both Alf and Justin's point of view here. Alf was being sincere as far as wanting to make things up with Justin is concerned but he doesn't think that means he should also forgive Theo...whereas Justin doesn't want to be friends with him if he's still got it in for his "nephew".

I do think the show is struggling story wise at the moment 

Karen has ran away from her boyfriend because he asked her to marry him hmm I think that’s scraping the barrel there a little 

Marthas gone again really I can understand why Roo can’t forgive her she is going to die without operation 

I know it’s Tanes and Nike culture but I did wonder if I was watching Cobra Kai I thought they were getting away from stress but learning all that looks stressful 

50 Aus $'s  for John to keep Karen occupied while Dean & Ziggy tidied any signs of Jai away! ?   Surprised Dean didn't demand a refund as John only partly did his job. Karen's no Einstein but she 's not daft either.  He spent most of the time filling her in on what happened between him and Maz, skipping over Susie, didn't even  mention her name.  

BTW methinks me lady is protesting too much when it comes to Brett and his proposal, she loves him like he loves her but as she told Dean is scared she'll screw up. Brett is an adult so perfectly capable of knowing what he is getting himself into. 

Had to be something one of them had overlooked, turned out to be a photo of Jai that fell out of the box.  Don't forget Amber didn't like Karen either back then, hence her ban on Karen going anywhere near Jai now, so Karen's comments weren't that much of a surprise and she did admit Amber was right to  feel the way she did seeing how she was when they last knew each other.  Feelings  hadn't changed regarding Francesca  though. ? Dean ringing Amber at the end methinks.   Only one more secret to reveal now Dean. ?

Felicity guilt tripped Cash into making a big deal over Jasmine's birthday.  How could he NOT know it was her Birthday - he must be a rotten boyfriend.  By the by does Jasmine know when his is?  I'm glad she did explain as to why she hadn't celebrated it since she was six which was as I thought was tied to her dad, all she wanted was just a card from him which never arrived.  Felicity and Cash had each other to celebrate with and while the care home may have cared about the kids in their charge not the same as family. 

it was a big deal for Alf to make the first approach towards Justin but he hadn't totally thought it through.  Justin would be thinking of Theo so misunderstanding on both sides and back to square one. 

Well, I'm glad John got to plead Amber's side of things a bit and that Karen acknowledged she's done a decent job with Jai.Dean was well-intentioned arranging a meeting between them, but he's potentially storing up trouble with both Amber and Jai in the future by bending the rules to have Jai meet Karen without knowing she's his grandmother.

I can understand Jasmine and Cash's frustration at Felicity gatecrashing their date together and don't blame them for having a word with her, but it does emphasise that she doesn't have much of a social circle outside them and Tane. Her being left on her own doesn't always end well so maybe she needs to look up some other old contacts. (It's ridiculous that I don't think Roo's had a single scene with Felicity or Tane since she misrepresented their spat to Cash last year! So much for that friendship...)

There are times when Felicity is one of my favourite characters but other times not so much.  Didn't really like her yesterday.  I do agree that it is an issue being left on her own and she seems dependent on Cash/Jasmine and Tane.  She also drinks way too much.  There is a reason she doesn't have much of a social circle...because she's anti-social.  She was the reason she and Cash were evicted from their previous place, there were complaints about her when she first moved into the caravan park and even in that episode she messed Alf's garden beds up (Last thing we want is yet another reason for Alf to be miserable).

I was also glad John stuck up for Amber.  I've never liked Karen and I'm not happy to see her again.  I actually think in her case, Amber's been a good judge of character and whilst I can't really say I have much sympathy for her regarding Jai, I do think she should be able to see him.

Archived